“Very nice stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Olathe, Kansas
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Very nice building, good customer service, nice sized pool (though VERY small shallow end for little ones), meh breakfast. It was partially our fault for sleeping in a bit and waiting until 9:30 to go down to breakfast (on a Sunday), but all of the hot food was gone by the time we made it down. Even if we had been able to get hot food, there was nowhere for our family to sit. I only saw a couple tables to sit at. All of the rest of the chairs in the area were filled and people were eating with plates on laps, etc. Not sure how such a large hotel that offers a complimentary breakfast has such minimal seating. Despite that, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, 18 September 2014
Thank you for providing feedback of your stay at the Staybridge Suites, Omaha. Please accept my most sincere apology about the issues you encountered with breakfast and the sitting area. We are currently working on upgrading our seating area to accommodate all guests! Thank you again for choosing the Staybridge Suites, Omaha and we hope to see you again!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Nebraska
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our family made reservation for a 2 bedroom, 2 bath suite with 1 King and 2 Queens for our family of 6 weeks prior to our arrival only to be called in the afternoon of the day of arrival to be told that our reservation for that room was cancelled. When we arrived at the hotel we were told that the people in our room extended their stay and the room we had reserved was not available. We are frequent travelers and have never had this happen before...if someone has a reservation then the room should be available for those that planned in advance and made the reservation. They put our family in different rooms, we were close together on the same floor at a reduced rate, but my family was now in different rooms, had lost the King bed and now did not have a living room separate from a bedroom to socialize. Even with the staff trying to work things out for us, I still find this practice of not honoring reservations (and from a prior review, we're not the first) unacceptable.
For the hotel itself, we were on the 3rd floor and could hear every footstep and movement those above us made. This facility does have an indoor pool that was jam packed with kids during our stay and there was no hot tub which was a disappointment. Breakfast was your basic mid-range hotel fare and the seating area is VERY limited. We'll never stay again - it's not worth the risk of having your reservation cancelled at the last minute. I guess we're lucky they had rooms available, but I question what would happen during the CWS or other event when rooms are full.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank mom2twins0829
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for the feedback of your recent stay.Please accept my most sincere apology about your reservation. I am currently working with my front desk staff and reservations team to make sure this does not happen in the future. As an extended stay hotel, we do have guests that stay with us for numerous reasons (cancer treatment, relocation, training, etc.) and these guests may need to extend their stay. I hope that you will give us another opportunity to redeem ourselves. Please feel free to contact me directly at taylor.tucker@ldhg.com or at 402-933-8901. Thank you again for the review and I hope to hear from you soon!
Brookings, South Dakota
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The room was nicely appointed and cooled off beautifully for my arrival. The best hotel I have visited on business in Omaha. It has a kitchenette which is lovely and great decor. The lobby is beautiful, and they have free laundry for guests as well as a nice fitness center and pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for providing feedback of the Staybridge Suites, Omaha. I am glad that we met your expectations, even if the hot summer weather did not. We hope you visit again, maybe when the weather is not so hot and humid! Thank you again!
Houston
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I love almost everything about the Staybridge Suites branded hotels and this location in West Omaha is among the best I have experienced. The rooms are quiet and well furnished. I appreciate all the extra places to plug in cell phone chargers and computers. The wireless and wired internet connections worked well. The breakfast offerings were outstanding (except for the microwave bacon). This is the only hotel chain I where I actually prefer having breakfast there rather than a local restaurant. The largely African-American staff provided outstanding customer service. The location was quite a distance from most of the attractions in Omaha but close to a mall and the Children's Hospital. The price is a little higher but I gladly paid for the quality of the room and facility.

Room Tip: The two elevators are slow so think twice about a room on an upper floor.
Green Features: I don't mind environmentally-friendly practices but for this price point I would like to get the bed made and some fresh towels. They will do it here but you have to ask.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for the feedback on your stay a the Staybridge Suites, Omaha! I will pass these kind words on to my staff. Thank you for choosing the Staybridge Suites and we hope to see you again.
washington state
Reviewed 3 July 2014

We were more than satisfied with our stay at the Omaha 80th and Dodge Staybridge (SB). The property was well maintained and was located n close proximity to loads of Omaha attractions and restaurants. Echo, the housekeeping supervisor, stands out as a superlative example of the very best personality and response in a customer-focused operation. There was a convenient walking trail close by that provided excellent exercise and touring opportunities. For food nearby, we recommend "Foodies," healthy and fresh at great prices. The desk staff, although a bit aloof, was nevertheless helpful in every way. The SB would do well to develop a policy defining how to deal with rude and inconsiderate users of the on-site laundry facility. We especially appreciated the evening light meal fare and wine/beer tasting opportunities. Very good touch! My wife and I will gladly stay here again!

Room Tip: A room on the back side would be more quite, but any room is just fine.
Green Features: They advocate green practices and their staff appears to follow them.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Thank you very much for the feedback of our hotel; I am glad to hear you enjoyed your time here. I will make sure to pass your comments on to my Executive Housekeeper, Echo. We hope to see you soon at the Staybridge Suites of Omaha!
Thank you again.
Bear Creek, North Carolina
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The staff at this Staybridge is top notch.......stayed 9 days and Echo, Nate and general manager Taylor were just superb folks. The food is good, the rooms are clean and neat. The food is provided on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. Nate who heads up engineering dept there grills outdoors. Angus Burgers and Brats on Wednesday nights. Love the job that Echo does as well, she heads up the housekeeping and morning kitchen breakfast buffer which is quite good as well. I got to know Taylor the general manager an she is top notch.

I travel the country and this is at least my 5th Staybridge Stay but it was also my top stay of any of the others. I stay on the road 40 weeks a year and, THIS motel is truly a 5 star place to stay and would never stay anywhere but here again if in Omaha.

Chris

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for the great feedback of your stay at the Staybridge Suites, Omaha! I really appreciate all the kinds words. I am very happy to hear your extended stay was up to your standards. I will definitely pass this message on to the employees; we pride ourselves on great service, cleanliness and of course, great breakfast.

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!
Vancouver Island
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Staff are very helpful and courteous, suites tasteful and well appointed. Breakfast is great and the social evenings (drinks and food) mean you don't have to eat out. Supermarket and organic foods nearby, lots of restaurants and a shuttle bus service. Was exactly what I needed. Only quibble would be the arctic air conditioning with only on/off setting, but I guess Omaha needs that sometimes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Taylor T, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Omaha 80th & Dodge, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for the feedback! I am very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. Guest service is our top priority at the Staybridge Suites, Omaha. We look forward to seeing you the next time you visit Omaha!