“A Bargain for a Family”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #55 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Traveling with our daughter and two granddaughters, we were delighted to find a family room for a most reasonable price of $104 (including tax). Sharing the room meant easy childcare for our daughter and efficient movement in and out of the hotel. The room was large, two doubles and a sofa bed. It was clean, no complaints. Breakfast was ample and good. Staff was cordial.

Room Tip: Our family room was on the first floor. Very convenient.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
gmne074, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2013

Thank you for taking time to give us a feedback on our hotel. It was greatly appreciated. We hope to see you again and serve you with nothing but excellence!

Tom

Reviewed 1 July 2013

We stayed here over the weekend, during the Bank of the West Celebrates America Concert at Memorial Park. It was about like I expected. The room was clean and comfortable. In-room microwave and fridge was really nice. Breakfast in the morning was good and plentiful. The staff was very accommodating, even allowing us early check-in at no extra charge so we could get to the concert sooner. The only real problem we encountered during our stay was the other guests. My husband and young daughter went back to the hotel during the evening to go swimming. There were three families traveling together who had 6-8 boys (ages 6-14) with them. When they were at the pool, they were so rowdy and loud that no one else could enjoy the place. The pool is in sight of the hotel front desk, but staff apparently did nothing when asked to help control the rowdy guests. Either that, or the kids' parents wouldn't listen, which is an all too common problem. Overall, a good stay and I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for taking your time and leaving us a wonderful feedback. We truly appreciate the business you gave us and hope to see you soon at the Comfort Suites.

Tom

Reviewed 23 June 2013

I'm on business as an insurance adjuster and to have a reservation at a comfort suite was relieving... As soon as I pulled up I was thinking....ok this is okay I guess..... walked in and was greeted by a young gentleman. Very nice and professional with my check-in.... Went to room with my family and it was, ummmm.... not nice at all. Out of date of everything and very poorly put together. After inspecting the room I found ants in the floor searching for a way out I imagine because I wish I could have left with them!!!! Plus later on the evening the staff that was very rude and seems weird..... don't know how to explain it.....? Just weird... The how place creeped me out and for me being an adjuster and traveling is my #1 of my day, this was not what I expected form Comfort Suites! I actually moved from the Comfort Suite this morning to leave and came 10 miles south to a Comfort Inn that is somewhat better! Just can't believe Omaha, NE has only this to offer.... If you are thinking about getting this one I would review the options or drive a little further out of town to get something that is nice and friendlier.... Plus I am a diamond member and now I fell like a dirt member!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Dennis J
gmne074, Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

I apologize that you were not fully satisfied with your stay at the Comfort Suites in Omaha. We are remodeling our hotel rooms, lobby, and the building. We are working on new ways and ideas to satisfy our guest during their stay. We hope to see you soon. Thank you for taking the time to help us improve the quality at the Comfort Suites in Omaha.

Troy W.

Reviewed 21 June 2013 via mobile

The room had a musty smell but it was clean, comfortable and large. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful. Everyone had a smile on their face and that says a lot. I'd stay there again. People who really enjoy working in any establishment is a rare find these days.

• Stayed: June 2013
gmne074, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2013

Thank you for the nice compliments about our staff. I was happy to hear you felt like everyone was friendly. I apologize for the musty smell you mentioned above, we will work on solutions for this issue. Again thank you for your feedback and I really appreciate you staying with us. Hope to see you again in the future. Take care!

Reviewed 18 June 2013

This is an older property in need of upgrades-carpet in room stained, furniture old and greatly worn and water marks on the ceiling. Room very damp. Loctation is ideal for many tourist locations in city and has a variety of restaurants and other services within comfortable walking distance. Best part of hotel is the front desk staff-friendly, helpful, knowledgable and definitely concerned with guest satisfaction. If owners would invest in property and keep staff-this would be a much improved experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Thank you very much for the feedback. We have updated our rooms, furniture, and carpet and your review helped us see again how much differently things look around here now. Hope you will try us again and hope you have a great weekend! Thanks, Troy Weber

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We came into Omaha for a Family Reunion that just happened to be at the same time as the College World Series. Rooms were double their normal rate. Our room was very damp. The sheets and bedding felt damp. Air conditioning was adding moisture rather than removing humidity. Staff made no effort to correct the issue. Not likely to ever stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013

We apologize that you were not fully satisfied with your stay at the Comfort Suites in Omaha. We have installed new air conditions in every room to solve this problem. We are also in the process of remodeling and updating our rooms to help our guest feel more at home upon their stay. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel, you feedback is very important to us.

Troy W

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Beautiful breakfast area, extremely solicitous and accommodating staff, nice pool and hot tub area. It does appear to need a few repairs--our door was difficult to shut, but overall, in good condition.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
gmne074, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2013

Thank you very much for the feedback. I appreciate the nice things you had to say and we have already fixed the door issue you mentioned. Have a great weekend!