“Not the usual”

Ranked #554 of 1,368 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: French, Mediterranean
Reviewed 6 March 2013

This is our favorite restaurant in Omaha. The staff is always friendly & helpful with suggestions.
The Kabobs are great but the specialties are what sets them apart. The Ghormeh Sabzi is outstanding and the salads with the house dressing are great. Very good wine selection and prices are reasonable.
Classical guitar background on the weekends and you can actually hear each other talk.
If you're tired of the usual steak or chicken places, you have to try this..

1  Thank tvkscout
There are newer reviews for Mediterranean Bistro

Reviewed 29 August 2012

My two daughters and I really enjoy this neighborhood bistro. The appetizers are delicious and we've tried many of the main courses. My personal favorite is the lamb shank because it is delicious and I always have more than enough to take some home for my next lunch.

Reviewed 16 August 2012

We celebrated my daughter's birthday with a dinner at this restaurant a couple of weeks ago...it was my first visit to the place and I will enjoy returning there. Service was attentive, friendly and informative but not hovering. The menu has a variety of choices...2 in the party had kabobs, and I had the chicken with pomegranate/walnut sauce. We were all delighted with our choices and we took some home, as the portions were large. We shared two appetizers...escargot prepared in a mushroom cheese sauce with puff pastry, and a combo of hummus and babaganoush with pita. Both were good; I prefer the French presentation of escargot, but this is the Mediterranean Bistro! They were great and a pleasant change. They have a varied wine list. The dessert menu looked tempting, but there just wasn't room after our dinners. I heartily recommend this for a change of pace...I surely plan to return soon!

Reviewed 16 March 2012

I like visiting the Mediterranean Bistro in Omaha -- the food is always good, and the staff is friendly. The outdated decor inside the restaurant could really use a freshening, and there's a constant smell of cigarette smoke in there (I think it comes through the air vents), but overall they serve some very good kebobs.

One thought: we've been there several times over the last few years, and the restaurant is always mostly empty, with maybe one or two tables of diners at most. Not sure if this is due to a bad neighborhood reputation or what -- it's always struck me as curious. I've never had a bad experience, so I'm not sure what's up.

1  Thank cidbliq
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I have ordered from this restaurant about 9 times in the last 2 years. The food is very, very good. But I order take out because when I have actually sat down (about 4 visits) the service makes you wish you never gave it "another chance". The waitress is rude and treats you like the restaurant is 'putting up' with you. There is no smile, no welcoming words, questions are a bother to her and I don't care how good the food is, as an adjoining table customer commented, that kind of service makes one ill. However, kudos to the chef.....he/she is the only reason this restaurant is still in existance.

2  Thank Mom22Omaha