“Nice hotel, friendly staff”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #58 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Council Bluffs, IA
“Nice hotel, friendly staff”
Reviewed 15 June 2012

We were able to rent two rooms and had plenty of room for my daughter's birthday party. Each room had 2 beds plus a pull-out couch. The girls enjoyed swimming and pizza from Pizza Hut which is only a couple of blocks away. It was nice because it was not a busy hotel. It is nice quiet location. We didn't notice any bad smells or that it was dirty at all. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
gmne074, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 20 May 2013
Thank you for the compliments you wrote about the staff. We really appreciate your feedback and loved having you stay with us. Have a great week!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 7 May 2012

We've stayed here twice so far (during the Berkshire Hathaway meetings) and both times have been very pleased. Most recently, they were going through renovations. Some of the wallpaper in the stairwells was peeling but our room appeared to have been redone. The carpeting looked clean (rare in many hotels) and the bed linens were pretty nice. I've got to say - the pillows were awesome. I'm picky about how I like my pillows but these were just the perfect blend of soft but firm enough to support a side sleeper. My only complaint about the room: no full length mirror.
The free breakfast was good. Waffles, cold cereal, boiled eggs, oatmeal, fruit, danishes. I would have liked some bacon and yogurt but what they provided was fine and I certainly can't complain.
Overall, we've found this to be a great little hotel with a very helpful front desk staff. And a great big shout out to the manager. He was VERY helpful when I called and had to change our reservations during a very busy time of year for Omaha. We'll be back for next year's meeting!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lln95
Thank you very much for your review. We appreciate the high marks and the nice things you had to say about us!
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 6 May 2012

I was here with 2 friends for a business meeting, we shared a suite, it smelled of mold and the carpet and love seat had stains that had beeen their a while, the bathroom vent was clogged and had not been cleaned..there was constuction going on and the halls needed vacuming..the entry was clean but the rooms were less than desirable. Ive stay at comfort suites all over the country and this is the first one I have stayed at that I wish I could have stayed somewhere else...very over priced for what you recieve in experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Denise B
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues you had while you were here. We are working hard to make sure that this place gets much improvement and we have printed your review so we can figure out how we can strive to get better reviews in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Omaha hotels

Spencer, Iowa
Reviewed 30 April 2012

There were too many numerous things to list about this place that I don't even know where to start. The cleanliness of the hotel was so bad that I considered calling the corporate headquarters to make sure they are aware that their name is on the building. I felt like I was staying in a third world country. Not worth the cheap prices, in fact you couldn't even pay me to go back. Couldn't wait to leave.

1 Thank ajkq
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We travel often and almost always stay at Comfort Suites and have never had a problem. This hotel makes me think twice. The staff was friendly and nice, especially since they couldn't find our reservation. But, I was greatly disappointed with the room. It smelled moldy and musty. The bed sheets were not clean, the pillow cases had a yellow tint to them and the carpet was flithy. I was also very upset to come back to the room after a enjoyable day at the zoo to find that housekeeping didn't feel the need to take the garbage out. We have a baby in diapers, which made the already stinky room even worse. The pool was terrible as well. The hot tub is in very poor condition and the pool itself was so cold that I couldn't even get in it. My kids were very disappointed. They appeared to be updating parts of the hotel, which it is in much need of. But, they really should start with rooms, they need it!! I wouldn't recommend this hotel to any one. They also claim this is near the zoo, it's not.

2 Thank annabanna79
NW Iowa
Reviewed 25 September 2011

We stay in hotels at least once a month, and usually expect a little more out of Comfort Suites. There is definitely an odor throughout the hotel. I'm not sure if it is the pool combined with old smoke and just a dingy smell. To me it smelled like a kitchen of all types of people cooking authentic foods in it. The front desk staff was not overly helpful but processed our check in very quickly. She provided no information about breakfast, amenities, or room location. Our room was clean, but definitely showing a lot of wear and tear. The furnishings and carpet are tacky looking and need some updating. Overall, it was ok. The pool was warm and great for families...although a bit small for the number of people using it. We appreciated the warm water for our toddler. Again, the common areas were showing a lot of wear and tear.

Breakfast was average. The usual cold items, plus waffles and biscuits and gravy. Nice assortment of fruit.

Overall, probably would not stay here again, but have stayed in much worse

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Kim0711
Thank you for your review. I apologize for the issues you had while you were here. We have been working hard for the past year, changed out a lot of the staff, and are renovating the rooms to get up to where we need to be. We hope you would consider giving us another shot in the future. Hope you have a great week!
Norfolk, Nebraska
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Big room, Big Odor
The only good thing was the room size was big. There was a really bad odor. This odor was in the hallway and in the room. It was musty and humid in the room. The sheets where wet feeling because of the humid from the air conditioner. The refrigerator had mold around the door. The carpet made your socks black. The room was very dirty. The bed was hard. Breakfast area small and crowded. Location is not on a main street, which makes it hard get to. The fire sprinklers in our room had masking tape covering them up. The outside door on the south was broken and did not lock. Will not stay again and will not recommend to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family