“Can't wait to return!”

Ranked #6 of 1,361 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Plank is a coastally-inspired oyster bar and seafood grill in Omaha, Nebraska. Thoughtful service, notable flavors, and social moments found here.
Omaha, NE
“Can't wait to return!”
Reviewed 15 October 2013

We'd been meaning to go to Plank since it opened, but didn't get around to it until tonight. We're kicking ourselves for not eating at Plank sooner. The service was good (could've been a bit faster, but not a big deal) and the food was delicious. It seemed like we tried one of everything and each dish was better than the one before. We had oysters, of course, and naked fish (healthy prep), and ended our meal with the decadent chocolate torte.

We noticed the large booth that seats 8 - perfect for our turn to pick group date night!!!

1 Thank HootCheech

Cleveland, Ohio
“Good food - Was expecting a little bit more”
Reviewed 14 October 2013

First time visit to this restaurant. The staff was very friendly and attentive. The chicken and sausage gumbo I had was good. I also had the grilled scallops. The meal was good, but there were few scallops that were also small for the price that they were charging. For the price I paid for the meal, I expected a couple more scallops, given how small they were. The amount of scallops received compared with the price I paid was the difference between an average rating and a very good rating that this restaurant could have received. Located in the Old Market District - which is a great area in Omaha.

3 Thank USAWelder
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, Sickness to follow!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

I recently attended Plank. I was very excited about having oysters for the first time at a restaurant. I ordered a Baked Oyster Rockefeller ( 6 cooked oysters) and my girlfriend ordered a chicken salad. We had superb service at the bar, was even offered a free drink. The drinks and food tasted great, the night after did not. I consumed my oyster supper at 8:30 P.M. and I started to develop intense stomach pains around 12:04 A.M. The cramping led to puking for two hours. My stomach would tie into a knot until I would vomit. It would subside and the cramping would reappear. After the puking slowed, the diarrhea came. That persisted till 3:00 A.M. I have never previously had food poisoning but this was surely directed to something I ate. The only thing I had consumed that night after Planks was Ben and Jerry's ice cream. Upon calling Plank the following day, I was told by the General manager, Matt, that they continuously keep track of food temperature and that it more than likely wasn't from cross contamination. He also wrongly stated that food poisoning symptoms develop after 24 hours, not within the first couple hours. Look at any medical file and it will show that food poisoning occurs 2-4 hours after the food is ingested. I am a 25 year old healthy male with no underlying conditions. I cannot prove that my food poisoning came from Plank's but everything points in that direction. I was not compensated for my meal and I surely will not be re-attending.

1 Thank joschu1
FlagshipRestaurant, Guest Relations Manager at Plank Seafood Provisions, responded to this review, 11 October 2013
I am so sorry to hear about your sickness. I will follow up with you privately about this experience. Best, Megan
Ames, Iowa
“Very good seafood”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

Three of us stopped on a cold weekend. My wife had the walleye and loved it -- notable, coming from a long-time walleye lover. My son had the grouper and said if was good, but liked the sample of the walleye he had better. I had the shrimp en brouchette -- not quite what I expected when the plate arrived, but still good. The mussels appetizer was excellent.

Slightly higher priced, but still a decent value for seafood in the midwest. An obvious tip: don't sit near the oyster bar if you don't like the smell of oysters. It was crowded enough we didn't have a choice. Maybe should have waited for the next table....

1 Thank Wrigley62
“Awesome flavors”
Reviewed 20 September 2013 via mobile

Great food! I ordered the first thing on the menu--grilled shrimp wrapped in bacon with sautéed baby green beans and dirty rice. Delish! I would have tried the oysters but couldn't as I am expecting (no raw stuff for me)...also meant I couldn't enjoy signature bar drinks, but they made me an amazing white peach nectar lemonade, amazing. We were browsing for restaurants in the Downtown area and wanted something mid-range with good atmosphere and of course tasty food. While it was a little more spendy, it was worth it! Awesome staff, too-- very attentive and had great suggestions. Great choice if you like seafood, but also has some land-lover food as well--which my partner had the smoke house chicken and he loved.

• Visited September 2013

Been to Plank Seafood Provisions? Share your experiences!