Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Myself and my daughters and granddaughter just came back from Omaha. We were there for baseball tournament for my grandson. We stayed at the Residence Inn. Hotel stay was wonderful, clean, food was good and staff were all very nice. I go back to Omaha in a heartbeat it was a such a surprise to us all. Thought we be bored and be disappointed but from Wed to Sat it was a blast. Thanks Omaha and Residence Inn for a wonderful stay.

Room Tip: We looked out over the parking structure not sure what side that was but it would of been nicer if w...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank cori50
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear cori50...what a great review! Thank you so much for the review! We certainly appreciate the kind words regarding your experience, and invite you back anytime for more! All the Best -

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Just stayed at this hotel for 1 night and just have to say that it was great. Extremely spacious room, nice furniture and bed, great bathroom. The breakfast is a self-service and it works okay. Good location, can only be recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Christian6400DK
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Christian M...thanks for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor.com! We're so delighted you enjoyed your experience, and hope you'll continue to come back in the future! All the Best -

Reviewed 22 June 2014

The service at this hotel was impeccable all around from the front desk staff, to house keeping, to the team that manage the Hearth Room in the mornings and evenings. They did everything asked and more and I've done a good bit of business travel so I know good service from adequate. Very nice people throughout. I highly recommend this property when in Omaha.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SKR944
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear SKR944...thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor.com! We certainly appreciate the kind words regarding our staff and hotel, and invite you back at any time! Thanks, again, and have a wonderful summer. All the Best -

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Recently stayed here for 3 nights during the College World Series. Could not have had a better stay! Everything was just as it should be, and better than expected.

Had requested a pet-free room if possible (due to allergies), and upon check-in discovered a distinct dog odor in the room and fur on the sofa. However, when we brought it to the attention of the front desk, they immediately placed two ionizers in the room and re-cleaned it while we were at dinner. No more issues at all! Things happen, but what really counts in my mind is how they are handled, and this property took care of it perfectly.

From a pre-stay email exchange with the general manager, through to check-out, everyone bent over backwards at every possible touch-point. The ladies in the breakfast area hustled to take care of a very busy area, ensured all items were kept replenished. Housekeeping was terrific with special requests (foam pillows, extra towels).

Bed was firm, but not uncomfortably hard for a side sleeper, which is sometimes the case with firm mattresses. Nice bathroom. Comfortable living area, well-appointed kitchen area with good microwave and nice-sized refrigerator. Emptying the ice maker prior to arrival so only fresh ice was a nice, unexpected touch. Fast wi-fi. Nice to have DirecTV for more channel selection than typical in Marriott brands.

Property is .9 mile to the TD Ameritrade ball park, a very easy walk with little elevation change. 15-20 minutes. Also close to the Old Market and several good restaurants (see my review of 801 Chophouse if you want a special meal).

This Platinum Premier will be making this hotel my go-to for future stays of any length in Omaha! I definitely see why it's the top-ranked property in Omaha. It deserves it!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank BurBunny
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear BurBunny...thanks for the review! We certainly appreciate the kind words you wrote regarding your experience here, and hope you will be back soon. We strive hard to ensure our guests are completely satisfied here, and all our team members are actively involved in making your stay a true experience. Thanks again, and come back soon! All the Best -

Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

I stay at this hotel often for work. The rooms are clean and modern. The common areas of the hotel are clean as well. The wifi is very fast ( a plus as many hotels lack in this area) The gym is a good size and up to date. Breakfast buffet provides many options and the free happy hour (m-w) is great! I love this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank egator1996
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear egator1996...thanks for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor.com! We certainly appreciate the kind words and your loyalty to our hotel. It'll be good to see you again in the future! All the Best -

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I arrived late and exhausted. I got settled and headed around the corner to the bathroom when the smell hit me. The smell of urine was very strong, and must've been in the carpet. It wasn't wet, but there is no way a housekeeper could have not noticed the smell. I really didn't want to pack up and move as I wasn't going to get enough sleep for my long drive the next day as it was. I decided that if I didn't smell it from the bed, I would stick it out in that room. I put towels down on the carpet just so it felt cleaner to walk on. I did call down to the front desk to let them know, so that they could have the carpet cleaned before booking it again. When I checked out the next morning, I asked if they had gotten the message from the night attendant, and they seemed to be completely unaware of the problem. The manager was in the office just off the registration desk, and could hear me explain the situation, yet did not come out to talk to me. No one at the hotel seemed a bit surprised or concerned about the situation. I was not going to ask for a refund or anything, I just wanted someone to assure me they would take care of the situation, and show that they had some understanding of the unpleasantness of my experience.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank spreadjoy
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Spreadjoy...how horrible to hear of your experience at our hotel. I am very concerned by this, as this is the first that we've heard from any guest this kind of issue, and I want to ensure we resolve it completely and thoroughly. If at all possible, please reach out to me at your convenience so I can gain more information from you, as well as personally assure you that this will not be an issue going forward.

Kyle Highberg | General Manager
khighberg@fhginc.com
402.951.0860

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here for close to four months and it was perfect. The staff was great. The room was nice, well appointed and really perfect for short or long term stays. My parents stayed for a weekend and they took great care of them as well.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Lara...you are awesome! We're definitely going to miss you around here, but hope you're able to come back and see us sometime! Thanks for everything, and we wish you all the best!