“Great juicy steaks”

Spencer's for Steaks and Chops
Reserve with OpenTable
Spencer's for Steaks and Chops is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #16 of 1,368 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Dodge Street
Description: Thank you for your interest in Spencer's for Steaks and Chops of Omaha! Spencer's offers prime steaks, fresh seafood, pastas, as well as an array of fresh, homemade desserts. Spencer's invites you to experience "Prime" beef pure and simple. Our wine list has just received the "Wine Spectator Award of Excellence" for the fourth year in a row. We are very proud to have been recently voted Diners‘ Choice; “Best Service” “Best Ambiance” , and “Best Overall”. Stop by and see why.
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I visit this steak house annually during the Berkshire Hathaway weekend in early May. Their steaks definitely are some of the juiciest you will have with full flavours locked in. Reason - They use a charbroiled process which reduces cooking time for the steaks and hence allows them to retain their natural juices......You can feel it in every bite !!

The salads and deserts are great as well as is the level of service. I make it a point to stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel where Spencers is located to ensure a great steak is just a lift ride down !!

I enjoy travelling and writing reviews to share my experiences with fellow travellers. Hope you found this review helpful.

1  Thank Frankview
There are newer reviews for Spencer's for Steaks and Chops

Reviewed 20 April 2014

This was supposed to be the best place to eat in Omaha. Sure wasn't this weekend. Maybe the chef was off because of the Easter long weekend. Prime Rib sandwich served cold, and the apple pie crust was raw, served with some whipped cream that had turned south.

1  Thank Steve S
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Had a business dinner here - and enjoyed all the food and service. Great steak and great wine selection! Several people taking care of and checking on us - without interrupting.

1  Thank Trish D
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Dinner at Spencer's was my best steak experience ever. Even the cocktails were a cut above (sorry about the pun). I'm a drinks snob and have never had a negroni so delicious. Our waiter Kyle was so knowledgeable, to the extent that conversations about types of bourbon were as lively as those about cuts of beef. Our son has managed a high end steakhouse, and he said his New York strip was the best he'd eaten; the lobster bisque made him swoon. I had the Spencer's steak, my husband the filet, and both were perfectly prepared and delicious. The lemon creme brûlée was heavenly. Service was so impeccable that everything we wanted or needed appeared without interruption; masterful.

2  Thank Painterandbirder
Reviewed 23 March 2014

I’ve eaten dinner at Spencer’s several times over the years, most recently during a recent business trip when I ate there several times. The hostess and servers have always been friendly and the service excellent in my experience. The place has an elegant feel to it with white cloth tablecloths and dark wood paneling. This is the only place I’ve run across that does a bone-in filet mignon, and it is outstanding – wonderful and no knife required. I can also strongly recommend the short ribs – again, wonderful flavor and meat that falls apart on your fork. I also tried the ribeye one evening and it was an excellent steak, but not as good as the filet. My only disappointment for the mains was the pork chop – tough, overcooked and very little flavor. On different recent occasions I’ve tried their house chopped salad and their wedge salad – both very good, but I think the house chopped salad has more flavor. Be aware that the sides are family style, so a half order is plenty for one person. The loaded hash browns, the truffle mac and cheese and the fries are all very good. It strikes me as a little unusual to find a restaurant this upscale in a Hilton Garden Inn, but I really saw no reason to go anywhere else in the Old Market for steaks. The prices seemed a little high to me but maybe not for the Old Market district. Next time I’m in Omaha I’ll be eating at Spencer’s again.

1  Thank gypsyuno

Been to Spencer's for Steaks and Chops? Share your experiences!