“Charged 4 times for 2 rooms!”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West
Ranked #35 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
Omaha, Nebraska
“Charged 4 times for 2 rooms!”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Funny how a previous review mentioned they were double charged. We had two room the first part of October 2013 and paid cash for them at check out. It was a SURPRISE to us a day later when the rooms were also charged to our credit card.

The manager handled the problem days later but the staff that answered the call and talked to me first was a waste of space. Would think twice before staying there again. Couldve stayed at Great Wolf Lodge for 4 days based on how many times this hotel charged us.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
TKDOS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West, responded to this review, 4 December 2013
I apologize. I do hope the significant discount helped to make up for the headache. I hope the rest of your stay was successful. The employee who "was a waste of space" is actually listed numerous times by name on our website and Tripadvisor as an amazing employee. I apologize you did not have the same experience as many of our other guests have had with her. We had a significant operations update around the time this error occurred. It was a glitch in our system that we were completely unaware of and it has since been taken care of. Thank you for reviewing us and allowing us to explain the situation. Happy Holidays to you.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
North Platte, Nebraska
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while my husband was in town for Army Drill. Liked that there was a military discount. The room was really clean and nice, nice big towels which I loved because most hotels have tiny towels! We missed the free reception, but a few army buddies that stayed there also got to go and said that it was pretty nice. We did have a small problem, after checking our bank account we saw that we had been charged twice for our stay, but we called and problem was fixed and 10 days later the money was back in our account. Also the people above us were very loud but thats not the hotels fault! The main reason I was writing this review though is because I saw that the manager had been replying back so I was wondering what kind of water dispenser it was on the 1st floor by ice machine?? Probably a stranger question but it was great water and I want one! Thanks!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Ha ha. I actually love this question. The water machine near vending and in our 24 hour fitness center is called PURE WATER TECHNOLOGY: 1-800-875-5915 or www.mypurewater.com . It is actually a water line and not portable water jugs. When we got it, I wanted one too. I ended up buying one at Best Buy, they sell at Costco and Sams too, with the portable jugs. I got tired of hauling the jugs in and out of my house. I'd go with the water line next time. My favorite part is the hot water option. Works great for our guests tea, soup, and other vending options.
I am sorry you had some billing issues. We had an operating upgrade about the time a few of these Tripadvisor issues were mentioned. It has been ironed out. We apologize. Thank you for reviewing us!
Broomfield, Colorado
Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here while on a road trip. TJ helped us check in and he gave us recommendations for dinner. Our room was upgraded to a King Suite (Room 214), it was great! The room has a large jacuzzi tub, we weren't there long enough to enjoy it but it is a nice touch. Very comfortable bed and everything was clean and above standard for most HIEx. Unfortunately, we missed the "happy hour," the breakfast is what you expect at all the HIEx hotels. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: King Suite Room 214
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
TKDOS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West, responded to this review, 18 November 2013
We love our TJ! Glad he was able to upgrade you. We would love to see you again soon in Omaha. The free beer and wine will be waiting for you every night from 6-7-8!
MONZA
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Been one night on business trip clean room standard holiday inn
Good they were serving beer and cheese in the evening
Breakfast was not very big but worth the money
Good for business travelers staff was kind not too much to do around hotel but few restaurant around

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thanks for staying with us. Stop by the desk on your next stay. West Omaha is full of area activities. We have a huge bucket full of ideas that will keep you so busy you'll stay with us for a month. :) I am glad you were able to come to the free reception. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us!
Waukee, IA
Reviewed 8 November 2013

A return stay for us, but the first time bringing the rest of the extended family as we had a funeral to attend. Really, really appreciated Cheri's help with getting our rooms booked in advance. She was also there the day we came in. We were the last one's in and the rest of the family commented on how nice she was and how easy check in was.The last thing we wanted anyone to worry about were accommodations, and by having the family stay here we knew no one would. It was great to see Tasha and the rest of the staff again and we'll see you next time we're in town. If you need a place to stay in Omaha and you haven't stayed here. You should give it a try. The hotel itself is nice, but it's the people that work there who truly make it great.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
TKDOS, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
I was so sorry to hear about your loss. I had just returned from IHG conference and saw that you were arriving with family for the service. My thoughts are with you all.

The kids looked great. I cannot believe we have practically watched them grow up. The kids reactions as they walk through our Holiday Inn Express doors is still as exciting to me as the first time I met them. I tell your Holiday Inn train story to people as often as I can. I am sure you know the one I am talking about. It makes me so proud of our brand and so happy to have loyal guests like you.

I am anxious to see you and your wonderfaul family here again soon.

Tasha
Iowa
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Third time to stay at this hotel. Disappointed when I checked in there were no upgrades available for Platinum level member. Then when I got to the room it was very hot in the room. When I went to dinner I told the young lady at the front desk the room was very hot when I arrived. She apologized. When I returned she offered 2000 PC points which I appreciated.

The morning breakfast was very good. I'll probably stay here again but there better be an upgrade or it will be my last stay.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
TKDOS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
We upgrade every single Platinum member if there is a suite available. Because we sell out so often, the suites sell out as well. May I suggest you email me prior to your stay so I can confirm the availability of a suite ; Tasha@kajhospitality.com? This also can be accomplished with a phone call if you prefer; 402-333-5566. We would hate to lose your business because a suite wasn't available. Good to hear the front desk took good care of you. Swing by the office so we can meet. Thank you for the review and happy travels.
Clay Center, Kansas
Reviewed 28 October 2013

My husband and a business stayed in this hotel and liked the rooms and staff. My husband is staying again this week and chose this hotel. Tyler at the desk was very helpful with the future reservation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Thank you so much for mentioning Tyler! We really really like him and I am glad he served you well. Come on in on a Wednesday night for a homemade sloppy joe or bowl of hot potato and bacon soup. We have to keep you warm and happy this winter.