“Best dinner in a long while”
Review of Mahogany of Omaha

Mahogany of Omaha
Reserve with OpenTable
Mahogany of Omaha is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 1,372 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Great filet served on a plate 400 or so degree so the steak is always warm. We tried the fried oysters and they were the best I have ever had. They were on creamed spinagge with 2 great sauses and a spicy mayo. So delish I could have have just had those. We choose a red blend wine, recommended by the gm. We also had the lobster cargot, like escargot but with lobster a soft white bread. The garlic butter is worth the bread dip on its own. What a great dinner all around. Would recommend it to anyone wanting a great steak and dinner to remember.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I have been to Mahogany Prime Steakhouse on more than once occasion and my opinion stays the same. Good... yes... Outstanding... not even in the ballpark.

The service is attentive, yet somewhat clumsy. Of the 4 times I have been to Mahogany Prime Steakhouse, my dinner was not prepared as ordered twice, once not even close.

I greatly appreciate a legitimate steakhouse, but sadly, Mahogany Prime is just another over priced steakhouse.

2  Thank Bill G
Reviewed 23 November 2013

The service was really good, the staff were polite and very knowledgable about the menu. The dining area is quiet and very well done. This restaurant is expensive and really a place to go if you want a steak, so if you are on a tight budget or not a serious carnivore, you may want another choice. This would be a great place for a nice couples dinner. Not for kids.

Reviewed 26 October 2013

I had the 14 oz. filet mignon and it was unlike any other steak I've ever had. It had an amazing flavor that was like no other steak I've had and it was like velvet on the inside. You could hardly see the grain of the beef which needless to say it was fork tender. The difference between choice and prime is a leap. I topped steak with Oscar topping, ( crab, asparagus, and a light hollandaise sauce ) had a side of rich creamy creamed spinach and a bowl of crab bisque. Everything was perfectly cooked and prepared. Best steak experience I've had. Great service too.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

We went to Mahogany Prime for a business dinner. The service was excellent and the food delicious. Both the fillet (medium-rare) and the NY Strip (medium) were cooked perfectly. To verify, they stood over us with flashlights as we cut into the center to ensure that it was cooked to perfection. The steaks were both very flavorful. The wedge/blue cheese salad was as expected. And the sauteed spinach was very good also. This is everything I look for in a steak house.

Been to Mahogany of Omaha? Share your experiences!