“Outdated and bland”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“Outdated and bland”
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Dirty menus, cheep decor and dinner wear you'd expect to see at a buffet. Salad was over drenched in dressing, bread is bland and food overall was mediocre. What really was the topper for me was that they served my 18 month old son bad milk that had gone acidic. He made a face as soon as I gave it to him and upon having his father taste it we knew it had been left to set out too long and gone bad. They had no juice left so we ended up getting him lemonaid. Not coming back.

• Visited May 2014

Cazenovia, NY
“Bad brunch”
Reviewed 7 May 2014

I hope their Italian food is good and from the looks of the parking lot it must be. However, I went for the Sunday brunch which was terrible. Eggs were way over cooked, very little fruit, waffles were soggy and there was no rolls, toast or muffin choices. Go elsewhere for brunch. Decor is very dark and dated.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank NYHan170
Papillion, Nebraska
“This Place Has REALLY Gone Downhill”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I thought I had sworn this place off forever after previous missteps, but a Pinpoint deal for a free meal sucked me back in. What can I say, I'm a sucker for something free. This does not usually pan out well for me. So did Grisanti's learn from their past mistakes? Let's find out.
Restaurant

I guess it's been a few years now since Grisanti's updated their decor and changed the menu and colors of the restaurant. I kinda feel like maybe this was to put lipstick on the pig it had become and boy does that still feel like the case here. The colors are still gross yellow on the outside, but more of a grey and blacks for inside. Other than that, it kinda reminds me of the Olive Garden otherwise. Very nondescript. The restaurant was pretty dead for as large as it is on the inside. Even Sunday Brunch Buffet doesn't seem to be able to pull them in to this place and I know people LOVE all you can eat, especially in Omaha. I haven't seen this place full in quite sometime and when buy one-get one free meals start to be thrown around it is usually a signal that the end may be near. I think at some point around the time of the terrible color changes, the restaurant probably underwent a management change and with that, quality of food tanked. This is quite sad to me. I remember when my aunt brought me here close to 25 years ago and this was the first place I ever tried calamari and at the time I loved it. It used to be pretty hard to get a table here when it was really going and the food used to be outstanding. But, c'est la vie.

The service here was actually pretty decent today. It would have been pretty bad was it not as I'm not sure our waiter had more than one other table. He wasn't overly bubbly, fast or personable, but he did get the job done. Not a lot more to say one this guy.

For me anyway, my entrée was pretty atrocious. The bread I have always liked, although it does dry out quickly on the candle they use to keep it warm. The Baked Onion Soup, while not deep in flavor, does hit the spot and uses the same bread they serve with dinner. I ordered the Baked Seafood Ziti or something like that. It was dry, and flavorless. Well, unless you count the flavor of old shrimp. Seriously, this stuff tasted really tasted off and I kinda hope it doesn't make me sick later tonight. It likely won't since it was overcooked unto oblivion. The sauce didn't have much taste and there wasn't much of it anyway. I really like cheese for the most part, but whatever kind they used just seemed to make a crusty mess of the dish and not add anything good to the flavor. I suppose the pasta wasn't overcooked, but since the rest of the dish wasn't any good, there wasn't much sense in eating it. My girls were even hesitant about bringing home their leftovers from Grisanti's which is always a bad sign. Paige tried to be very diplomatic about why she didn't want her leftovers and I felt bad and told her that "if you don't like it, don't bring it home". Karlie said her Gorgonzola pasta tasted more like bland Alfredo with a little Gorgonzola thrown in.
Conclusion

I must be a very slow learner. I think I remember now that I said I wouldn't go back the last time I was here, but those darn free things get me every time. I remembered to tell Karlie NOT to let me suggest this place again even if the ENTIRE meal was free. This place has really become bad. Don't waste your time on what it has become. It needs to just go away and let us remember what it used to be like back in the day when the food was good.

• Visited April 2014
Atlanta
“I'd have to be very hungry”
Reviewed 13 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

My recent visit was not a good one. I went here because it was right next to the hotel I was staying at. I arrived around 6 pm and was met by the hostess at the door. The place was pretty empty. There were no more than a dozen people at the tables and the bar. After being seated, it was about 15-20 minutes before my patience wore out. No one had come by to offer something to drink or take an order. I went looking for the hostess and she seemed surprised and offered to find the wait person for my table. I asked to have be seated in another wait person's area, not the one who had already failed. Service was good at this point. The lasagna was mediocre at best. It had almost no flavor and when asked I told the waitress. The manager arrived then and was apologetic and offered to adjust the bill. I declined. Since I ate it, I paid for it. The manager thanked me for the feedback.

Visited March 2014
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Next tot he hotel, nice staff, ok food”
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Had a last night business dinner at Grisanti's with a colleague. Staff was decent, we had a trainer and trainee, but both did well. Food was ok. Their definition or medium and my definition of medium are not exactly close, kitchen prepared it as a more well done. The vegetable medley apparently had been waiting for the order because it was soggy. But overall the food was ok. Best thing was that it was right across from my hotel.

• Visited February 2014