“Better options for seafood in town”
Review of Joe's Crab Shack

Joe's Crab Shack
Ranked #974 of 1,346 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: This is a new establishment in Omaha, NE (Nebraska's first Joe's Crab Shack)
Omaha, Nebraska
“Better options for seafood in town”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Overpriced, do it yourself meal. If I have to plate my own dish I can do it at home. I would not buy one of the boiler pots again. Maybe a prepared meal next time if I go. The grilled scallops were great, however I would bet 90% of their seafood was from frozen.

The service was good but more of a Texas roadhouse atmosphere. The waitresses dance on certain songs. Yorur looking at about $70 for 2 adults

I would opt for Shucks over this place for sure. Great fresh reasonable seafood.

“Don't bother!”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I ordered the crab cake sandwich and my husband ordered the crab cake dinner. Our order took forever to be served and customers who came in after us got their food before us. The server said other orders sneaked in front of ours and that's why our order took so long. When the food finally came, what we were served looked more like crab stuffing. It tasted awful, like bottom feeding fish. We brought it to our servers attention and were told that other customers rave about it. We were told by our friends that Joe's Crab Shack was a glorified Red L. We wanted to give Joe's the benefit of doubt. Needless to say, we should have listened. We will not be going back

Huntersville, United States
“Not bad, I would go back on another visit to the area”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I really like Joe's since in my opinion you cannot really go wrong with lobster and I love the Bean Town steam pot which is 2 whole lobsters. The reason I gave a lower rating is because the location was far far too loud and the service was too slow. We had a table of 6 and I was on an end, and only the individuals on each of my sides could hear me, the other end of the table was shouting to communicate. This was not just during their little dance routine when the music gets even louder, this was the entire meal. The service was just too slow, 5 minutes to get drinks, too long to get the meal, and even too long to get the bill. Now I understand that could be an individual having a bad night so I would go back, but this night was just ok. The lobster was lobster, which is great!

Dakota Dunes, SD
“No One's Crabby Here!”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We went to Joe's for lunch after some tough medical appointments. The server, Amy, brightened our spirits and was a great teacher on the fine art of cracking crabs for our 13 year old son, who had never eaten crab in a restaurant before, only at home. With pieces and parts flying, he made it through his lunch and had a great time! The food was delish, the atmosphere fun, and we forgot our tough morning. The King Crab, Snow, and Dungeness was fantastic! The Mac and Cheese for the younger set was a hit too - but I will stick to the crab.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Incredibly helpful”
Reviewed 2 August 2013 via mobile

My husband and I ate here- our first time at Joe's Crab Shack- whilst on our honeymoon, visiting from England. Our waitress was lovely and extremely friendly, food was delicious. Would highly recommend. When we got back to our hotel we discovered my husband had lost his wedding ring (luckily we found it some time later!) so called the restaurant and spoke to Ed who we cannot praise enough- so incredibly helpful and did all he could to try and help locate it, we were so grateful. Cannot recommend this place, it's great food and fantastic staff enough- a must visit any time you are in Omaha!

• Visited July 2013