“Great Chicken and interesting views”
Review of Alpine Inn

Alpine Inn
Ranked #268 of 1,467 Restaurants in Omaha
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 October 2017

Been going since I was a kid and decided to take a group of friends that had never been there, We had a great night and enjoyed some awesome chicken. They were understaffed but our waitress did a great job and kept up with the crowd. Take the scenic trip and enjoy the views!

Reviewed 7 October 2017

The prices are reasonable and the food was really good. The waitress that we had was very welcoming and checked in on us every 15 minutes or so. We came around 5pm-7pm and saw a few raccoons. There probably would have been more if we came a little later, but there were also cats eating behind the glass that kept us entertained while we ate. Although it did look a little run down, the food is pretty good and it's definitely a place to check out while in Omaha!

Reviewed 10 August 2017

I hadnt' been to Alpine since I was a kid and we lived down the street. I was curious to go back after seeing all the reviews. We stopped in for lunch during the week. It was a typical 70's style bar just as I remembered with large windows in the back for viewing the wildlife while they snacked on chicken bones. As I chose a table and glanced out the window, I noticed a large tray covered in freshly delivered chicken bones and what appeared to be dried up watermelon chunks. I immediately felt nauseous. There were no raccoons around this early in the day but the feral cats were thick in attendance. It made me feel sick watching these cats who had matted fur and were scratching fleas sitting around eating chicken bones. I had to move away from the window. The server came to take our order and her apron was filthy like it hadn't been washed in days. We ordered the fried chicken, which was fine as fried chicken goes but the atmosphere, the filth and the man with the sweaty wife beater shirt that delivered our lunch was more than I could take. I ate one piece and got a to go container for the rest, which I never ate.

Sometimes our memories are best left as just that- a distant memory. Sorry for all the die-hards, I just couldn't handle it.

2  Thank Jennifer A
Reviewed 11 July 2017 via mobile

Perhaps the most overhyped and underwhelming thing in Omaha. Yes, raccoons eat outside the table...if you happen to be lucky enough to obtain one of the three tables that overlooks their tree stands/swimming pool/steps area. Otherwise you'll spend the bulk of your dinner looking over the heads of those who did. We were lucky and did snag a prime table, right at 6pm! Then we were told that to see the raccoons eat we should be there about 9:30-10pm. Yeah, not exactly prime family time frame but hey, we love DDD on the Food Network so we were still excited for the Dive atmosphere and food. Sadly the three hot dog/chip plates had hot dogs that appeared to be left on rollers at a crummy gas station for two days. The chicken strips were decent as were the fries and wedges. Shrimp was popcorn shrimp, not "breaded cocktail shrimp" as stated on the menu. Overall we are sad we wasted a meal on this place, given all the better options in the Omaha area. Hope this review helps you avoid the same fate.

2  Thank tripadvisot
Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Took our kids and loved this place. It's a fried chicken and beer place in the back of a bar. But my daughter loved looking at all of the raccoons, cats, fireflies, and even saw a deer! This is now a must stop when we are in town visiting family!

Been to Alpine Inn? Share your experiences!