“Tasty trip down memory lane”

Cascio's Steak House
Ranked #50 of 1,338 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$20 - US$20
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Cheap Eats
Tokyo, Japan
“Tasty trip down memory lane”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

When I was a child, this was one of my grandfather's favorite "special occasion" restaurants but I hadn't been there in years. It was much the same, which is to say reliably good. The menu offerings have been somewhat expanded to include more fish and "lighter" foods as well as chicken that is not deep-fried, although two of our party went for the more traditional offerings of rib-eye steak and veal parmagiano which they said were excellent. The side dish of mostaccioli, the salad with the pickled pepper, and the minestrone soup were all still part of what makes dining here such a special treat.

Visited December 2013

Minnesota
“This place is why its calle Omaha Beef”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have been here a few times - first when a baseball coach brought us team-members here...Bob Ross was they guy - one of the most generous men I ever met. He'd take guys out to eat to nice places like this and to Shoney's...this place Cascio's was a special treat and the decor reminded me of the ole gangster era. The prime rib was delicious and ribeye as well - I will alternate those cuts as long as I eat red meat.

If beef is what's for dinner, you cannot go wrong at Cascios.

• Visited March 2013
Orlando, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Spumoni I ever had !!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

The service is excellent!
The Onion Rings were also the best I have ever had!!!! I just had spaghetti and meatballs, but I ate every bit of it, seasoned perfectly, sauce was great. It happened to be my Birthday, and I was given complimentary Spumoni Ice Cream. It was the best I have ever had. I am originally from outside Philadelphia, and we are known for our Italian Food. But my meal as Cascio's was better than any Italian Dinner I have ever had in Philly. I live in Orlando, FL now, next time I am in Omaha, I will eat at Cascio's, and you should too !!!!!!

Omaha, Nebraska
“Old School Steakhouse”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Three and one half stars, actually. This is one of the dwindling number of Omaha Italian steakhouses. What I mean by that is the kind of joint that serves pasta, a little seafood, and steaks. As my late father used to observe, the kind of joint that used to serve spaghetti as a side dish. He always said St. Louis had no real steakhouses, because none offered that side.
But back on subject, Cascio's used to be a second tier joint in my view, below such as Venice Inn, Piccolo Pete's, Anthony's and the long-departed (and lamented) Mr. C's and Ross'.
But a recent visit changed my mind. The food and service were much better. My spaghetti and meatballs were top notch, and my guests also liked their dishes, a luncheon steak and another pasta dish.
The accompaniments were ok, Rotella's bread and an iceberg salad (but can't we add a little more than a token pepper and black olive), and the price included coffee or iced tea.
If you want to time travel back to a 50s steakhouse, you can do a lot worse. Good stuff at a fair price.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Jays911
Omaha, Nebraska
“Consistency is the key to success!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

I think the highest compliment I can give is when the food and service is just as good today as it was over 30 years ago. That is my review of Cascio's...it is, indeed, as good as it was that long ago. Different parts of the family have managed the facility over the years, but the product from the bar and the kitchen are always GREAT! We need to hold onto this piece of Omaha restaurant history...it is a precious resource!

• Visited November 2013