“Romantic escape minutes from Omaha”
other travellers have booked this property
Awesome views of the lake from these windows!
Great room to entertain with antique barn wood floors! Fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Awesome views of the lake from these windows!
Great room to entertain with antique barn wood floors!
Fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops!
Master bedroom with awesome views of the sunrise!
Early morning sunrise over Lake Wanahoo taken from deck
Lower level family room with large screen Directv!
Going to bed is fun in bunk beds!
Loft bedroom with knotty pine ceilings
Loft with king bed, 2 built in bunks and an adjoining deck for coffee!
Loft bunk (#2 of 2)
Lower level bathroom (1 of 3)
Lower level conversation nook.
Wildflowers
Tepe for the little Indians!
Geese migrating at sunrise
Double rainbow over Lake Wanahoo taken from loft deck
Plenty of room to play kickball!
Peregrin falcon spotted under the deck!
Kayaking Lake Wanahoo is great fun!
Perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee.
Outdoor dining at it's best!
Enjoy the serenity of Spencer Hill!
Thousands of sunflowers in the fall!
Peaceful outdoor setting!
Northern pike caught from the dock near Spencer Hill!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
SnoozerKy...
Seattle, Washington
“Romantic escape minutes from Omaha”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

I live in Seattle, my girlfriend in Cleveland. I had decided to propose the next time we were in the same city, which happened to be in Omaha. I didn't want anything public, so that ruled out fancy restaurants and the Old Market, and I didn't want to take a gamble on the weather or crowds in city parks in January. I was looking for a private, romantic cabin and this place fit the bill perfectly. The fire pit outside was nice, but the gas fireplace inside was so cozy we didn't use it. The kitchen was incredible, with granite countertops and a state of the art stove for us to cook dinner together. It was exactly what I was looking for in a place to propose, and best of all, she said yes! Were we to get married in Omaha, I would definitely consider a return for our honeymoon.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautifully furnished- the whole cabin was wired with speakers and could be controlled via bluetooth from anywhere.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
23 Jan 2014
Kyle,
Thank you for all of your kind words regarding our special place at Lake Wanahoo. We were honored that you chose our luxury cabin for such a momentous occasion! We wish you the best and hope you will have an opportunity sometime in the future to come back again.
Rick & Linda
Reviewed 4 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
4 Sep 2013
Thanks for your nice review, Steve. We're glad you had a good time and enjoyed the awesome weather, too! Rick & Linda
Reviewed 15 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

A romantic getaway
Chicago
Reviewed 13 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

Luxury-minded travelers
13 Aug 2013
Roxann,
Thank you for choosing Spencer Hill for your family get together. It's great that you could find something centrally located for everyone. We hope you will come back again soon!
Thanks again for your business,
Rick & Linda
Springfield
Reviewed 6 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
6 Aug 2013
Teresa, thanks for your vote of approval! :-) The kayaking on the lake was a riot and Mother Nature definitely cooperated with a spectacular afternoon on the patio! Let's make that an annual girlfriend's weekend!
Reviewed 2 August 2013 for a stay in February 2013

A romantic getaway
2 Aug 2013
Thank you for your kind words describing Spencer Hill. We are happy that you chose our special place to celebrate your anniversary. Come back again soon! Rick & Linda
Omaha
Reviewed 25 July 2013 for a stay in October 2012

Luxury-minded travelers
25 Jul 2013
We are so happy to know you found Spencer Hill to be a true retreat, as this is what we have built it for. Thank you for your thoughtful review. We hope you'll come back soon! Rick & Linda
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing