Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Omaha Marriott(Omaha)
View Hotel
All reviewschildren's hospitalfree evening mealguest appreciationextended stayplace to staypack and playour home away from homeroll in showerother guestsoatmealroom suitebed was comfortablefree breakfastminute drivebreakfast was deliciousmile radiusthe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I made a reservation two months ago for a two bedroom suite for our family (me, wife, 2 kids). This is an extremely busy weekend in Omaha (high school graduations and other activities) and we knew rooms would be scarce, and hotels that offer 2 bedroom suites are hard to find. Received a call two days ago from someone at the hotel claiming "someone needed our room" and would we agree to taking 2 separate double rooms. I said no, explained we would have done that originally if that is what we wanted, and had her confirm my reservation had not changed. Thinking that was odd, I called the hotel a few hours later and spoke with a gentleman who said the call I received shouldn't have happened and again confirmed my reservation. Since then, no email suggesting any change, either. We showed up today, and I gave the desk person my name and she immediately said our room was given to someone else and they were putting us in two double rooms. She could offer no explanation for how this occurred, and said there was nothing she could do. We left. After a long search we got lucky and found rooms at another hotel, of course, more expensive, but given the bait and swithch treatment we received, no way were we going to pay money to Staybridge. Six hours later, no return call from the manager. Most bizarre and dishonest situation we have ever encountered at a hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank hawkeyes4
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

hawkeyes4,

Thank you for providing us with feedback! I want to apologize again for the reservation issue. As an extended stay hotel, we do have guests that stay with us for numerous reasons (cancer treatment, relocation, training, etc) and these guests sometimes need to extend their stay. I am currenly working with my front desk staff on a better way to get in contact with guests if issues like this arise. Please feel free to contact me at taylor.tucker@ldhg.com or call me at 402-933-8901 if you would like to discuss this further. Thank you again!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed here for one night this weekend to visit a family member in the hospital. It is about a 15 minute drive from UNMC. There were 6 adults. We had the two bedroom suite. 1 room had a king bed, the other 2 queens. 2 bathrooms. Full kitchen, small living and dining room area. The hotel is neat and clean. A little hard to get to, you can see it from Dodge, but have to turn ahead of it and it faces a side street. We used the pool, nice, but there is no hot tub.
We all enjoyed the breakfast in the am. Plenty of selection, and we even ate outdoors.
Great value acutally. We booked online for the weekend price of $163.00. They offered a discount for the hospital at $169. The room price is usually about $249.00. But when you consider 6 adults and a great breakfast, all a good value.
We would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Thank you for the fantastic review of the Staybridge Suites Omaha, NE. I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with your family and that the breakfast was up to your standards! I'm certain other travelers will enjoy reading your review and find the value in our hotel and the amenities that we offer. We look forward to seeing you at our hotel again!

Reviewed 7 March 2014

Our stay was great overall. We stayed in the 1 BR suite, which was perfect for a family with young kids because they could go to bed while my husband and I stayed up in the living room area. Really nice kitchen and great breakfast. Our one complaint was that the pool was too cold to enjoy. I don't think they heat it during the day, so when we went in at 6:00 p.m. it was frigid. My two-year-old just shivered the whole time. It was disappointing for our kids to miss out on swimming. Apart from that, it was a good place to stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank jules072374
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded 11 March 2014

Thank you for providing the honest feedback of your recent stay with us at the Staybridge Suites Omaha. We are glad you enjoyed your time and the many amenities our hotel offers. I will address the cold pool issue with our maintenance department and see what we can do to increase the temperature of the water as well as the actual pool room. I can assure you that any opportunity to improve our overall satisfaction will be done!

Thank you again!

Reviewed 24 February 2014

Very pleasant check in. Unfortunately the evening reception was ending up with about 10 minutes to go so they were pulling everything off. I guess you snooze you lose, the only little disappointment. I did notice the front desk clerk had her plate heading back to her area as I walked up. A few chips and I scrapped the side of the cheese pan to eat them with. Breakfast was very good, typical selections that this brand usually is consistent with. Overall, good stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Barry J
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

Barry,

Thank you for the review of our Staybridge Suites in Omaha, NE! I am glad you had a pleasant check-in and that our hotel was clean and comfortable during your stay. Also, thank you for mentioning the food & beverage shortcomings during your time with us. We will certainly use this review to improve our operation and ensure all guests get to fully enjoy the many amenities we offer. Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to your next trip to Omaha!

Regards,

Reviewed 17 February 2014

At first we thought everything was great and then we decided to stay an extra night, found bugs in our room that had been biting myself and two of my children so they moved us to a different room...told us they was going to lower our rate to 50$ for the last night which we was fine with. Checked out an hour before check out time. I kept checking our bank account to see when the transaction went thru that we approved for 59$ and when the transaction finally went thru it was for 100$ more than we approved. Called to ask why and they said it was for cleaning fees because there was nail polish on the carpet I said excuse me but nobody in my family had finger nail polish in that room. Spoke with the General Manager Greg and he said he can't argue that but it showed up while we had our stay there how could that possibly be when NOBODY IN MY FAMILY HAD NAIL POLISH,....I will be contacting my bank and showing them the receipt where I approved the 59$ transaction I will not pay the extra 100$ for something my family did not do.....VERY VERY DISAPPOINTED WITH THIS

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Ashley F
Greg C, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Ashley,

Thank you for providing us with feedback and we appreciate your recent stay with us at our Staybridge Suites in Omaha, NE. As our hotel was newly opened in June of 2011, we have strived to maintain our property to the best we can, ensuring all guests get a rewarding experience in a brand new hotel. Unfortunately, as a result of finding damage in your suite upon departure, we had to use additional resources to prepare the room to our strict standards for our next guest. We understand your position but we must maintain our steadfast commitment to ensuring all guests get a quality room, free of any imperfections.