“First revisit in many years”

Cascio's Steak House
Ranked #32 of 1,366 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$10 - US$35
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Omaha largest Steakhouse/restaurant serving Italian ,Seafood,and of course STEAKS accompanied by 6 private party rooms
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Back in the 80s, I used to go to here for business lunches. My favorite was the fried Hallibut.

My husband & I had the opportunity to have dinner here last week. I ordered the Fried Hallibut & it was just as delicious as I had remembered it to be. My Husband had the lasagne & loved it.

The salad is a little boring as others have commented, but with the house blue cheese dressing (order the combo~ Creamy & crumbles) this is now one tasty salad!

Great bread sticks, friendly service & a perfect "Omaha" experience.

I won't wait so long to return!

1  Thank Bink51
There are newer reviews for Cascio's Steak House

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Came here with two other coworkers for dinner after a convention. We ordered the onion rings as they were highly recommended. They were pretty good; large rings battered lightly. The proportions are tremendous as we all ordered steaks. One coworker and I ordered the 10 oz New York Strip which was a bit over cooked. It came with a soup, salad, and two sides. The soup de jour was a beef vegetable with barley; pretty good, hearty and with a little bite to it. The other coworker had the shortcut steak which was apparently the owner's favorite cut. It was supposed to have three different cuts: ribeye, strip, and a filet. Unfortunately, it was not very impressive. Waaay too much fat; he was not happy that more than the ribeye side was fatty.

For the money it was a good deal. Nice variety... I enjoyed the atmosphere and the classical look. However food wise.... maybe not so much :(

1  Thank izuj
Reviewed 20 February 2014

My boyfriend took me here on a Thursday night. I'm not from Omaha originally and I did not know what to expect. The waitress was sweet. Her service was stellar. I am sure she had been working there for 20 years or more. And she was truly genuine. I loved my steak. I had the ribeye and they cooked it just the way I asked medium rare. My dinner salad was loaded with the super creamy blue cheese and blue cheese crumbles. I couldn't ask for a better experience from an old school Steak House. I will be taking my family here next time they come in from out of town.

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Dinner last night at Cascio's with friends was a delightful experience, as it always is. They were busy and we did not have a reservation, but were seated immediately. I love liver and onions (so I'm a minority here...) but it's not an easy dish to prepare for one, so I was delighted with my meal. My two friends each had steaks and were 100% satisfied. Side dishes were lovely, homemade salad dressings, fresh warm breadsticks, meals include choice of beverage, and their bar service is excellent. All in all, this is the place in Omaha for great steaks and/or Italian food, made from scratch. I highly recommend it, and look forward to returning soon!

Reviewed 18 January 2014

When I was a child, this was one of my grandfather's favorite "special occasion" restaurants but I hadn't been there in years. It was much the same, which is to say reliably good. The menu offerings have been somewhat expanded to include more fish and "lighter" foods as well as chicken that is not deep-fried, although two of our party went for the more traditional offerings of rib-eye steak and veal parmagiano which they said were excellent. The side dish of mostaccioli, the salad with the pickled pepper, and the minestrone soup were all still part of what makes dining here such a special treat.

Been to Cascio's Steak House? Share your experiences!