“Nice, pleasant stay”

Ranked #6 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Sioux Falls, SD
“Nice, pleasant stay”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed here for work, just one night. The rooms were comfortable, clean and very nice. When I checked in, the woman at the front desk was very friendly and offered me a tour, hotel info, etc. Parking is an extra $10, but is close by. Of the hotels I have stayed at in Omaha, this one has been my favorite.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Jennifer L, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this review, 4 December 2014
Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found your stay to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Watertown, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I met up with an old friend for two days. We enjoyed the hotel. The rooms were clean and quiet. The beds were comfortable and the cooling system was great. There was a charge for the continental breakfast, but it was worth it. The internet service was slow.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Joy H
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stay here a couple times a year for business purposes and have always been pleased with the property and service. I like the location, which is near downtown and the airport. They have a complimentary shuttle as well.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank andykiley
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was visiting from out of town with a friend and decided to stay at this hotel for two nights.

The stay was very positive and nothing really negative to say about the place. I didn't stay in the rooms much since I was site seeing but the rooms overall were very clean! The sheets were clean the bathroom was very clean.

I stayed in room 504 and found it to be loud at times from the road below. It was during July 4th weekend so that may have been a large reason why it was a little more loud outside on the streets than normal. Since the hotel is on a corner of busy streets, I'm not sure which side of the hotel is quieter. The doors are not very sound proof as I could hear doors slamming and kids carrying on throughout the hallway.

I felt the breakfast was a little expensive for $11.95, so we passed and went to Old Market District which is in walking distance. The breakfast is made to order so you don't have to worry about old nasty food sitting around. There is plenty of seating in the cafeteria area.

A parking garage is connected to the hotel which is very convenient. It cost $10.00 a night.

They do have workers who will take your luggage up to the room. When we pulled up to the hotel, a gentleman was very friendly and took our luggage but be expected to tip the workers which I wasn't to keen on tipping them. I would have rather taken my own luggage upstairs and saved my money. If you want to take your own luggage up to your room, I would suggest telling them upfront so they don't touch your luggage.

The hotel will take you to the Omaha Zoo free of charge but be expected to tip the driver as they seem to carry a money clip around, didn't care to have that shoved in my face!

Overall, I would suggest this hotel to anyone because it is walking distance to Old Market, CenturyLink Century, Durham Museum and John Leahey Mall.

Room Tip: Find a room that is not facing one of the busy streets, good luck at that!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Lincoln, Nebraska
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed here since we had an early flight out of OMA. I was nervous about booking a room during the CWS, but this Hilton Garden Inn knows how to treat their guests. The were completely booked, but still able to give personalized service to their guests. Of course, that's the Nebraska way.
Our room was smaller than other HGIs I've stayed at before, but that is typical for a downtown location wherever you go.
Parking is $10 a day and the parking garage is only accessible from the first floor.
The location is fantastic- walk to Heartland of America Park on ConAgra's campus, or take a few runs down the slides on the Mall. Shop and dine at the Old Market and make your stay a mini vacation.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Durango, United States
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Great Location. Friendly staff. Spa was not working the entire time we were there. Extra charges seemed excessive for both roll away bed ($10) AND 3rd person in room ($ 10) who used that bed. I would recommend this hotel to all who want a great location near the Old Market area of Omaha.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

South Sioux City, United States
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Rooms were clean, very short walking distance to CenturyLink Center and Old Market. Staff was very friendly. Used to free continental breakfast but the 11.99 was worth having eggs made to order and freshly made french toast that was excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple