“Great Value For The Money +Great Buffet!”
Review of Family Fun Center

Family Fun Center
Ranked #11 of 30 Fun & Games in Omaha
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Family Fun Center XL has been Omaha's family entertainment center since 1982. They feature a large arcade with over 100 video games, Omaha's only 3-Level Lazertag, Omaha's only indoor Miniature Golf, Lazer Maze, a Rockwall, Billiards and a Buffet (purchase is not required but is recommended!). You'll find new games in their arcade plus retro 80's and 90's games, the best prices on games throughout the Omaha area, and a huge prize selection to redeem your tickets. Family Fun Center XL has attractions that cater to all age groups from children, teens and adults. Be sure to visit their website and click on "coupons" to get valuable discounts and coupons before visiting!
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Activities for young children, Wheelchair access, Lockers / storage, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Just checked out the new Buffet at the Fun Center XL. You cannot beat the price. It was $4.50 for lunch and it includes everything, drinks, ice cream, pizza, salad hot food selections, and apparantly it was wings Wednesday..... all you can eat wings! Price is a little higher it looks like on the weekends but you can bundle the buffet with other things like lazer tag, paintball, mini golf so it basicly makes the buffet FREE! I also love how you dont have to buy the buffet or anything else to get in the door. You can do whatever you want at your leisure. We will be coming back, heard they have Taco Tuesday so we may try that next time.

1  Thank Robert R

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

Took my son for his 8th birthday. From what I had read on their website, we were excited to go. Got in there and the building looks like an old warehouse. The games were old and worn, the glow golf area had a musty smell and all the holes were very close together. The food looked like it had been sitting out for years, the rock wall is not truly a rock wall. Bazooka ball is the younger version of paintball, the guns are all metal and heavy, my son couldn't play because there was no way he could run, reload the gun each time and shoot. Lazer tag was the only thing worth it, we enjoyed that. The entire place just made me feel dirty. Won't go here again

2  Thank Mink34
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I wish I had found out about this place sooner so I could have taken advantage of the great daily deals posted on their website. I visited on a Thursday so the deal was unlimited arcade games for $10 (except for the redemption games.) I easily spent about 3 hours in their arcade taking full advantage of that perk. How often can you say you've completed an entire time crisis game, or raced every single track with every single vehicle and not feel like you're burning a hole in your pocket? If I wasn't so out of shape, I'd even attempt to play every song on each of the 3 DDR machines as many times as I'd like. Needless to say, I got my money's worth.

The black lit mini golf sounded promising on the website, but upon arrival, it's just all 18 holes in a room that isn't all that dark or glowing as much. Some walls separating the holes with more black lit paintings would help liven things up, as well as adding a wall to the entrance of the mini golf room or tinted glass to help preserve the "dark".

As far as the rest of the place, it looked like an average arcade with interesting sounding extras. The next time I'm in the area and they still have these deals, I'd love to visit on a Wed to try out the rest of the place at a great price because I wasn't interested in paying full price for each experience separately for what was offered.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I loved visiting here! It was my first visit and I was genuinely impressed. They had a wide variety of games, and they have daily specials. We came on Thursday, which was unlimited games for $10. We couldn't play the games that gave tickets, only the video games and air hockey. They also had fun little kiddy rides, like a mechanical horse and merry-go-round. It was nice to see that there was something my infant daughter could enjoy there as well as stuff for the rest of us.

Loved their selection of DDR games. The shooters were fun, too. We got our money's worth by playing through an entire game of Time Crisis alone.

Overall, it was great. The atmosphere was a bit loud, and the smell of food from the buffet was distracting. Still, it was worth my time and I can't wait to bring my daughter here when she gets old enough to enjoy it.

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Wow. I was really excited to go here because of the awesome commercial but man was I upset. The mini golf sucks, the only cool thing is that it glows. The food is gross. Just don't bother. Chuck e cheese is 10x better.

1  Thank samdutra