“Best Neighborhood Chef”
Review of Lot 2

Lot 2
Reserve with OpenTable
Lot 2 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #63 of 1,368 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 6 November 2013

In town for work. First time to Omaha. I accidentally stumbled upon a review of the Chef and the restaurant in the Thanksgiving Cooking Light Magazine 2013. I absolutely sought it out. Must try highly recommended restaurants when in an unfamiliar place.

I had a hard time deciding what to eat. It was just me and I ate at the bar. Wednesday night, early. Angela was the bartender and very engaging. The cocktail Gin and Tonic is different than one might expect. It's made with Old Tom aged gin...meaning aged in wood giving a brownish tint and prepared with house made tonic.

Started with the scallops. I received 2 very large scallops cooked perfectly. Fantastic with roasted sliced cauliflower and pumpkin seed granola...wonderfully seasonal. Another patron at the bar raved about the rabbit, so I chose that as my second coarse. The portion was definitely a perfect entrée portion. Wonderfully tender but did find several bones (bony animal I guess). Overall a fantastic meal for me. I also respected the wine BTG list - lots of options and not your run of the mill list by far, very eclectic.

The Chef was so nice and came out to speak to me. I didn't even ask to meet him, but I believe he cares about who is coming in to share his space and eat his food. He was very humble and signed a menu for me when I asked. One to watch!

2  Thank mnjhammer
There are newer reviews for Lot 2

Reviewed 17 July 2013 via mobile

Been wanting to go here for a while. Finally made the trip and was not disappointed. They try to local source as much as possible which I like. Menu is inventive without being to far "out there". Enjoyed it a lot! We will return!

1  Thank NEBXRAYMAN
Reviewed 3 July 2013

We enjoyed absolutely everything about our visit to Lot 2. Great food. Truly exceptional service. Great space & atmosphere. Good cocktail and wine list. We will definitely be back whenever we are in Omaha.

1  Thank Scott F
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Delicious farm to table offerings! We dined here on a Monday night and were glad we had reservations. A busy place with a fun atmosphere and attentive service. Try the kale salad!

1  Thank CollegeProf_9
Reviewed 5 May 2013

Lot 2 is one of the top restaurants in Omaha for quality of the food in my opinion, creative without being over the top. The portions are modest in size but usually sufficient and the prices are reasonable. Service is very good.
We started with the mussels and think this is probably the best place in town for mussels. They were large, tender and very tasty. We followed this with the flank steak, done to perfection. The kale salad is fabulous, the fries very good.
For alcoholic beverages, Lot 2 can be very pricey. Domestic beers are reasonable, foreign (German and Belgian) are expensive compared to other restaurants. The wines are priced high. The wine list has some superb wines but you pay dearly for them. Overall, the wines are expensive enough that it slows me down from returning.

1  Thank NEcm104