“Daughter's 21st Birthday Celebration”
Review of J Coco

J Coco
Reserve with OpenTable
J Coco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #65 of 1,361 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 52nd Street and Leavenworth Street
fort worth, texas
“Daughter's 21st Birthday Celebration”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

Visiting from out of town to celebrate our college daughters birthday . Wanted something different then old market area. Made reservations for 8 - table was ready when we arrived . Restaurant was busy but hostess and server were very attentive . Food was excellent and all of us were served at the same time . Our table had salmon , chicken , steak, and burgers . Everyone enjoyed their dinner . I called and spoke with the baker and she made a wonderful dessert for our celebration . Will be back the next time we are in town !

1 Thank mcsutton1

La Quinta, California
“Spot On for Food and Service”
Reviewed 31 August 2013

I gave a lecture for 12 persons in their private room. We all ordered off the menu. The food was on time, delicious and service was attentive without detracting from the lecture. I do this routine regularly and J Coco did a superb job. Bravo

Bellevue, Nebraska
“The Feng Shui of Flavor”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

The restaurant has a great ambiance/decoration and despite that it is located in midtown, I had absolutely no problem finding parking. They have an extended parking lot down the street (Stress free night).

We were greeted politely and they were already expecting us (had a reservation). The host was very welcoming and our waitress was very polite. She answered all of our questions and was very attentive.

The highlight of the night was the food. All of our dishes were perfectly executed. The flavor of every one of our dishes were perfectly balanced and no single ingredient overpowered the other. It was like the feng shui of flavors and textures. I like that every single item in the plate play an important role in the overall taste of the dish. No waste here with "Decorative-only" items.

I first tried every item by itself but the explosion of flavor and texture came when I mixed them. I have to agree with a comment posted about the Chef, she should appear in Iron Chef America. I think the medallions paired very well with the Boulevard Smokestack Two Jokers Double-Wit. The light bitterness and floral aroma of the beer was a nice pair for the richness of the meat.

The cocktails. I would start saying that they are not shy about putting alcohol to their drinks (as it should be). I appreciate the fact that I can taste the alcohol in a cocktail unlike some chain restaurants that serve you 20% syrup 55% artificial flavor or grenadine, 20% ice and just 5% alcohol.

I like desserts, however, I try to avoid them because the desserts that I have tried here in the US are usually extremely sweet. Since the food was so well balanced, I decided to give it a shot and I do not regret it. Despite that they look very sweet, surprisingly they were just perfect. You can taste the different flavors in the dessert such as fresh vanilla in the Crème Brûlée and nutty dark chocolate flavor in the Mousse.

Overall, it was a great casual dining night and I still want to try their Caipirinha (It threw me off that it was red) and Korean Tacos.

south dakota
“An amazing find in Omaha.”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This rare find is a great restaurant in a wonderful neighborhood of Omaha. It is easy to locate and park. The decor is elegantly understated and that is meant as a grand compliment. We had a variety of appetizers, wine, and meals and all were well prepared and palate friendly! The presentation was excellent and staff was attentive without being obtrusive. Wine list is good for bottles, but less extensive for per glass selections. Would certainly return. Lovely place and evening.

Omaha, NE
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Never had a bad meal here”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

No matter what you order it will be perfectly prepared and excellent. I enjoy the salmon and the beef dishes. If you want a sandwich, the burger is as good as any you have ever had. We always take our out of town guests here and everyone we have taken has raved about the food.

• Visited June 2013