“WOW”

Ranked #20 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersGold level
“WOW”
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

You had me at "Green". I am writing this sitting at my room's desk looking out over a beautiful Omaha morning, sipping my complimentary blueberry mango smoothie and munching on my tasty breakfast burrito and fresh fruit bowl. I need to do this now, while in the moment, lest I forget.

The last night of a 4 week road trip, and our best stay is our last. Room is upscale Euro: small sofa, king bed (very comfortable), flat screen TV with excellent reception on a swivel stand to allow watching from any of the 4 vantage points in our room, A/V interface to connect computer to TV, unbelievably well equipped kitchenette ( with a full size frig that I didn't have to unplug in order to sleep). CLEAN, clean, clean. COOL, cool, cool.

Front desk staff efficient and courteous. Welcome reception with GOOD beer and wine, and tasty, fresh hot snacks. Shuttle service worked flawlessly for us to have a great dinner at Stokes in the Old Market.

Their operations seem to uphold their Environmental Statement. I can't imagine staying anywhere else in Omaha, and won't.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gim M
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are delighted to learn you had such an enjoyable stay with us recently and our amenities and accommodations fit your needs well. We look forward welcoming you back for another memorable stay the next time you are in Omaha. Thanks again and take care!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Prosper, Texas
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This is my second stay at the Element in Omaha. Being a Starwood Platinum member, there are only 2 options in Omaha and the other rates about a 1 or a 2.

Great upgrade, friendly staff and with Midtown Crossing right behind it, great food options.

Will definitely be back!

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
We greatly appreciate the time you took to share your review with us. It’s wonderful hear you've enjoyed our hotel and we appreciate your continued loyalty as a Starwood Platinum member. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thank you again and have a great day!
Michigan
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This as good as a hotel can get. Great complimentary Craft Beer, Wine and Appetizer Happy Hour in the evening, top notch breakfast with amazing wraps and great white cranberry juice, large rooms with incredible beds, and very nice, friendly service.

Couple Drawbacks is the $8.00 Parking fee, and the furniture in the room appears a bit worn for such a newer hotel.

If most hotels were half as good as this one, they would be excellent. This is beyond excellent.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Casper
Reviewed 6 April 2014

When you have to have your room key plugged into the wall to run the power, you know you have a Euro type hotel. Very nice staff and modern, comfy rooms that are somewhat sterile feeling but very clean and nice. I would stay here again if I am in Omaha.

Room Tip: Top floor!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
FREMONT
Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I spent a night here after a wedding in Omaha. The bride had booked a block of rooms for her wedding guests, and we decided at the last minute to spend the night. I was impressed with the hotel upon first sight...very modern, trendy public areas, etc. We got up to our room, and I was pleasantly surprised by the kitchenette, and the layout of the room. It was very nice, and I liked the way the room was laid out, with the desk acting as a separator between the sleeping area and the kitchenette...it made it feel more like a suite. I also liked the shower...there was no tub in our room, rather, a large, glass enclosed stand up shower. The beds are probably the greatest thing about this place...I think this was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. We had the free breakfast the next morning, and although it was nice, I'm more the kind that likes the traditional continental breakfast. The breakfast here was definitely planned with the more trendy, health conscious person in mind. I will admit, I was a bit disappointed in the condition of the public areas. Although the lobby area looked very nice, the hallways seemed to show some wear and tear, and simple things, like lampshades that were crooked, worn, and stained, could easily have been taken care of, but weren't. In a lower priced hotel, I would have expected that, but at the price for this room, I would expect better things. All in all, we had a pleasant stay, and the cost of the room was discounted for us due to the wedding...but the next time, I think I'd look elsewhere for the price they ask for a room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you want accommodation, excellent service and everything you ever wanted book this hotel for your next stay! The staff was very friendly and the food was delicious! Thanks for a great time and the "green, natural" experience. A+

• Stayed March 2014
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, 5 April 2014
We appreciate your positive feedback, thank you for sharing. It is wonderful to hear that our friendly associates and amenities were able to make your stay very memorable. Our commit to quality service and Eco-friendly practices create a modern environment and we are happy to learn it exceeded your expectations. We can’t wait to invite you back for another great stay. Thanks again!
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Stayed here quite a few times in the past. The staff is always very personable and make you feel welcome. The rooms are very large with comfortable beds and a kitchen area. Love the shower. The free breakfast is wonderful. So many choices, healthy choices at that! It's nice to have the option of having warm food instead of the typical.
I have to comment though, I don't know what the sound was but all night long it sounded like a door was being slammed outside of my room on the 5th floor. I know it wasn't any other guests though because it was a consistent bang about every 4 minutes all night long. Made it very difficult to sleep. It wouldn't prevent me from staying again because I've never heard it any of my other stays.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo