“Good one night stay”

Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area
Ranked #8 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Overall, hotel met my expectations. Very clean and fairly modern. Good location, short 3 block walk to Old Market area. Only negatives were the wifi was not clear on how to connect, had to call the front desk to figure it out. Also, at breakfast it isn't easy to figure out what is complimentary and what you have to pay for. Breakfast was good, but it should be laid out better. Overall I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Jennifer L, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found your stay to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed here back on July 26. The place was easy to find and we enenjoyed be close to the Old Market Area of Omaha. We will definitely consider staying here again if we are ever in this part of the country.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 11 August 2014

The hotel staff was great. They were helpful with directions to nearby places and printed maps from mapquest for me. The rooms were clean and I feel like the hotel was a good value. This hotel is very near the Omaha Zoo. It is within walking distance to good restaurants and fun shops.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank susanrH2865YE

Reviewed 10 August 2014

Stayed for one night. The room was nice, nothing too fancy but still a nice room. Bed was comfortable as well. The Pool and hot tub were also nice. Had to pay for parking, but that's expected for a downtown hotel.

The one thing I didn't like was that we were told where the breakfast area was when we checked in and were welcome to check it out. We did the next morning and when we were finishing our meal, my wife and I were handed a bill for $15 for the breakfast. It was an open room where people were helping themselves, so we were under the impression that the breakfast was complimentary like pretty much every other hotel I have ever stayed at. We didn't order anything special, just grabbed some eggs and bacon. I thought that was pretty shady on their part, and I'm sure we weren't the only one's who were surprised to be handed a bill. $15 isn't really big deal, but it's the principal of thing and we felt a little ripped off.

It was a nice enough place and is in a good location, but I would probably stay at another downtown hotel the next time I return to Omaha just because the breakfast thing annoyed me.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brian M
loudemarchi, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our property. I am glad that you found our location convenient for your travels. I will address your concerns regarding breakfast especially the way it was presented with our team so other guests do not have a similar experience. It is direct feedback from guests like you that help us make rapid improvements to our service, thank you.
Regards
Lou DeMarchi

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel was so close to the airport AND close to beautiful downtown haymarket area of Omaha. I reserved this hotel because of the Hilton brand. I will definitely come back here because of the experience. Rooms were very comfortable, immaculately clean and plenty of room to feel at home.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 5 August 2014

rooms were very outdated. The hotel lobby was filled with men in business suits on their laptops. I came to get away from work but felt as if I was in the office. I would stay at the Courtyard Marriot which is right across the street any day over the Hilton.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
AmyKDavis, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we are very sorry you were not satisfied. At Hilton Garden Inn, we promise to do whatever it takes to ensure you are satisfied. I noticed in your comments that you refered to the room as outdated. Our hotel just completed a full renovation that invcluded new guestroom and lobby furnishings, carpet and wall treatments. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the new Project Grow look for Hilton Garden Inn. I have communicated your feedback with Hilton. We hope you will reconsider staying with us in the future. You Can Count On Us. Guaranteed.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Great location, all staff were friendly, courteous and extremely helpful. Large rooms and very clean and the bed was very, very comfortable. I stayed on the seventy floor facing old market area and I could not hear any street noise. They also have complimentary shuttle to the airport or wherever you want to visit.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Jennifer L, Guest Relations Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha Downtown / Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the your stay to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future. You Can Count On Us!