“Fun, cozy & hip! ” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
IOWA
“Fun, cozy & hip! ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel has it all! Great location, attached gourmet grocery store on site, fun "IKEA" like rooms & a COMFY BED!! they even have bicycles (& helmets) you can use to ride around downtown! We ordered CRAVE for dinner (go online to see there full menu because the menu in the room is limited) as they deliver, yum! My small children want to live here they told me :) Only complaint from my kids is no pool. This hotel had a "coolness factor"!! Can't wait to come back

Stayed July 2014
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear ARATARA28,

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your recent stay. We are thrilled that you are going to come back and visit us - we can't wait! Thank you for your great review. Take care.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Champaign, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

We have stayed at this Element a few times. We always appreciate the quiet and spacious clean rooms, central location, friendly and helpful hotel staff. We have just two complaints, and they have always been the same.

1) The Internet speeds in the rooms are painstakingly slow. If you expect to watch video on your device, forget it. It is constant buffering.

2) The carts they have to take your stuff to the room have three problems ....they are way too small (for us we must use two of them to avoid two trips) .... they do not have any way to hang anything up (garment bags and other bags have to be stacked on top of other bags ... they only have TWO carts for the entire hotel!

Yes, just TWOP carts. This last trip we went down to get a cart to bring our stuff down to the car, and as is typically the case, there were none available. The desk person said he would call us when they were available. An hour later no call and no carts still available. So, to avoid having my wife carry stuff, I made FOUR trips back and forth to the lobby to get all of our stuff down.

This hotel definitely needs faster Internet, bigger carts and more carts!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

This is a very hip hotel in one of Omaha's hipper neighborhoods. It was so environmentally friendly I could feel my carbon footprint dropping. The hotel has some of the most urban vibes in Omaha. It is also dirt cheap. I'm pretty sure this is on Hotwire. I wish I knew before I went but even without that knowledge, I still paid a lot less than I thought I would. The rooms aren't extremely exciting but they definitely do the job. Our room had a very nice kitchenette. We picked some food up from Whole Foods and the grocery store attached to the hotel for a late night snack. Nice shower as well. Overall, a great hotel to stay at in Omaha.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Matthew B
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

We come to Omaha at least once a year for a family vacation and have tried several hotels. This is by far our favorite. I love the modern decor and eco-friendly products. The fully equipped kitchen in each room was so nice, especially when we decided to dine in our room one night. The kids thought that was fun. The grocery store next door had a good selection of food/drinks at reasonable prices. The front desk staff and housekeepers were very helpful if we had any requests. The only thing it's lacking is a pool.

We loved the breakfast selection of sandwiches, breads, fruit, pastries, etc. On Sunday morning, the staff had a hard time keeping up with food demand. They also took quite a while to clean up tables and dishes as people left the dining room. My suggestion is to provide a station for guests to leave their dirty dishes. Most guests were willing to bus their own tables, but didn't know where to put their stuff. I consider that a minor issue though.

We'll be staying here again, hopefully for many years to come. I'd recommend this location to families and business travelers alike. It's a short drive to almost anywhere. We went to the zoo, Children's museum, etc.

Room Tip: We stayed on the side facing Dodge, and there was some traffic noise. So if that bothers you, ask th...
Green Features: I appreciate all of the eco-friendly materials and offerings like the recycle bin in our room. We could have actually used a bigger recycling and garbage can though as ours was overflowing each day. The soaps and shampoos in the bathroom dispensers were a good quality and smelled amazing.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Stayed at the Element Hotel in Omaha last year while in town for a Huskers football game. Very clean, helpful staff, great rooms with a kicthenette and nice work desk. Great location at Midtown Crossing (close to restaurants and theater, etc.). Will be staying there again this coming football season for another game. Cheaper than the Omaha Hilton but as good in my opinion. Better in some ways.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank George A
Central City, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Front desk clerks are very friendly, even with being busy with multiple check-ins at the same time. Rooms were very neat and clean; continental breakfast was constantly being 'refreshed' as many people were staying at the hotel this weekend. Ample parking and beautiful surroundings. A little far to walk to the TD Ameritrade park, though.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kylie O, Starwood Hotels & Resorts at Element Omaha Midtown Crossing, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear ssanchez2723,

Thank you for your great review. We are thrilled to hear that you had a pleasant experience with our staff and enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will visit us again soon! Take care.
Broomfield, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Had a wonderful stay at the Element Omaha during our recent visit for my son's baseball tournament and the CWS. Great staff and the rooms are very nice, the beds are something you don't want to get out of. Front desk made sure I had everything I needed and called me to see if I needed anything after I got into my room. Wonderful social hour with top notch beers, wine, and tasty appetizers ncluded in your room rate Monday through Thursday. Rooms include a full kitchen with supplies and there is a neat grocery store (Wohlners) right in the building with gourmet foods, great deli, and nice beer and wine selections. Highly recommend the Element to anyone looking for a superior place to stay in Omaha without breaking your bank!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family