“30 years I've been telling everyone that this is the Best Restaurant in Omaha” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of MT Fuji Inn

MT Fuji Inn
Ranked #855 of 1,336 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Japanese, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
“30 years I've been telling everyone that this is the Best Restaurant in Omaha”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2013

and now they're closed. Omaha has lost a landmark. I guess the Mai Tai will stay open (down stairs). We'll have to go there and see if they still have those eggrolls - like no other.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“One of the worst experiences ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

As a server myself i tend to be very forgiving of short comings, but oh boy, this really was offensive. First off, our server was rude and acted as if we kicked her puppy, no smile, no refills, no consideration. I had the shrimp Cantonese and it was the worst meal i have ever had, she never came back to check until she literally threw the check on the table. When she came to collect the bill and took my full plate of food off the table and didn't even inquire why it looked like i only took 2 bites, she could of care less. Glad its closing, no one should have to put up with that.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mrsloveface
Omaha, Nebraska
“Guess you don't want repeat customers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 November 2012

I echo the comments of the last reviewer. The tempura was served soggy, dripping in grease-it was one big mess. The other selections had their flaws as well. Based on the temperature of the food it was clear the other entrees were sitting around a while before being served. We expressed our dissatisfaction but it was obvious nothing was going to be done to rectify the situation. Our dining experience was poor in addition to two of the diners in our party were sickened later that night with vomiting and diarrhea. We can't recommend this place.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kellyk411
Omaha
“The Worst!!!! Should be closed down by the Health Dept.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2012

My experience is very similar to a previous reviewer. We took some friends to Mt. Fuji to treat them to a nice dinner several months ago. The first thing that struck us as odd was the parking lot was packed, but the restaurant was practically empty. We figured that all the customers were down below in the bar. Our dinner experience showed why the people probably avoided eating in the restaurant. My wife had the shrimp tempura, which came out very greasy. When we called this to our waitress' attention, she did not apologize nor did she seem to care. The waitress prepared my beef sukiyaki near our table. She put the ingredients in a pan and walked away for what seemed like an ungodly amount of time. When she finally got around to serving it, it also seemed heavy in grease. The result of the evening--my wife got sick to her stomach from eating the tempura, and I and another guest had bad cases of diarrhea. This all happened several months ago--we all swore never to return, and we haven't.

• Visited November 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mspiege23
“Mt. Awesome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2012

Our family loves Mt. Fuji. Everything about it is great! Friendly staff and awesome food. We have 3 kids, but they accommodated to our needs. It took us hour total to be there. If you are not in a hurry, I recommend Mt. Fuji.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Been to MT Fuji Inn? Share your experiences!