“Fulfilled the craving”

Jones Bros Cupcakes
Ranked #2 of 23 Bakeries in Omaha
Reviewed 23 September 2013

My daughter had a craving for cupcakes so we headed off to Aksarben Village. She was visiting us from abroad and wanted to see the area as well. I am not a cupcake eater but had a great mocha latte. She chose the vanilla/vanilla icing and was amazed by the taste. The size was much smaller than anticipated for the cost of 3.00. The service was good and having plenty of outdoor seating is always a treat.

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Winner of Food Network Cupcake Wars, this place has amazing desserts, from cupcakes to cheesecakes to ice cream and now the latest trend, Cronuts. They also have a coffee bar and a great menu of lunch and dinner items. Can't leave without trying a Sweet and Salty chocolate cupcake. Delish!

Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

This was my first trip to Omaha, NE and Aksarben Village. I've traveled and lived both on the coast and in the Midwest in very upscale areas. The cupcakes were good, but not the absolute best that I've had. The cheesecake was also good, but not better than NY. However, my review would be much higher if it were not for one server. On our second visit my son asked the man behind the counter if they sold ice cream. Being from out of town we were not very familiar with the menu. The server said yes with an eye roll and huff, because apparently the whole 45 seconds it took for us to order cupcakes was too long already. The server said yes rudely to my son and then looked around as if looking for a coworker to come handle the ice cream. My son then asked if they offer the ice cream on a cone and the server rudely responded no with another eye roll and huff. I wish I could type body language because it was the icing on the cake. I told my son that we would get ice cream elsewhere. We purchased our overpriced cupcakes and left. I will not be returning.

1  Thank Jacqueline B
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Just go. Don't ask questions. Just go and thank me later.
The carmel bourbon donut is calorie free (ok, that is a lie) and the coffee was pretty good too.
Flying back home today and am bringing a 6-pack of cupcakes for my family...or possibly the TSA if they don't let them through.

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The cupcakes and cheesecakes are awesome. We got the sweet and salty cupcake and the cookie dough cheesecake. The cheese cakes was huge and very tasteful.