“Very nice hotel”

Best Western Plus Kelly Inn
Ranked #7 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Had a very comfortable all-around stay here. I had just had a breakdown on I-80, on a Sunday afternoon, just before nasty swirling storm clouds followed by a driving rain. I rode with 2 very disgruntled tow truck drivers (can hardly blame them!), and they graciously drove me to this hotel. What a pleasant 2-day stay I had, while waiting for my truck & trailer to be repaired! Extremely clean & comfortable, wonderful bed & pillows, spotless towels and bed linens. They were undergoing some remodeling, but made the stay very comfortable in spite of this. The attached restaurant is a run-of-the-mill Perkins, but pizza delivery was also available. This facility is close to both I-80 and I-680.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 12 June 2014

This hotel is overpriced for what get. We did the zoo package. I thought a package was supposed to save me money. Cost me more to use this package than if I would have purchased tickets seperately. The billing statement was confusing. I just gave up trying to figure why were charged more then $295 for two nights that should have been more like $120 per night.

1  Thank David T
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I cannot more highly suggest a more accepting, friendly and accommodating hotel and staff if you are traveling with dogs! I have FIVE and they never hesitated about allowing them in! Even had 5 bags of dog treats for them when I checked in. I make this particular trip twice a year between two homes and will stay here each time from now one! It's halfway for me so works perfectly. Thank you so much from the gal on the phone, Kerrie I believe was her name, to the check in woman, Vicky. All hotels could follow this example!

Reviewed 11 June 2014

We've stayed here two times now over the past few years. It will be our default place to stay now after our second stay. The first stay was pretty unremarkable. Our door had a large gap between the bottom of the door and the threshold, letting in more light and noise from the hallway than we wanted. And our faucet squeaked. Neither bad, but both stood out for parents trying to get their toddlers to bed. The second stay had neither of these issues, so I consider them isolated and petty.

What it does have is:
- a great price, especially for a place with a kid-friendly pool, which is our primary need.
- a kid-friendly pool. This maybe isn't a great pool for older kids (although growing up I was always happy with the hotel pool and it was usually just a bland rectangle, nothing fancy like today's hotel pools), but it's perfect for toddlers. The deepest part is 3ish feet, so our 3, nearly 4 year old could touch everywhere. It has a small slide that our just-2 year old could handle, and a larger slide that our older boy liked. There are 3 floating objects anchored to the floor, an umbrella-type structure constantly running a waterfall, the water is warm, no zero-depth entry, but the shall end is 8 inches deep. And there's a small hot tub for the parents.
- a recent renovation going on in the lobby and it appears that the guest rooms may have benefitted as well.
- our standard room had a fridge and microwave.
- there's a Perkins attached to the lobby with discounts for hotel guests.
- it's 3 minutes from a shopping area with a Target and Walmart for forgotten essentials.

We were happy with this stay and will continue to stay here, at least until our youngest child has outgrown the pool area.

Room Tip: Depends on your needs. We stayed on the 7th floor (The top) because I like views, but this is Omaha...
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Had a great time at the Omaha zoo and then went to the motel to relax. The pool was great for little ones and although our room was right by the pool/workout facility, the vending machines, an outside exit and the elevator, we heard very little noise in the hallway. They were very accommodating with our special requests and everything was great! Parked right outside the door and the room was easily accessible and secure. We loved our stay and will definitely be back.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I have stayed here a few times and have been happy with it both times. Our most recent visit the lobby was under renovation which will likely lead to a nicer and more updated lobby than was there previously.

The rooms are clean. The shower water pressure is great. The staff is very friendly.

Highlights for my family is the kids pool area. There are slides for both the younger and bigger kids. The pool was a decent temp though could be a bit warmer. The hot tub though while we were last there was absolutely disgusting......the water was a brown color (gross) so we stayed clear of that. We also like the fact that there is a Perkins attached or a selection of restaurants nearby.

It is a good stop over hotel for us with the kids.

Room Tip: stay away from the elevators
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 June 2014

First impression was not that great as the hotel is not in a nicer, newer part of town. Outside appearance is worn, as was lobby...but I understand the lobby is now under renovation. Staff were very nice and helpful. Room was nice, comfy, and clean. Great bed! Evening managers reception was the best! No free breakfast here, though, as you have to go to Perkins and pay for it, which is attached. Pool and fitness area appeared nice, but I did not use.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business