“Pretty Darn Bad”

Ranked #77 of 81 Hotels in Omaha
San Francisco
“Pretty Darn Bad”
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

I'll be generous and give two stars only because I have, believe it or not, stayed in worse. Ceiling tiles were missing in the bathroom. The room itself was just dingy. The parking lot and the people hanging out in it were both scary. For what we paid it was a total rip-off. For any price it should just be avoided.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Atkinson, Nebraska
Reviewed 28 July 2014

This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. There were bugs that need swept up dirt and dust not being cleaned up and dried snot in the bathroom. There were electrical issues in the bedroom on the wall lights and the switch was broke on another lamp. The phone didn't work, even after being changed twice, the hot tub only worked partially. The breakfast was worthless. Nothing healthy or warm except a waffle, two kinds of cereal but the associate took the milk out so no one else could get any. The kids wore flip flops to and from the pool and got glass in their foot on the elevator. The pics showed a couch and a chair in the rooms to find out that is the suites only. They also do not have cribs available they are pack and plays and dirty and hard but when we asked for a blanket for it was told that we had to come get it. Then found out we had to go in and get our own blankets and extra towels off the shelves ourselves because "I'm pregnant" is her reason to not do anything. She isn't more then 4 to 5 months along and is very lazy and rude. We had a family vacation and basically gave us ten minutes to talk it over and decide to leave or not when we had to go up six floors talk and come back down. Then she said she couldn't do anything and we would have to wait until the manager was there on Monday. We called on Monday and was told again that he wasn't there. Oh yes the elevator stopped at random floors and even in between floors. The morning of check out we left by 8 am and the employee actually spied on my dad and when he got caught he took off and wouldn't talk to us. The lights outside of the building appeared to be extension cords or large wires but they weren't covered and looked like if it rains they would be sitting in water. This is a possible electrical hazard along with the other already electrical issues. These people should never be in customer service or any sort of business career. We are prepared to hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit for false advertising and endangerment of children especially. This needs fixed and I want my money back or I will stop the processing of those payments. I had reservations at the Hilton and we decided to try here instead which only saved me 65 dollars on two rooms and honestly it wasn't worth the stressed and I will not be going back. My dad said he would go to a roach infested one before he will deal with them again.

Room Tip: Pay the 35 extra for a hilton or higher quality hotel and better service and safer environment!!!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Brenda J
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I do read the reviews and then say to myself. "What do they expect a 4 star hotel. All I want is a clean place to sleep and swim. Well this place is a dump. I booked this place as there is a swimming pool and hot tub. The hot tub was not hot. We usually stay at a motel that I know is great but does not have a pool. The pool had hair in it. (yes hair). Samara from the Ring hair. The room was nice but had a smell which I could not pinpoint. Anyway to make it bearable had to leave the air on 24/7. TV had a green line at the side which had weird colors. Breakfast was fine except the cereal was stale. My daughter compared it to eating oyster crackers. Please do not make the same mistake I did. At least this is the last time hopefully I make the same mistake. I know it has changed ownership in the last year and I do think they are trying. Until you see better reviews, stay away. Wish I did.

Room Tip: Dont do it.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This place is a dump. The staff weren't very professional or friendly. There was no security lock on the door, the window didn't close completely. Half the light fixtures didn't work. They didn't refill empty tissue box. Carpets and counters were stained. For the price you'd expect a little better!!

• Stayed June 2014
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The staff were not very friendly but professional. there seemed to be a shortage of face towels. there was only one in our room. i asked for more and they told us to come down and get them which was not good service. they should have offered to bring them to us especially since they didn't supply them in the first place. my son went down to get the towels and they gave him hand towels instead of face towels. the next morning i called down to ask for more towels in hopes they would have different staff who could answer simple requests. this time we lucked out and they brought them to our room. the only other complaint i would have is the bed was way too tall. being a short person with back problems it was hard to manage getting in and out of bed. the lobby and hallways were clean and wifi worked fine. there was a microwave and frig which came in handy.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This place is not a good place to stay. Once we got in our room it was clear they do not clean or repair the rooms. Half the lights in the room don't work, pictures were moved but not the old anchors in the walls. Vent in bathroom not clean, weird splatter on the side of the TV, damage to walls, and on and on. This place is gross.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hawarden, Iowa
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My family stayed at this motel for our family trip to the zoo from out of state. The outlets and electrical "short-cuts" that were used were unsafe by any standards. Our microwave didn't work and in our 2nd room, the refrigerator didn't work. The staff were very unfriendly and any circumstance that was brought to their attention was returned with inconvenience and rudeness. They did not turn the lights on in the pool room and children were swimming in the dark. When I brought that to their attention, I was "huffed" at. If at all possible, stay at another motel!!!!!! I wish we could have, but all others were booked because of the baseball tournament in Omaha.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family