“Good Service, Average Food”
Review of Jimi D's

Jimi D's
Ranked #122 of 1,372 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Italian
Description: (402) 391-2011
Description: (402) 391-2011
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Stopped in for lunch around 1:00 PM on a weekday. The place was still busy from lunch as it is very close to the growing, busy Aksarben Village area. Service was prompt and friendly. I had a Philly steak with banana peppers, a fairly interesting sandwich. It came with a very substantial salad. The sandwich and meat were on the very dry side, and really needed the au jus. My wife had a chicken salad. It was pretty good. My primary reservation about going back is that our two simple lunch selections and 2 ice tea's came to $30 before tip. Ouch.

3  Thank RichFromOmaha

Reviewed 10 April 2014

Stopped in on a Friday night for dinner - house was packed - waited about 25 minutes - food was good - we had Chicken Parmesean, Rueben - house burger - all excellent with a few cold brews - ran about $ 20 /person with tip

4  Thank Grover74
Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a return visit and the shrimp diavlo was better that last visit but still not as good as it used to be. Still lacking in pepper heat, garlic, olive oil, and wine and too heavy in tomato sauce and paste. The Midway sandwich was very good but could have used a little more filling.

If I did not have the prior visits to relate to I might not be so harsh on the shrimp. I hate to see quality slip in a semi hidden gem.

3  Thank kardmania
Reviewed 17 January 2014

This visit was a major disappointment.

The Shrimp Fra Diavolo has been excellent the prior 3 times we have ordered it so we were really looking forward to dining at Jimi D's. This time the diavolo was missing and replaced with chef Boyardee. The sauce that has always been excellent was bland. The shrimps were also visibly smaller.

I am not sure if they changed chefs. This establishment has been rock solid. The ranch salad dressing was good. The place has always been very full and was not so full last night makes me wonder.

Our expectations were high based on our past excellent experience. The food was not so bad that that it should be thrown out but it reminded me more of the food served at an institutional cafeteria. I hope that this was a hiccup rather than the new norm. What happened to the old Shrimp Fra Diavolo at Jimi D's?

3  Thank kardmania
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Sat at the bar. Service quick. Beer cold. Nice TV's right there, right there. Interested place. Decor hanging from the ceiling, video games shuffle board type table game. Looks like a really nice dining room. Owner cruised around pouring drinks, chatting with clients.
My MIdway sandwich and sweet potato fries were really really good as others reviews have said. Overall a reasonably priced, good experience

1  Thank CrazyinCA

Been to Jimi D's? Share your experiences!