“Superb Customer Service”

Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Council Bluffs, Iowa
“Superb Customer Service”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have stayed at the facility twice (March & May, 2014) and have been thoroughly impressed with the customer service.

Special kudos to our Valet, Tom. We had the pleasure of having Tom drive us during both stays. He was absolutely marvelous. Definitely someone who goes above and beyond to make guests stay more enjoyable.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Dear kvalejq...what a review! I want to take a moment to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.com, and also to thank you for the kind words regarding Tom, our valet driver. Tom has been with us since we were building this hotel, and takes so much pride and ownership when it comes to serving our guests. Come back and see us (and Tom) again soon!

All the Best -

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Monroeville, New Jersey
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My first trip to Nebraska and Omaha downtown. A hidden jewel in the heart of downtown is the Residence Inn. I cant say enough about how great an atmosphere this property is. the staff, all of them, were exceptional, friendly, attentive and fun! Hats off to the Sales Manager, Rebecca Mumm who helped ease the aniexty and fear in a lot of folks when late afternoon sirens wailed of a pending tornado. She made certain everyone was safe first and then kept the atmosphere light and created a great mixer to enjoy. There is easy access walking to any of the awesome restaurants nearby. My room was spacious, modern and most of clean and comfortable. I will be back! Great time away and i was made to feel right at home.

Room Tip: There are only two rooms with balcony and they are on the 11th floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Glen H...thanks for the review! I'm happy that everyone was able to make light of the terrible storms that came our way on Tuesday. I appreciate the kind words on our hotel, as well as Rebecca, who is always amazing at anticipating ways to engage our guests...even during brutal summer storms! We certainly hope to see you back soon! All the Best -
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 3 June 2014

This property is built into a former Federal Building in Omaha. Well located and reasonable. The staff was outstanding and helpful. I particularly want to extend kudos to Ashley, Sophie, and Brad who went out of their way in helping. Breakfast buffet was fairly extensive and varied. Overall good value and not one of those "stuffy" nose-in-the-air hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank capbli
Dear capbli...thanks so much for the review on TripAdvisor.com! I certainly appreciate the kind words, specifically regarding Ashley, Sophie, and Brad. These three absolutely love their jobs and it shows every day...I'm so happy you were able to experience that! Come back soon for the 'non-stuffy-nose-in-the-air" service!!! All the Best -
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Ashley, Devin & Caleb were great for my check-in experience and I want to thank them for their friendly, professionalism and expert knowledge. They made my check-in very smooth with their willingness to help and ensure my satisfaction by going over and above in every way.
I highly recommend this hotel and the services offered by this team to anyone.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear fberryhill...greetings from Omaha! I'd like to thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor.com! We certainly appreciate the kind words regarding our team and our service. Our goal is for each guest to have the best experience they can in Omaha. We have people like Devin, Caleb, and Ashley who are sincerely passionate about our guests, and it is a true pleasure to have them on our team. Come back soon and experience more! All the Best -
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I have stayed at this property 3 times now. Easy check-in and service from the front desk. Valet Parking makes it convenient to get in and out! Its a great old classic building redone with all new suites. You can walk down to the Old Market for Lunch or Dinner and get your afternoon run in by the Riverfront across the Bob Kerrey Pedestrian Bridge. Also you must walk thru the Nebraska's Wilderness and Pioneer Courage Park which is just two blocks away.

Room Tip: I had the queen suite the first two visits and tried the King 1 bedroom suite this last visit. I pr...
2 Thank Flyingaroundhere
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Flyingaroundhere...what a review! I certainly appreciate the kind words about our hotel, our city, and everything in between! I also greatly enjoyed the picture you took of the building...very nice! Come back and see us again soon! All the Best -
Herndon, Virginia
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had the opportunity to stay at this hotel on my first-ever trip to Omaha. I was impressed by how nice the hotel was. Residence Inn is usually a nice chain anyway, and the urban sites are usually awesome. This location appears to have been a bank that was remodeled into a hotel.

My room was amazingly roomy, which was a very pleasant surprise!

The only really negative attribute for me was the breakfast... they're using an egg mix from a container, and that mix contains milk in it. As one who suffers from dairy allergies, this greatly limited my options for breakfast.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Falconsview...thanks for the review on TripAdvisor.com, and thanks for the kind words regarding our hotel and services. We certainly appreciate the feedback, specifically regarding breakfast! Residence Inn by Marriott is dedicated to our guest's satisfaction, and I want you to know we will be looking into the options at breakfast to accommodate all needs. Once again, I certainly appreciate that, and hope to see you again in the future! All the Best -
San Diego
Reviewed 23 May 2014

This building was the former Omaha Federal Building and the hotel owners have done a great jjob converting it into a really cool and one-of-a-kind suites-style property in the heart of downtown. You can tell the moment you walk into the lobby that's its not an ordinary hotel.

The corner one bedroom suite I had was spacious, with a full kitchen and tall ceilings with huge windows and lots of light. All of the appliances and furnishings are brand new and in the modern, minimalist style that contrasts well with the old marble feel of the building itself. Only downside: like so many hotels, the AC vent blows right onto your bed; makes it hard to sleep with a wind blowing on your head all night long.

Staff were very pleasant and friendly (in fact everyone in Omaha seems to be very pleasant and friendly!) and the full breakfast and manager's cocktail hour every day was a great addition. Hotel is very convenient to all the downtown offices and only 5 blocks from the trendy Old Market area.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner high floor.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Dear SD Tripster...thanks for the review on TripAdvisor.com! We appreciate your review and your comments regarding your experience. And, truthfully, we LOVE hearing about your experience with the people of Omaha. We're proud of our attitude and hospitality in our city, and certainly invite you back any time for more! All the Best -