“Elements of a very good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Element Omaha Midtown Crossing

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Element Omaha Midtown Crossing
Ranked #19 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersGold level
Boston, Massachusetts
“Elements of a very good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Stayed for 2 nights to attend a meeting at UNMC which is an approximately 20 minutes walk from the hotel. The hotel looks very fresh and inviting - the staff were professional and welcoming of their customers.The room's design is rather interesting - it comes with a well-stocked kitchenette and comfortable sitting area. The TV is mounted in the middle of the room but is placed on a swivel to allow viewing from any location in the room. It is also designed to accommodate business travelers - a good working desk with multiple sockets and free wifi. The bathroom comes with a walk-in rain shower that could benefit with a little more water pressure. I would rank this room higher if the quality of the furnishings were better - there are already clear signs of wear and tear on the laminates (poor quality) used throughout the room. Breakfast (free) was surprisingly generous and very good - thank you. The hotel does not have a restaurant but there are several withing walking distance that offers a variety of foods - ate at the Crave (good) and Grey Plume (excellent) that are 5 minutes away. Gymnasium is very clean, well stocked with the requisite equipment and is size-appropriate for the hotel - suggest they consider adding functionality to the screens on the equipment (e.g. TV channels). Hotel is eco-friendly and is LEED accredited - much appreciated. In summary, this hotel has all the "elements" of a great hotel - I would recommend particularly if you are visiting UNMC.

Green Features: The hotel has silver level LEED accreditation. Rooms power are controlled by entry cards and the hotel provides bicycles and helmets for getting around the neighborhood.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Littleton, Colorado, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We took 2 rooms while visiting my son for his High School graduation. We like this location and the beds are so comfortable and the breakfast is great. My brothers room was not the best. His glassware was all dirty and coffee stained and the couch and pull out bed were obviously stained. my room was fine. The pantry in the lobby became very useful and the staff was very friendly. Too bad the attention to detail was not there. My brother is an inn owner and was not impressed. The sinks do not drain very well, this is the 4th time I have stayed here. More good than bad.

Room Tip: The 1 room suites are nice when you have a child.
Green Features: Very green friendly hotel. They have recycling in room and water efficient bathrooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bridgewater, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I never stayed at an Element property before. It had a better rating than the local Sheraton. I was impressed with the Staff and Amenities. There is parking on site and several excellent restaurants within walking distance. Try The Gray Plumme!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Michael M
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Element is my favorite place to stay In Omaha. You will be greeted with a friendly smile, a good old fashioned Nebraska welcome in an ecologically friendly LEED (Leaders in Environmental and Energy Design) CERTIFIED FACILITY.
The central location of the Element as well as the amenities, friendly staff, delicious breakfast, convenient grocery store, athletic center, nearby parks, bikes available for touring make it a perfect spot. A week day stay will give you a chance to meet other guests in the hotel at the Happy Hour in the lounge.
The hotel management is friendly, helpful, and willing to accommodate your needs.
There are a number of shops, tasty restaurants, and places of interest within walking or biking distance of the Element. The hair and nail salons close-by are some of the best the city has to offer. You can make reservations at the Midtown movie theater and see some of the latest shows in great comfort.
In the summer, the adjacent park offers a concert series where you can meet native Nebraskans and enjoy local talent. Bring a blanket or towel to enjoy the moment. Also in the summer, meander down to the Old Market and enjoy the cobblestone roads and quaint streets. The Farmer's Market has the best produce from the area as well as artisans and street performers.
If you rent a car and park it in the garage, you will be amazed by the convenience of the parking facility and its reasonable cost. Go Early on Saturday to get the best corn in the world or the most beautiful bouquet of flowers.

Green Features: LEED CERTIFICATION says it all. They do well and have achieve notoriety in this area.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cate S
Southeast, US
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed at four different hotels in four different states this week. One was okay. Two failed miserably. And one -- the last one -- renewed my faith that there are still decent places to stay. I must say I was surprised. This was my first time staying at a Westin brand hotel. I have a loyalty but was majorly let down twice in a row and didn't want to chance it again (even as an HH member.). Decided to try something new.

Wow! From the moment we drove up. Clean area with 15-min check-in parking in front of the hotel, nice clean parking garage ($8 on your room tab), greeted warmly by the professionally non-gum-chewing front desk clerk who proceeded to explain all the green features of the hotel. Area around the hotel is all shops and restaurants in walking distance. Mutual of Omaha building right behind. UNMC right up the street (what we came for).

Cool features: very nice rain-head spa shower with lower spray feature, clean fresh rooms with less allergenic materials and toxins -- great for asthmatics (having just come from a place that told me they spray the room and comforters down with febreeze as a matter of cleaning protocol, this was much appreciated by my lungs), less carpeting, more circulation in the room, nice big picture window for natural light, full sized fridge, stove top, stools and eating area, desk with jacks that plug devices into the tv -- which swivels to all points so you can watch from the couch or beds. And the beds! So awesome. I was formerly a devotee to Hilton's beds and thus would stay nowhere else. These beds were so soft and all white so you can verify cleanliness. Housekeeping did a fantastic job too. Not a crumb, hair or bad smell anywhere. Anywhere.

Extras: neat square sink in bathroom, smoothie "shots", fresh fruit, and non-dairy options at breakfast, bikes to borrow..wha? Yeah. Bikes. To. Borrow. Nice little food shop at front desk with wine and other little food items, also fancy grocery store located on the 3rd floor of the parking garage for more extensive grocery shopping, lounge reception with free beverages in the evening, shuttle for locations nearby (with a very friendly driver as well), beautiful view out of the 5th floor corner window (queen bed studio), very reasonable rates (same as mid-grade chains I've stayed at that are nowhere near the level of luxury I felt at this hotel), the best smelling bath products...smelled like green tea or candy ..or green tea candy.

I also cannot believe how quiet this place was. I felt like I was at home when I went in the room and closed the door. I don't believe we heard another human the whole time we were there. Great insulation in the walls.

My only...only complaint was that the plumbing is a little noisy in the a.m. When everyone is getting up and it is heard running above and around. Not sure if this is just a design thing (which no doubt helps with the insulation and soundproofing.). That's all I can come up with for negatives.

I will certainly be back if we are back in Omaha in the future. After two very bad stays at other places, this hotel experience made my week!

Room Tip: Corner studios high up
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cornflkgrl
san francisco
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

We had our flight cancel and ended up laying over in Omaha on a random sunday night. We usually stay at starwood properties so online we came across the Element and had a great price. We arrived late around 11pm and the lady at the front desk was very welcoming. She even upgraded us to a one bedroom corner suite. The room was absolutely wonderful. Modern, minimalist and very comfy. Overall we were thrilled with the room. The next morning we went down for the free breakfast which was more than sufficient. Afterwards we took the free shuttle back to the airport. Our first time at an Element hotel and it left a great impression. We booked the element for when we are in Miami next week. Only one thing I would advice people to be aware of and that is the hotel shuttle does not do airport pickups after 10pm.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ericsf
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

With so many dissapointing SPG experiences, this hotel came as unexpected surprise. It also was my first Element experience, everything was just awesome. Friendly front desk, terrific cool rooms, decent breakfast; If I were to come back to Omaha, I'll definitely stay at the Element!

Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DIOGENES L
Andrea N, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us and welcome to Element. We are very pleased to learn that our modern style and Eco-friendly practices fit your needs well. Our team is dedicated to providing the very best in customer service and anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable we are happy to. We look forward to having you as our guest again in the future, take care.