“My Gastank was Siphoned!”

Baymont Inn & Suites Omaha NE
Ranked #73 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 8 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Baymont Inn & Suites Omaha NE

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I travel for a living and have NEVER been treated so poorly. While I was away on business, we decided to save money while relocating from Houston to Omaha. Poor choice of hotels. Wife stayed two weeks,Third day at Hotel she requested that the Tub be cleaned, it didn't get cleaned. she complained to the manager next day, it didn;t get cleaned, I called the fifth day, spoke to the mgr, professionally of course, he said that the maid responsible was,"his best maid," and he couldn't believe what we were saying. he inspected himself. By this time I was on my way back to Omaha. I saw the mgr and the maid in the bathroom. the left without a word. next day, we went to work, the bath was cleaned but now the towels were not changed. I called front desk, and as the mgr himself cleaned the bath he said that it couldn't be because he cleaned the room. so as the mgr was not there, I asked the front desk associate to come verify.
i will never darken their door again, i have written to their corporate offices. no apology is going to fix a mgr calling me and my wife liars, due to his own ineptness.
stayed there feb 2014

Room Tip: Choose another value hotel chain... Will Add photos later of the rotten apple under the bed along wi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Reviewed 22 May 2014

This hotel is a great value but it could use some additional maintenance - updating. There is nothing wrong with the building but a person can see that age is catching up to it and it will need to be worked on.
Room was okay - average, staff very friendly and efficient.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Booked a cheap rate for a roadtrip overnight stay, figuring I was getting a good deal because I know Baymonts to be pretty decent. This particular hotel was a bit sketchy for my standards. The front desk clerk was nice, but gave horrible directions about where to park and how to access the room. Broken shards of glass throughout the parking lot worried me, but I was tired. We encountered several odd people hanging around in the hallways since we were on the extended tour to our room (it was a Saturday night). Hallways smelled and were not clean. Finally get in the room, and it was dark and dingy - only one lamp in the room itself worked. Bathroom was bright and clean tho. Ended up with a two double room, but those had to have been the smallest doubles I've seen. One bad sagged horribly and the other was rock-hard. The wind was blowing outside and we heard it whistle all night long through a cracked seal around the window, even over the fan we had going for ambient noise. In the morning, got up early, no hot water in the shower, but it was at least sort of warm for me - hubby had a cool shower. The breakfast offering pleasantly surprised me, and it's probably the only thing saving this review. There was a nice selection and that area was clean and organized. When checking out, I went to the front desk, and again, the staff was nice, but I was told that I couldn't get a receipt since I was pre-paid. I pressed, nicely, saying I'm always able to get a printout showing a $0 balance when pre-paid, and they adamantly refused to give me a receipt. Ok then, time to hit the road. Loading stuff in car, we could see in the daylight how messy the parking lot was - trash everywhere, someone had puked on the sidewalk and it hadn't been cleaned up, and a couple of the staff were standing right next to the door smoking and chatting, and pretended to be emptying the overflowing trash can when we walked by. Nice parting touch.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business