“Best breakfast bar none”
Review of Leo's Diner

Leo's Diner
Ranked #243 of 1,387 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My husband and I always get the Island when we go. Rarely a visit goes by when we don't run into someone we know. Plus we know the owners and Roxie...going to Leo's is like Old Home Week!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

I briefly worked at this location as a busboy back in the late 60's when it was Steve's Grill. It doesn't look like it has had much updating since then other than to recover from the fire they had ages ago. The booths, the floors and the stools are aging. Wallpaper is separating from the walls. Nevertheless it appeared as though things were pretty clean. The wait staff was very friendly. The cook brought out meals. The food tasted good and the portions were large. The menu had burgers, some sandwiches, salads and a solid selection of breakfast items. Most every item on the menu is $7 or less. Its an interesting Benson experience and it sure looked like there were a lot of regulars. I see that most people felt the place deserved a 4 or 5 star rating. However, for me, it was good food at a good price for an overall average experience.

Reviewed 19 January 2014

Huge portions, low cost, friendly waitstaff ... My husband, two friends, and I stumbled into Leo's on a cold rainy Saturday. There was waiting line but boy am I glad we waited. I ordered the child's egg and bacon plate with a biscuit substituted for toast or pancakes. The egg was perfect and the bacon was thick sliced. The biscuit was okay - not bad, not great. My husband ordered the Roxie breakfast burrito. It was served Christmas style with both red and green chile covering it. He loved it. One of my friends ordered the chocolate chip pancakes. Two plate size pancakes were served. They were delicious, a chip in every bite, and float off the plate lite. My other friend ordered the island. A concoction of hasbrowns with eggs and gravy on top. He loved it.

Our waitress, Roxie, was wonderful. She was very personable without being intrusive.

There is a reason that Leo's was voted the number one breakfast in Omaha.

1  Thank Tracie M
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We moved from Omaha 15 years ago, but returned recently for a visit. My husband insisted on visiting this diner that he used to frequent, and we were not disappointed. Although new owners since we lived there, the food was excellent, timely, and the waitress was a jewel. We sat at the counter and chuckled at the framed print of Norman Rockwell's "The Runaway". They have the original version, and then another print with the very same policeman and runaway boy, only the background depicts that of Leo's diner. Very cute idea and fitting of this diner! We ordered the blueberry pancakes, the egg sandwich, egg benedict and breakfast burrito. All excellent, with hot coffee flowing. Enjoy!

Reviewed 16 August 2013

At the counter or in a booth Leo's Diner feels like it could be any time since 1940, timeless and unpretentious but not worn. We went for breakfast. Service was quick and friendly. We like that specials are named for folks who work there. And our food was excellent. Generous portions, too.