“Nice place, good happy-hour, high priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Twisted Cork

Twisted Cork
Ranked #78 of 1,338 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lincoln, NE
“Nice place, good happy-hour, high priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

Went for dinner based on reviews from here. The place itself was nice, although a little loud for my liking. Happy hour was going on and we had some very tasty red wine for $5 and some really good salmon tacos. My daughter got the burger which she declared yummy. It came with slaw and chips for $13. I opted for the Honolulu Cobb Salad. It was mostly greens with a too-tangy and mostly tasteless vinaigrette. It had 4 pieces of shrimp and a couple pieces of bacon. The other ingredients were also sparse considering the amount of lettuce there was. It was $19 - way over priced for what it was. I would like to try the chicken, but $21 is ridiculous. This is no Grey Plume, after all and good burgers are a dime a dozen, so I will probably not return.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Roberta33

“Cute, good, not worth the price tag.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

My husband had been here for lunch and had enjoyed it, so I was really looking forward to our dinner. Yeah, ok....Food was good, not fabulous and the menu was limited. We did have the cheese appetizer, which was great. Husband had tuna entree, I had scallops-both very good. Now the bad news: waitress more suited to Denny's or IHOP-I had to request new wine glasses after she stuck her thumbs on the rim of the first ones she wanted to use-YUK! The place had a good-not great or creative-wine list, and again, waitress was clueless. It would be a nice, but pricey, spot for a first date, but if you're not getting separate checks, be warned it's expensive for what's offered. Tables kinda small and not very intimate-not what you'd expect for the price. We'll go back, it was ok, but I won't put on lipstick.

Manhattan, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice place, great wine, bleh food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

We had really high expectations. This place had great reviews on yelp so we thought we would try it. The wine list was great, decor was amazing. Place is a little cluttered seating wise but we could look past that.

Portions size for appetizers for price was extremely small - but again we looked passed it for out main meals.

Thoroughly disappointed. The "famous" burger they have is pretty ordinary, my girlfriends steak was not very good either.

We won't be going back. Maybe for a wine, but that's it.

• Visited September 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

This is the best restaurant in Omaha. Each dish is cooked to perfection. Great wine list. The owner and his staff are more than helpful. If you do not try this- you are missing out!!!

• Visited August 2013
dallas
“Excellant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013 via mobile

Great service, great food. We had the chicken fried bacon. Awesome! We were being daring but it was really good. Also had the patti melt. Great! We also set outside it was wonderful.so different from tx. Lol

• Visited August 2013