“Nothing bad to say.”

Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge
Ranked #34 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 11 August 2011

I love the newer Staybridge hotels like this one. Very nice. Very clean. Very quiet. I bought a salad and pizza down the street at HyVee, and took it back to my room for dinner. It was all the comforts of home. Staff was very nice. Obviously still settling in to things being new for them, but no complaints at all. I am staying here again in a couple weeks, and as long as the rates stay good, I will stay here every time I am in Omaha.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 August 2011

My wife and I decided to have a quick getaway, but stay in town. We had heard the hotel had recently opened and wanted to try it. We were very pleased with our stay. The studio suite was well laid out and quite comfortable. The bed was just right (to quote Goldlilocks). The hotel staff was pleasant and very professional. The breakfast buffet was delicious and had quite a few options. They even offered soda for non-coffee and milk drinkers.The hotel is cenrtrally located on Dodge Street; easy to access. It was near nice local restaurants, so our dining choices were good. I recommend this hotel for citry visitors or even for a local getaway.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The staff was helpful and friendly, but the real star of the hotel is the beds. I had two suites, one for my daughter and my granddaughter and one for myself. She had two queen beds and I had a king. The suite sizes are about equal and all the beds are dreamy. It was the best hotel bed I have experienced. I have stayed at higher priced hotels in down town Omaha, but the rooms were bigger and the beds out classed these hotels.
During the week there is a manager’s simple dinner, and breakfast everyday. The breakfast was very good compared to other hotels. The breakfast staff was very helpful to me and my granddaughter. I didn’t have to juggle two dishes and drinks, the staff stepped up right away and assisted me with the task of feeding both of us at the same time.

Room Tip: They are all suites, so just pick your bed size and cost.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We booked this room for a 4 night family vacation with myself, husband, and our one and a half year old. I'll start with the pros then work towards the cons.
Pros:
New hotel with up to date rooms/decor
Centrally located - lots of restaurant choices and in between two shopping malls, easy access to Dodge St and I-80
Breakfast - good choices, great coffee, hot options
Room amenities were great - full size fridge, stovetop, dishwasher, microwave, basic dishes/cookware,DVD player

Cons:
Crib/Front Desk Fiasco: Asked for a crib when I made a reservation, called two days before first night stay to confirm that there would be a crib in the room, I was told yes, there will be a crib. We did not bring our pack and play for our son expecting there would be a crib. Got to room, no crib, called to check on crib, were told we would get a call back. Went out to eat, returned to no crib or message about a crib. Spoke to front desk worker, was told that there were no cribs available and she would ask housekeeping in the morning. I explained my confirmation I had recieved about the crib, and she said they aren't supposed to confirm things like that, and she would have somebody check it out in the morning. I asked her where she thinks my son should sleep for the night, and she shrugged and said she would check in the morning. I called corporate, spoke to a great representative, and 10 minutes later a crib that had "not been put together yet" appeared at our room.
Housekeeping:
After 1st Night - Never came, I took our garbage and dirty towels to the front desk and requested new - they were "very busy" (we counted 10 cars in the parking lot)
After 2nd Night - Knocked on our door at 9:00am while we were getting ready, in fear of not having housekeeping come back, we exchanged towels and garabage at the door
After 3rd Night - Housekeeping came while we were out, took garbage and bathroom towels - never made the bed, exchanged any kitchen towels, or wiped down the counters
Other: There was dust everywhere! Our son sneezed constantly because of it.The potholders in the room had food from previous guests crusted on them, the toilet paper holders fell out of the wall, there was junk in the drawers and junk shoved in the couch/pullout bet from previous guests. I told the front desk manager about this when I left and he told me the dust was to be "expected because of construction" (which finished in June 2011) and shrugged at the rest.
Staff: With the exception of the woman who oversaw breakfast and the man who oversaw the manager's reception when we were there, most were uncaring, rude, and stressed out, the other two were inviting and polite.
Bottom line is that this hotel needs to pull their act together, quickly, or else this hotel will become a pithole. I've stayed at other Staybridge Suites, all with excellent experiences, this one did not live up what we expect for the price we paid.

2  Thank TheHaases
SBSOmaha, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2011

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to host your family and thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please accept my sincere apologies regarding the Crib situation. We clearly should have had this in your room prior to arrival, and I apologize for this mistake. To say the least, you were inconvenienced, and we are sorry. As you noted, we are a brand new facility. With this said, I am the type of Manager that will not make excuses. The additional feedback you provided us will be shared with my team in order to prevent these same mistakes from happening in the future. I cannot thank you enough for sharing your comments. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to be of service in the future. This would allow us the chance to redeem ourselves, and prove to you what gracious hosts we truly can be. Thank you again. Best Regards.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

Our softball team had a National Tournament in Omaha on July 20th to July 24th 2011 We stayed at the New StayBridge Suites in Omaha and I have to tell you. What a wonderful staff & team of workers at that Hotel, from the Manager, all the way down the line and especially two young men that helped in the kitchen & dining area. They were friendly, helpful and extremely accommodating for such a large group. They NEVER made us feel like we were bothering them, & we were at times, demanding. I highly recommend this Hotel and will stay again anytime I go to Omaha. It's very family oriented.
The rooms were beautiful, clean, and I loved having a kitchen. That made our stay even better. Thank You to all the staff for a wonderful, pleasant stay.
Sincerely Josephine Dolly. PO Box 722, Hartford SD 57033

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for your wonderful review! We will pass along your positive comments to our team and especially the two employees you are refering to. With us being brand new, your feedback is even more special. Thank you again! Best Regards.

Reviewed 29 July 2011

I was in Omaha on business for three days and this hotel served as a great central location for my activities on both the west and east sides of town. My studio suite was spacious and with a kitchen that included a full size fridge, microwave, two burner stove and dishwasher, it rivaled some home studio apartments I've been in. It came also with all the necessary pots, pans, utensils and flatware, so with a trip to the grocery store that was just down the street, I could easily dine in if I chose too. With plenty of restaurants within walking distance, dining out was also an option. Breakfast was served each morning in the reception area. I thought it was comparable to a HI Express breakfast (minus the cinnamon rolls). I didn't partake, but a light dinner was also served Tue-Thu evenings. I didn't bring a laptop, but I always found at least one of the two PCs in the business center available to meet my computing needs. Housekeeping was great, except it looked like the carpet in my room hadn't been vacuumed in a while. The only other negatives I experienced during my stay was a quirky television that would often take several seconds to change channels and a staff that was not rude, but not the friendliest I have encountered in my travels.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

You are the first business traveler to give us a review. Thanks! We apologize for the "slowness" of the TV's turning channels. As you most likely know, we literally just opened on June 1st, 2011. With our TV's being brand new, we contacted the TV manufacturer and they assured us that as the TV"s get more use, the speed of channel turning will Increase. In short, they explained that this is tied to the "energy savings" module in the sets. (Hopefully this at least explains what happened.) Thanks for your comments and feedback. We hope to see you next time you visit Omaha. Best Regards.

Reviewed 27 July 2011

We stayed July 20th through July 24th for a National Softball Tournament. Very Clean! Our room was a one bedroom King Bed suite. The bed was clean and comfortable, the rooms are spacious, the kitchen had a dishwasher, two burner cook top, Microwave, and Full size Fridge, and Breakfast counter. The Hotel Staff are Amazing! They are friendly, accomodating, understanding and responsive. You need something, you ask, and they deliver promptly. FREE: Breakfast daily, Dinner if you are there Tues - Thursday, Grill for cooking your own meals, Indoor Pool, Laundry facilities, Movie Theater. You can either borrow a movie from the Hotel's selection or watch one of your own in large comfortable recliners. The Lobby area is a little small but you can watch TV on any one of 4 Flatscreens that are available. Will absolutely stay here again!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family

Thank you for choosing us, and thanks for taking the time to send in a review. We are so pleased that you found everything to be nice here. We just opened, and are still working through some of the fine details. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again next year! Or sometime in between! Best Regards.