“Make sure you ask for tomato sauce in the pizza....” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Casa Pizzeria

La Casa Pizzeria
Ranked #74 of 1,337 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Omaha, Nebraska
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,537 helpful votes
“Make sure you ask for tomato sauce in the pizza....”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

La Case makes the best double crust pizza in Omaha, bar none. I love the fact that you can put potatoes in their double crust. Very tasty pizza for a fair price. Great service has always found us at La Casa's. I highly recommend trying their pizza......however, the last two times that I have ordered pizza here, there has been no pizza sauce and it makes the pizza dry to eat. Make sure you ask for pizza sauce. Their pizza is a little more expensive than most.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank AlexanderDelarge

Omaha,Nebraska
“Pizza is very good. Romano Cheese they use even better.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2014

On my recent trip to La Casa, I didn't know what I wanted so I tried a little bit of everything. I ordered the "Arancini"- risotto style rice, spinach and romano cheese combined and fried--Riceballs. At $8.00 they were somewhat expensive for getting only 4 of them but were served with marinara and they were very tasty. I also ordered a sausage and pepperoni pizza--the Neapolitan crust. The pizza was somewhat greasy but what pizza isn't, I recommend ordering the pizza with both cheeses--romano and mozzarella. I also ordered the broccoli lasagna, Malfalda noodles, broccoli, alfredo sauce and a combination of romano and ricotta cheese. The lasagna was not anything to write home about but it was good. The restaurant was extremely busy for a Wednesday night but it was also the dinner hour (645pm). I had a craving the next day for some more of the rice balls and pizza and thought I'd go to a La Casa location closer to my home on 84th and Grover to learn that they only served a very limited menu, not to include the rice balls and accepted cash only. Very disappointing. Overall I can't wait to go back to the Leavenworth location and try everything again. La Casa is a much better alternative to an Olive Garden or even nearby La Sole Mio.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
omaha
“Excellent food--don'e visit the bar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

The pizza here is first class, appetizers, salads cant be beat. Don't eat in the bar. Bar staff not up to snuff. Bartender laughs alot, but you don't get service you expect. Not bartender's fault, but how many of you have been to a bar where the beer costs $4.05, so you get 95 cents change each time? Think they'd tell you so you don't get a fist full of change each time.

Anyhow, the food is terrific, so eat in the main dining room and you will be pleasantly surprised!!!!

• Visited July 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
“Unusual, memorable, but delightful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014 via mobile

We sought out La Casa based on previous reviews during our road trip. We were glad we stopped here. Not only is the decor totally retro, but the food is unique. This isn't your standard pizza place. We ordered the meat lasagna, margaretta pizza & the signature hamburger pizza. All were full of flavor and each was unique from similar dishes we'd had at other restaurants. The crust is unlike any other pizza I've ever had. The lasagna noodles were also unexpected, but delicious. In short, this is definitely a place to try in Omaha. Great service as well! If we ever return to Omaha, we will definitely return to La Casa!

Omaha, Nebraska
“Family Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

This is the best pizza in Omaha in our opinion. It is unique and tasty with the Romano Cheese and thin crust. The service and atmosphere screams family owned. Once every few months we grab the kids and grand kids and head to Lascasa for a great night. You should definitely try it.

Visited June 2014