“Absolutely perfect 'Retro Glamping' spot just...”
other travellers have booked this property
Great room to entertain with antique barn wood floors!
Awesome views of the lake from these windows! Fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops!
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Great room to entertain with antique barn wood floors!
Awesome views of the lake from these windows!
Fully equipped kitchen with granite countertops!
Master bedroom with awesome views of the sunrise!
Early morning sunrise over Lake Wanahoo taken from deck
Lower level family room with large screen Directv!
Going to bed is fun in bunk beds!
Loft bedroom with knotty pine ceilings
Loft with king bed, 2 built in bunks and an adjoining deck for coffee!
Loft bunk (#2 of 2)
Lower level bathroom (1 of 3)
Lower level conversation nook.
Wildflowers
Tepe for the little Indians!
Geese migrating at sunrise
Double rainbow over Lake Wanahoo taken from loft deck
Plenty of room to play kickball!
Peregrin falcon spotted under the deck!
Kayaking Lake Wanahoo is great fun!
Perfect place to enjoy your morning coffee.
Outdoor dining at it's best!
Enjoy the serenity of Spencer Hill!
Thousands of sunflowers in the fall!
Peaceful outdoor setting!
Northern pike caught from the dock near Spencer Hill!
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Sara K
Omaha, Nebraska
“Absolutely perfect 'Retro Glamping' spot just outside Omaha!”
Reviewed 2 September 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

I booked Spencer Hill cabin for a low-key bachelorette party weekend for my twin sister and it could not have possibly worked out better! We actually came for the weekend totally over-prepared--the cabin was stocked with everything we could ever possibly imagine needing and a few things we hadn't thought of! Probably one of the greatest offers of the cabin, at least for us, was the sound system. The bride-to-be is a music lover to the extreme, and not only was there an iPod on site with a nice selection (Bravo, Linda!) but I also was able to hook up my laptop and my smart phone to access a special playlist I'd made just for the occasion. It would have been a HUGE disappointment if I'd not been able to do that, and have it heard throughout the house (and outside)! I can't say enough about how helpful Linda was with making suggestions on where to get food and things to do in Wahoo, as I was completely unfamiliar with the area, and how pleasant it was to deal with her! And the cabin itself...absolutely gorgeous! We didn't want to leave! We DEFINITELY plan on coming back!

Travelling group: Large Group
Your age range 25-34
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
9 Sep 2014
Sara,
I smiled when I read your review description, "retro glamping", as we seriously considered building a luxury tent-like building when we were researching 'glamping' options for Spencer Hill! I'm happy to hear that you felt we got close with the cabin's rustic setting. We really appreciate the good care you took of our place, as we were a little nervous when we first talked about hosting a 'bachelorette party'. :-) We wish your sister the best and look forward to having you back again.
Oto M
“Words don't do justice to our experience.”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014

The cabin was a great place to get away and spend special time with close friends. The cabin itself, was unbelievably comfortable and the owners always accommodated us in every way possible.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: How accommodating it was.
Liked least: The outside weather was very hot, but you really can't control that.
Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
6 Aug 2014
Thank you, Oto, for your nice remarks concerning Spencer Hill. We're glad the hot weather did not spoil your get together and hope you'll consider coming back again in the future.
Warm regards,
Reviewed 27 March 2014 for a stay in February 2014

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers Rugged travelers
27 Mar 2014
Janelle,
We are so glad you enjoy the peace and quiet Spencer Hill offers and appreciate your kind remarks about our decorating details. We love to pamper our guests and hope you will keep coming back for more!
SnoozerKy...
Seattle, Washington
“Romantic escape minutes from Omaha”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 for a stay in January 2014

I live in Seattle, my girlfriend in Cleveland. I had decided to propose the next time we were in the same city, which happened to be in Omaha. I didn't want anything public, so that ruled out fancy restaurants and the Old Market, and I didn't want to take a gamble on the weather or crowds in city parks in January. I was looking for a private, romantic cabin and this place fit the bill perfectly. The fire pit outside was nice, but the gas fireplace inside was so cozy we didn't use it. The kitchen was incredible, with granite countertops and a state of the art stove for us to cook dinner together. It was exactly what I was looking for in a place to propose, and best of all, she said yes! Were we to get married in Omaha, I would definitely consider a return for our honeymoon.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautifully furnished- the whole cabin was wired with speakers and could be controlled via bluetooth from anywhere.
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
23 Jan 2014
Kyle,
Thank you for all of your kind words regarding our special place at Lake Wanahoo. We were honored that you chose our luxury cabin for such a momentous occasion! We wish you the best and hope you will have an opportunity sometime in the future to come back again.
Reviewed 4 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
4 Sep 2013
Thanks for your nice review, Steve. We're glad you had a good time and enjoyed the awesome weather, too! Rick & Linda
Reviewed 15 August 2013 for a stay in July 2013

A romantic getaway
Chicago
Reviewed 13 August 2013 for a stay in August 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
13 Aug 2013
Roxann,
Thank you for choosing Spencer Hill for your family get together. It's great that you could find something centrally located for everyone. We hope you will come back again soon!
Thanks again for your business,
Rick & Linda
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing