“Ho hum in Omaha”
Review of SkateDaze

SkateDaze
Ranked #16 of 28 Fun & Games in Omaha
More attraction details
Owner description: SkateDaze is Omaha's Family Entertainment Center and is great for a fun-packed day with Roller Skating, "Best of Omaha" Laser Tag, Bumper Cars, Roller Coaster, Rock Wall Climb, and 70 Arcade Games. Plus, the kids (12 & under) will enjoy the gigantic Playdazium and our huge bounce house! We're a great place for group events of all types including, Birthdays, Post-Proms, Lock-ins, Corporate Events, Anniversaries, Graduations, Reunions, Youth Groups etc. and no bad weather cancellations.
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Ho hum in Omaha”
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

This place is not that great. Lots of fees for everything, and is understaffed. Went for a birthday party. The BD party included entry but not skate rental. Seems very ticky tack when it comes to fees.

1 Thank Rob B

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“boring”
Reviewed 5 March 2013

its just boring. i can't skate and the play area is not very fun. i know that you can play laser tag but not for two hours

1 Thank marc H
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Nice skating place”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

I think they're the only one left in town. If you want to skate this is the place to go. They try hard to keep things up to date.

1 Thank Crez74
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Very Dissatisfied with Service”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

I'm not a person to normally complain unless I have good reason. But this time I am LIVID. Recently, I referred some very dear friends of mine with a young child to visit Skatedaze hoping they would have a fun experience, it being their first time there, so I got them the All Access Pass. From the time they arrived for what they felt would be a fun filled day for their son, they were treated horribly. The person at the front desk was rude, did not even know what the All Access Pass included or was for, made them stand and wait for nearly 15 minutes before offering ANY assistance and then the assistance they were provided was minimal to NONE. No one was available to provide them with assistance with the Laser Tag, they had to do everything for themselves, the machines in the Arcade were not working properly, they went to use the ticket for the meal which includes a slice of pizza or a hot dog and a drink. No one bothered to mention you are limited to just the Cheese pizza and were not able to choose Pepperoni or any other kind. The person working the snack bar was running back and forth between the snack bar and the skate counter...did not bother to wash his hands between handling sweaty skates and handling the food. No one was available to answer any questions. The skates they rented had bad wheels on them so the wheels were not rolling right and when my friend went to ask a question about one of the machines the person could not even answer him properly and even told my friend that he needed to calm down! My friend was calm, yes he was frustrated because of the lack of help they were provided and the lack of service so he had every right to be frustrated bu there was no reason to tell him to CALM DOWN. My friend is not a person to get upset unless he has a good reason and I would say with everything that went on that day, he had a perfectly good reason for being just a tad bit upset. In fact if I had been there, there would have been no way I would have stood for this type of treatment. This is a very bad showing for a place that is supposed to pride itself in providing a good environment and entertainment for children of all ages and especially for a place that has been around the Cithy of Omaha for a good number of years. My family and I have been involved with this business from the very beginning when it was just Skateland. Back then the customers were treated with respect and the people that worked there were helpful and knew what they were doing. Needless to say I will Never recommend Skatedaze to anyone EVER again. This was truly a very bad experience for my friends and truly an embarrassment to me for even suggesting they go there. Believe me word of mouth spreads and can do a lot of damage if mentioned to the wrong people. You have lost not only the business of my friends but that of mine as well. I will NEVER recommend Skatedaze to ANYONE ever again. From a very dissatisfied customer!

Visited September 2012
5 Thank Linda G
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Beware of Varying Fees”
Reviewed 23 September 2012

Imagine my surprise after 3 months of fun-filled skating for my kids that I was socked with a $2 fee for the privilege of accompanying my 3 and 8 year old into the skating rink - and I'm not even skating! Even more frustrating was the woman claiming to be the General Manager insisting that it has always been the policy and is on the website. Needless to say, when I pulled up the website, nothing. Other employees let 7 other people in with no fees while I was inquiring about this so-called policy. Big Rip-off!

Visited September 2012
5 Thank Mom O

Been to SkateDaze? Share your experiences!