“Feels like home. Very nice and comfortable. ”

Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area
Ranked #1 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Little Rock
“Feels like home. Very nice and comfortable. ”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very nice. The room I had had a full kitchen couch, desk, and probably a 46 inch TV. The bathroom was very nice with a very large walk-in shower. It was decorated very modern. The breakfast in the morning was very good. They had hot eggs, meat, oatmeal, waffles, pastries, fruit, and yogurt. Highly recommend.

Stayed July 2014
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear kwgoes...thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor.com! We are delighted you enjoyed your experience, and sincerely hope to see you again in the future! All the Best -

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Bottom line…if you are in Omaha, stay at this hotel. We had a 1 bedroom suite with a huge bedroom and a super comfy king bed, a decent sized living room and then a kitchen with a full sized fridge, dishwasher and stovetop (no oven). There's also a shared outdoor area with comfy seating, a fire pit and a grill you can use. Seriously, loved this place. The staff was so nice, always ready to help and greet us. It was our first time in Omaha so they gave us a map and tips on where to go and offered up their shuttle service. Free, hot breakfast is solid and a good way to start the day. Parking is sort of an issue and the valet is $15 but the meters around the hotel are free on Fridays after 5pm through Monday at 8:30am. We had two cars and had no problem finding spots and even used one car throughout the weekend and still found a spot upon returning to the hotel. This is the way to go to save some money on parking.
I can't say enough about this hotel. It's small enough to where you rarely wait for the elevator and we didn't have any issues with noise or anything from other guests or people hearing us. And there's free HBO and Wifi. Good stuff. I wish all hotels were like this. Many thanks to the Residence Inn Downtown Omaha staff and owners for making our trip to Omaha even more awesome.

Room Tip: We were on 4th floor, corner. There are windows in both the living room and bedroom this way. AC w...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank mln3355
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Dear min3355...what a review on TripAdvisor.com! We certainly appreciate the glowing review and the kind words on our staff and accommodations. While we are very proud of the product we have here at the Residence Inn, we are even more thrilled when guests are delighted by the service we offer, as well as the overall experience they have. I'm so happy you were able to experience both! Come back and see us soon!
Scottsbluff, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I really like this hotel. It was very clean and close to everywhere I needed to be. The room had a nice kitchen area with a full size fridge! The free wi-fi, as always, is a plus! My only complaint is the front security guy could have been a little more courteous to me when I went to go meet my guest downstairs. He was not too friendly when I asked him if they were not allowed after certain hours, yes it was late, like midnight but I don't turn in early. I like to go see the night life and visit friends in the area. Also, they offer breakfast but I didn't make it, given that I was out late but I'm sure it was good. I will be back!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Eluid A
Kyle H, General Manager at Residence Inn Omaha Downtown/Old Market Area, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Eluid...thanks for the wonderful review on TripAdvisor.com! I certainly appreciate your comments regarding our hotel, and definitely hope to see you again in the future! All the Best -
San Diego, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed three nights at the Residence Inn downtown and found it to be a convenient base for our sightseeing while we attended a wedding in town. The shuttle drivers got us out to the zoo, the Lauritzen Gardens and evening ice cream in the Old Market, not to mention to and from the airport, so we did pretty well without a car. The room was comfortable and clean and pretty quiet. the bed was very comfortable. Breakfast had something for everyone, but is pretty typical of a Residence Inn. We were particularly impressed with the friendly staff, some of whom knew quite a bit about local sites and restaurants. One important note, ther are no room safes, though the staff will lock up small valuables at the front desk if needed. If the hotel wanted to make an improvement, a safe and a make-up mirror would be nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear biarritz99...thanks for the review on TripAdvisor.com! We love it when guests will tell stories about their experience at our hotel, and even tell more about our staff! Our team does so much each and every day to serve our guests, and I'm delighted you were able to receive that kind of service. Thanks again, and we'll see you soon!
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 22 July 2014

When we arrived in downtown Omaha, after 14 hours of traveling, we were ready to rest. The only downside we found to this hotel was the parking. They did offer valet parking for $15/night, but I didn't want to pay that much, even for one night. I'm not stingy, just practical. We were told parking on the street was free, between 8am and 6pm. We parked at a meter and didn't have any trouble at all. I had checked the hotel on a site that graded hotels for safety and this one ranked high on the list for safety and that was a factor because we were two women traveling. When you first enter the hotel, you think you must have walked into the wrong one because it looks like a luxury hotel. Marble walls, professionally dressed staff, immediate service, it was great especially after our long drive. We were given tips for places to see while we were there. They had a business center that was free to use, including printing some paperwork for our next day's travel. There was a spotless fitness center with fresh towels and very well maintained machines. The room was like a penthouse loft. Everything was tastefully decorated and plenty of room. The bathroom was clean and roomy. Light cancelling curtains, made it easy for us to get much needed sleep. I didn't hear a peep all night from anywhere, upstairs, below us or even in the hall. I will stay here anytime I am traveling through Omaha.

Room Tip: I don't think there could be a bad choice.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank oceangrlz
Dear oceangrlz...what a review! I sincerely appreciate your thoughts and words regarding your experience here at the Residence Inn! I'm delighted that you found us the way you did, as we do a lot to keep our guests and team members safe! Come back soon!
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This is a fairly new property located very near the old market with over 30 bars and restaurants nearby. The staff is especially friendly and helpful. The only glitch that seems to be worked out is valet parking for which they charge $15 per night. We didn't ask about other alternatives. When we travel overseas we almost always stay in five star properties but on a road trip in the US we choose Residence Inns: they take pets, the bathroom facilities are uncomplicated, plenty of plug ins, easy to operate light fixtures, good kitchens (which we don't use very often), accommodating staffs, good breakfasts and sometimes manager cocktail hours or barbecues during the week.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mercant700...thanks for the review on TripAdvisor.com! I'm delighted to have read about your experience, and welcome you to come back any time! All the Best -
Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 13 July 2014

One thing to be aware of is that you WILL be paying for valet parking, $15 a night if I'm not mistaken. Definitely worth the price to stay though. I thought it was a great hotel in a very nice location. There is NOT a pool, please be aware if you are traveling with kids and hoping to get some swimming in you will be let down. In place of the pool however is a pretty cool game room (guess who set the new high score at the Pac Man arcade) with PS3, pin ball, card table, etc. All in all it was a great trip and the updated room were very clean and the service was excellent as well.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Mike...thanks for the review on TripAdvisor.com! I am so pleased to have read about your experience at the Residence Inn, and hope you come back soon! All the Best -