“Continuing to improve”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #58 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 27 March 2013

The hotel was comfortable and staff was very friendly. It did appear that they have been updating items. Lobby and pool area was nice. You could see some areas still needing improvement like rusty exterior doors leading to pool but the overall pool area pool itself was very nice. Breakfast area was nice. Food was good and included hot ham, cheese omelets, and blueberry waffles. The only minor concern I had was, upon entering our room, we found a few wrapped brownies in a drawer along with a bakery box in the closet with a leftover doughnut. There was also a small 2-3" brown streak on the wall above the couch that kinda looked like some type of gooey food or syrupy drink. However upon inspecting bathroom and bedroom area, it was all very clean.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
gmne074, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2013

Thank you for your detailed response. I have printed out your review and have gone over the list of areas where we can improve. We have fixed the doors in the pool based on your review and have taken more notice to the presentation of our breakfast. I appreciate your review and hope to see you again in the future.

There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites

Reviewed 17 March 2013

Good price. Kids enjoyed the pool but the hot tub was too hot for us adults to enjoy. They were out of towels in the pool room but the staff brought more after we asked. The hotel advertises a wakeup call (and is listed on the phone) which we wanted to utilize. We set up a 6:30 am wake up call which didn't come until 7:25 am. The time changed 7 days ago, so that is not a valid excuse. Needless to say we can't review the breakfast because we were late to my daughter's dance competition. I see the manager posts on here apologizing for past issues but in my opinion this is one that they should get right the first time. I agree with other reviewers that this is a low end Comfort Suites level property.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. Sorry for the hot tub being too hot. We have adjusted it down to 102 degrees instead of 104 so it will be more suitable for everybody. I also apologize for the wakeup call being late as well. Our phones had been buggy and we needed a complete software update on our system. Because of your review I was able to justify this to the owner. We have had our phone systems reconfigured and updated so that late wake up call wont happen again. I do agree that we have been a lower end Comfort Suites in the past but we are currently doing everything possible to get a great staff, renovate the property, and make it a higher end Comfort Suites. In the last two weeks we got brand new bedding and curtains, next will be carpets and new furiture. I will openly admit that we are not quite there yet but making vast improvements. Your detailed review will help us out a lot in our improvements and we will continue to take your feedback and implement policies that will make sure your expectations are met. Thank you for your time and have a great week!

Reviewed 11 February 2013 via mobile

This is my third trip at this hotel and its still great. I can tell they are making improvements. Breakfast is very good and the staff is very helpful! They have changed the decor in the rooms and the breakfast area

• Stayed: January 2013

Thank you very much for the nice things you had to say about our staff and property. We really value your input and hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 10 January 2013

We have stayed at many Comfort Suites and been happy, but this one was of lower quality. We stayed during winter, and the parking lot had not been plowed, so parking was precarious. Front desk staff were friendly and helpful, but rooms need to be thoroughly cleaned. Breakfast was OK but they ran out of yogurt and more fruit would be nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
gmne074, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2013

Thank you for your review. I apologize for our hotel not being quite up to standards. I do want to mention that we are doing everything we can to improve our hotel and your review has helped us do so. I've showed the company that plows our snow what you have said and I have also made sure we do not run out of yogurt. Quality fruit is hard to find sometimes in the winter but I have told our breakfast attendent to make sure that nothing is out that doesn't look appealing. Thank you very much for your sincere review and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 December 2012

The hotel staff were very nice and friendly. The room was very nice and clean. The breakfast was hot and the coffee was fresh We certainly enjoyed our stay there. The location was very good because it was convenient for shopping and restaurants. The fitness center was nice too. My husband and I enjoyed the exercise room. We liked the convenience of shopping and even spent some time sightseeing. The internet service was also used.and the staff was very helpful in answering questions and giving directions. We plan to visit that particular hotel again early this coming year. .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
gmne074, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Thank you very much for your nice review. We loved having you here and I'm very glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Safe travels until we see you again in the future!

Reviewed 26 December 2012

Nice male receptionist upon arrival. Lady keeping the breakfast area stocked and clean was very friendly and outgoing. Folks helping us at check out were all very pleasant.
Seems like every time we stay at a hotel, the whirlpool is not working properly. It happened again here. The pool was actually warmer than the whirlpool, so we swam instead of sitting.
The carpet could have used a good vacuuming along all the edges of the room with a shop vac. The carpet is getting a little worn. Otherwise, the room was pretty nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank AlanJ1112
gmne074, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Thank you for your feedback! We enjoyed having you at the hotel and appreciate you staying with us. I apologize about the hot tub issue. I will strive to make sure it is working properly. We have since replaced the heater on it. Also we are planning on getting new carpets in the coming months. Your review didn't go unnoticed and I really appreciate you letting us know what we can do to be better. Thanks again for taking the time to do the review and we would love to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 26 December 2012

After reading the few bad reviews of this hotel prior to my stay, I'll admit I was a bit hesitant to book a room, but I had made the reservation anyway due to the proximity and the great rate I received. I arrived in the afternoon and the front desk receptionist was very friendly and efficient. I stayed on the second floor in a king sized suite. The room upon arrival was very clean, with a comfortable bed and a pull out couch. The television would not turn on right away, so I called the front desk. They were very polite and walked me through how to solve the minor issue. The television worked fine after that. The indoor pool was a comfortable temperature, and the jacuzzi was nice. For dinner I went to a restaurant right across the street called Bogie's Bar and Grill,good food and very convenient if you don't want to go to far to eat. Breakfast in the morning was great! They served waffles, biscuits and gravy, and other hot and cold foods. The woman working in the breakfast room was very friendly and made sure I had everything that I needed. Overall I would say that my stay was very pleasant. Clean rooms, great rates, and very friendly staff. The only downside to this hotel is that the location is a bit tucked away. I would definitely stay at this Comfort Suites again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Thank you very much for your honest feedback. I appreciate your review and i'm very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you again in the future! Happy Holidays!