“Large Family, great suite” 5 of 5 bubbles

Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge
Ranked #33 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
GreenLeadersSilver level
Primghar, Iowa
“Large Family, great suite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here for one night this weekend to visit a family member in the hospital. It is about a 15 minute drive from UNMC. There were 6 adults. We had the two bedroom suite. 1 room had a king bed, the other 2 queens. 2 bathrooms. Full kitchen, small living and dining room area. The hotel is neat and clean. A little hard to get to, you can see it from Dodge, but have to turn ahead of it and it faces a side street. We used the pool, nice, but there is no hot tub.
We all enjoyed the breakfast in the am. Plenty of selection, and we even ate outdoors.
Great value acutally. We booked online for the weekend price of $163.00. They offered a discount for the hospital at $169. The room price is usually about $249.00. But when you consider 6 adults and a great breakfast, all a good value.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Thank you for the fantastic review of the Staybridge Suites Omaha, NE. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with your family and that the breakfast was up to your standards! I'm certain other travelers will enjoy reading your review and find the value in our hotel and the amenities that we offer. We look forward to seeing you at our hotel again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Malvern, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

Our stay was great overall. We stayed in the 1 BR suite, which was perfect for a family with young kids because they could go to bed while my husband and I stayed up in the living room area. Really nice kitchen and great breakfast. Our one complaint was that the pool was too cold to enjoy. I don't think they heat it during the day, so when we went in at 6:00 p.m. it was frigid. My two-year-old just shivered the whole time. It was disappointing for our kids to miss out on swimming. Apart from that, it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jules072374
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Thank you for providing the honest feedback of your recent stay with us at the Staybridge Suites Omaha. We are glad you enjoyed your time and the many amenities our hotel offers. I will address the cold pool issue with our maintenance department and see what we can do to increase the temperature of the water as well as the actual pool room. I can assure you that any opportunity to improve our overall satisfaction will be done!

Thank you again!

Ogallala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very pleasant check in. Unfortunately the evening reception was ending up with about 10 minutes to go so they were pulling everything off. I guess you snooze you lose, the only little disappointment. I did notice the front desk clerk had her plate heading back to her area as I walked up. A few chips and I scrapped the side of the cheese pan to eat them with. Breakfast was very good, typical selections that this brand usually is consistent with. Overall, good stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Barry J
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Barry,

Thank you for the review of our Staybridge Suites in Omaha, NE! I am glad you had a pleasant check-in and that our hotel was clean and comfortable during your stay. Also, thank you for mentioning the food & beverage shortcomings during your time with us. We will certainly use this review to improve our operation and ensure all guests get to fully enjoy the many amenities we offer. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next trip to Omaha!

Regards,

Emerson, Iowa
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

At first we thought everything was great and then we decided to stay an extra night, found bugs in our room that had been biting myself and two of my children so they moved us to a different room...told us they was going to lower our rate to 50$ for the last night which we was fine with. Checked out an hour before check out time. I kept checking our bank account to see when the transaction went thru that we approved for 59$ and when the transaction finally went thru it was for 100$ more than we approved. Called to ask why and they said it was for cleaning fees because there was nail polish on the carpet I said excuse me but nobody in my family had finger nail polish in that room. Spoke with the General Manager Greg and he said he can't argue that but it showed up while we had our stay there how could that possibly be when NOBODY IN MY FAMILY HAD NAIL POLISH,....I will be contacting my bank and showing them the receipt where I approved the 59$ transaction I will not pay the extra 100$ for something my family did not do.....VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Ashley F
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Ashley,

Thank you for providing us with feedback and we appreciate your recent stay with us at our Staybridge Suites in Omaha, NE. As our hotel was newly opened in June of 2011, we have strived to maintain our property to the best we can, ensuring all guests get a rewarding experience in a brand new hotel. Unfortunately, as a result of finding damage in your suite upon departure, we had to use additional resources to prepare the room to our strict standards for our next guest. We understand your position but we must maintain our steadfast commitment to ensuring all guests get a quality room, free of any imperfections.

Livermore, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 February 2014

Wonderful place to stay! Everything about our stay was perfect. Clean, comfortable, awesome pool, great for kids, friendly staff. They were even nice enough to make breakfast potatoes just for my family because we do not eat eggs. For the price range this is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
What a great review! Thank you so much for your kind words regarding our Staybridge Suites in Omaha! I'm certain other travelers will enjoy reading your review and find the value in our hotel and the amenities that we offer. I'm glad our staff was able to accommodate your food and beverage preferences - we strive to go above and beyond for our guests! Thank you again and we hope to see you in the future!

Take care,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

I want to start by saying that anytime I am in the Omaha area Staybridge will be where I stay. We are here on an extended stay due to an ill child. Staybridge is conveniently close to the Children's Hospital where my child is receiving treatment which is a huge benefit. The staff we have dealt with is incredibly friendly and housekeeping does a wonderful job. The only SMALL complaint I have is my card was overcharged and had to jump through some hoops with my bank to be refunded. But that is literally my only complaint and it was very easy to resolve the issue. I am very very pleased with this place and anytime I come back to the area this will be where I stay!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kcmlha
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
We appreciate the kind review and thank you for taking the time to provide us with excellent feedback! I will be sharing this review with our staff as a compliment to their customer service and will use this as a training item for our front desk. If you could provide me with any additional details regarding your reservation I would certainly appreciate it! I can be reached at 402-933-8901 or at gcoleman@mkhospitality.net. We are looking forward to your next trip to Omaha!

Regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I have to start my review by noting Staybridge is my go to brand when traveling with my family because it allows pets. To date every hotel has always been extremely clean and quiet that you can never tell pets are guests too! Awesomely this hotel lived up to my expectation of excellence!

My family and I were stayed at the hotel as we moved from Colorado to Wisconsin. Our initial plan was to only stay one night however "Winter Storm Hercules" detoured us an additional night which we didn't mind because the facility was outstanding. It truly caters to long term stays as well as transitioning families who pull in with a 20' U-Haul + auto transport, an additional car, a 11 year old and a very curious female Boxer.

Unlike anything I've ever experienced at other Staybridges in addition to standard complementary breakfast with this chain, this particular hotel offered courtesy meals every night. Nothing super fancy but definitely an awesome courtesy for a 3 star hotel!

My only issue was my card was charged 4 times. Once on the initial night again after I requested to extend another night (I was charged again for the previous night AND for night 2). I addressed it with the front desk and the "hold" was lifted but when I checked out the next day (after 2nd night stay) my card was charged again making a total of 4 pending charges. Fortunately my bank is very accommodating and they resolved the balance after speaking to the hotel manager so no real loss there. Just momentary stress when you see $500+ in hotel charges for 2 night stay.

In closing still a great facility and I strongly recommend it!

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank TxDiva719
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Thank you for providing us with excellent feedback and the strong recommendation! I am glad that Staybridge is your "go-to" hotel when traveling, we also feel very strongly about our brand's amenities and service that we offer across the world. I apologize for the credit card authorization issue you experienced during your stay here and is not a common issue. I will certainly use this review to better our staff's check-in procedures to ensure this will not happen to other guests. Thank you again for your recommendation and we hope to see you again!

Take care,