“Could use a little TLC”

La Quinta Inn Omaha Southwest
Ranked #67 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 1 October 2013

This is an older Hotel,directly off the Interstate,but well back of the main stream traffic. The front desk staff had my reservation in order, and I was checked in promptly. The front lobby was equipped with sofas, and easy chairs,along with reading materials,and the large breakfast area was adjoining. My king room was quite large,and the furniture, and fixtures were dated,but in good condition. The green area behind the Hotel provided a dog walk section,complete with complimentry clean-up bags, and disposal container. Directions for a number of restaurants, were given to me by the friendly, helpful, front desk staff. Breakfast offered biscuits, and gravy, waffles,cereals,juices, yogurts, and a selection of breads,rolls. and bagels. The Hotel could be imporoved with the installation of new carpeting, and some touching up of the exterior.

Room Tip: Ground floor King Room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn Omaha Southwest

Reviewed 22 September 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

The staff at this hotel was very friendly and was very accommodating to our individual needs. The hotel was fairly quiet during our visit. For the price, the hotel is a good place to stay. The rooms were not luxurious, but they met our expectations, and we were able to bring our dogs. The breakfast is good, and overall, we enjoyed our stay and we truly appreciate the service we received here. We would especially like to acknowledge the front desk staff for their help.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
A La Quinta traveler
Sun City, Arizona, USA
Reviewed 13 September 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I booked a room at this La Quinta because it was close to the Embassy Suites (where my event was taking place). I have had good luck with La Quinta when I traveled to Omaha before. I stayed at a different location in the past. The moment I walked into this hotel it reeked of stale cigar and cigarette smoke. I requested a non-smoking room and the front desk agent looked at me like I was crazy. I got to my room and it smelled like mold and stale smoke. I felt bad for the young woman working the front desk, because every time I went to talk to her someone else was there being upset with her about something. She handled herself professionally and was always wiling to help. I let the stink issue go unmentioned, because I figured there was nothing they could do. Plus I DID only pay $57 a night for the room. No big deal, I didn't plan to be there much. After my first night, I left my room early (8 am) and did not return until after 10 pm. I noticed that housekeeping never came to tidy my room. I thought this was odd. So when I checked out, I asked the front desk agent if it was customary for Housekeeping to not tidy up my room. She replied "No, they should have cleaned it. I don't know, the boss is out until Tomorrow (Tuesday) because of the holiday, and frankly those girls have been pissing me off". Uh, ok. So I don't get a clean room or any sort of compensation because "The boss is gone and they are pissing her off"...Oh, but she told me all about their rewards program. Yeah, I doubt I will be coming back. Thanks though.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
A TripAdvisor Member
Columbus, Nebraska, USA
Reviewed 3 September 2013

The rooms were clean and quiet and hotel staff were excellent especially the girl which I assume was the second shift check in girl who found out the church loacation and times of service and was very friendly doing this service for me.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Good value, no hassles, excellent staff.
Location was not as close to our destination as we would have liked, but the other amenities made up for that. And the area surrounding the hotel had many restaurants and businesses that we would have never discovered otherwise.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Also consider these accommodations in or near Omaha
Super 8 Omaha West L ST NE
La Quinta Inn Omaha West
New Victorian Inn & Suites
Comfort Suites La Vista-Omaha
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#63 of 82 in Omaha
My Place Hotel-South Omaha/ La Vista, NE

Been to La Quinta Inn Omaha Southwest? Share your experiences!