“A destination restaurant”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Cedar Falls, Iowa
“A destination restaurant”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

One of our first stops in Omaha when we come to town. We'll even go here instead of one of the great steak joints if we're only in town one night. Seriously great Italian with a relaxing atmosphere and pleasant waitstaff. Though the food isn't consistent, it's always good and usually great.

Bradenton, Florida
“Quaint Local restaurant!”
Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Appears to be a favorite among locals. Pretty crowded at 5:30. French onion soup and house salad were tasty. Spaghetti marinara and bolgenese did not disappoint. Tiramisu was tasty. Creme brûlée was torched a bit too much. Our experience was better than previous reviews. Guess we were lucky.

• Visited July 2013
“Dinner was lacking two things, flavor and taste.”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

It had been a few years since we had eaten here and I don't recall it ever being this bad. Fried ravioli were fair but the marinara dip was bland which was also the case for the garlic bread and sauce they bring to the table. My wife ordered chicken Parmesan and I ordered a grilled chicken dish with spicy marinara. My food was beyond bland, a little spice to it but no flavor, all I could taste was the burnt chicken and the salt shaker was wet and didn't work. I was looking forward to my wife's chicken but after tasting I knew why she didn't want to take any leftovers home. It had very little flavor and the texture of the chicken was strange, it made me think they pulled it from the freezer and threw it in the fryer. All this and the meals were around $15 each. If you are staying at the hotel next door do yourself a favor and drive to another restaurant.

1 Thank SkeeterC
Scottsdale, Arizona
“General manager openly hostile to any criticism”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Grisanti’s, Omaha -This restaurant will provide for mediocre food, poor service and extremely rude, confrontational and outright hostile management. Waiter was purposely “forgetting” a repeated request to bring out lemon wedges even after asking again and again. After reminding over and over, this same waiter started to also conveniently “forget” to fill MY water glass while all others at the table were kept full. Complained to the assistant manager who made his rounds to the table about the issue, and stated that I didn’t think the water was very good (out and out lousy). He as rapidly dismissed my claim as rapidly as his rapidly prepared canned speech was about the concern that everything was fine at the table. He sounded as sincere as a used car salesman. There were other rubs with the service too such as refusing to replace my flatware after a course, that led up to me saying on my way out to the waiter that his service wasn’t good and he did a lousy job. The dark haired man with dark rim glasses (assume it was the actual manager) didn’t like hearing that and instead from confronting the real issue, decided to TRY to confront me in a very intimidating manner stating he doesn’t appreciate me talking to his servers in such a way. I explained there were matters he likely was not aware of, and that the server did a very poor job. He didn’t want to hear it – period! Still not wanting to address the real issue in a professional manner as would be expected from any other restaurant manager, this guy decided to get in my face (invading my space – a tactic to attempt to “push” out a person without having touched them) and force me out of the restaurant entrance. I said that’s it, never again to which he replied “That’s right and you need to leave and I’ll remember you. You’re not welcomed here”. All of this is within six inches of my person. The manager had made a scene in front of everyone and my guest, who I thought by that time had already left the building. Conclusion: The service was very poor (in my servers case), the food was just a cut above Olive Garden; Grisanti’s small wine selection was among the cheapest and least favorable wines at higher prices. The biggest problem with this restaurant has is the highly unprofessional, insolent manager who cared not to address the real issue rather than protect the dignity of his less than spectacular waiter. There are much better restaurants to choose from in Omaha, much better. This one is not worth it.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Zin4ever
Nebraska, United States
“Steady decline...”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This used to be a favorite restaurant not only for my family, but of friends as well. Lately, each time we return, the length of time since we were previosly there increases and the overall experience gets worse. My husband and I dined there most recently last Sunday in the afternoon, probably around 2 pm. There were very few cars in the parking lot and most of the patrons were part of a large group in the "party room". There were only a few tables in the main dining area with customers. Our waiter was very nice, but seemed flustered though he only had two table of diners the entire time we were there. My husband ordered salad and I ordered soup as our appetizers and I never received the soup. On previous visits, the soup and salad arrive at the table at the same. I was unable to get his attention regarding the soup until he arrived with our entrees. He apologized for not bringing the soup - and I never received it. I expected a deduction from our tab or an offer of dessert to make up for it, but didn't receive any accommodation for his error. He didn't even offer to put it in a to-go container for me to take home with me. We had to ask him more than once for refills on beverages and though we asked twice for more bread we didn't receive it until we were done with our meal. Our entrees were fine, but it seems that each time we go, there is another incident that creates an unpleasant experience. Last time we were there, a person who appeared to be the manager at that time, was yelling at people for not doing their job, but she did nothing to help them with the customers they were waiting on. It created a very uncomfortable atmosphere and she only accomplished creating the impression that she was a lazy dictator because the other employees seemed to be working very hard. We will likely go again, but it may be a while - hopefully there is a turnover in staff that will get Grisanti's back to the way it was in the past.

• Visited June 2013