“great staff and service”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West
Ranked #38 of 83 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 24 January 2014

During my business stay, this hotel was and still is the best. They have friendly staff that were extremely helpful with all my needs. Friendliest service I have seen in a long time. The house keeping staff were great and very efficient. I am definitely planning my stays here with any future trips to Omaha Nebraska and surrounding areas!!

Room Tip: Anything you have forgotten, they are more than willing to help supply or help you find a store near...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
TKDOS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Thank you. We miss you guys so much. I hope the job is going well. Come back to see us with family and friends.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Took my dogs, the stay was over the Christmas holiday. Staff at the desk went out of their way to make us feel welcomed. Checked my bill to make sure it was correct, after reading the other reviews...all good there.

Housekeeping staff did a great job and the room was always clean and made up daily. Nice quiet location. I'd recommend this if you are travelling with dogs and in the Omaha area. Twin Peaks is across the street. For me, that's a plus.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are the best with pets...toward the south end.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank flynh3

“Pet Friendly...People Frindly too” love the title! Thank you for the review and update on billing. Yes, Twin peaks has been a draw for many guests. Good food. :) We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 December 2013

Funny how a previous review mentioned they were double charged. We had two room the first part of October 2013 and paid cash for them at check out. It was a SURPRISE to us a day later when the rooms were also charged to our credit card.

The manager handled the problem days later but the staff that answered the call and talked to me first was a waste of space. Would think twice before staying there again. Couldve stayed at Great Wolf Lodge for 4 days based on how many times this hotel charged us.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
TKDOS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

I apologize. I do hope the significant discount helped to make up for the headache. I hope the rest of your stay was successful. The employee who "was a waste of space" is actually listed numerous times by name on our website and Tripadvisor as an amazing employee. I apologize you did not have the same experience as many of our other guests have had with her. We had a significant operations update around the time this error occurred. It was a glitch in our system that we were completely unaware of and it has since been taken care of. Thank you for reviewing us and allowing us to explain the situation. Happy Holidays to you.

Reviewed 2 December 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights while my husband was in town for Army Drill. Liked that there was a military discount. The room was really clean and nice, nice big towels which I loved because most hotels have tiny towels! We missed the free reception, but a few army buddies that stayed there also got to go and said that it was pretty nice. We did have a small problem, after checking our bank account we saw that we had been charged twice for our stay, but we called and problem was fixed and 10 days later the money was back in our account. Also the people above us were very loud but thats not the hotels fault! The main reason I was writing this review though is because I saw that the manager had been replying back so I was wondering what kind of water dispenser it was on the 1st floor by ice machine?? Probably a stranger question but it was great water and I want one! Thanks!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Ha ha. I actually love this question. The water machine near vending and in our 24 hour fitness center is called PURE WATER TECHNOLOGY: 1-800-875-5915 or www.mypurewater.com . It is actually a water line and not portable water jugs. When we got it, I wanted one too. I ended up buying one at Best Buy, they sell at Costco and Sams too, with the portable jugs. I got tired of hauling the jugs in and out of my house. I'd go with the water line next time. My favorite part is the hot water option. Works great for our guests tea, soup, and other vending options.
I am sorry you had some billing issues. We had an operating upgrade about the time a few of these Tripadvisor issues were mentioned. It has been ironed out. We apologize. Thank you for reviewing us!

Reviewed 15 November 2013

My husband and I stayed here while on a road trip. TJ helped us check in and he gave us recommendations for dinner. Our room was upgraded to a King Suite (Room 214), it was great! The room has a large jacuzzi tub, we weren't there long enough to enjoy it but it is a nice touch. Very comfortable bed and everything was clean and above standard for most HIEx. Unfortunately, we missed the "happy hour," the breakfast is what you expect at all the HIEx hotels. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: King Suite Room 214
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
TKDOS, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

We love our TJ! Glad he was able to upgrade you. We would love to see you again soon in Omaha. The free beer and wine will be waiting for you every night from 6-7-8!

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

Been one night on business trip clean room standard holiday inn
Good they were serving beer and cheese in the evening
Breakfast was not very big but worth the money
Good for business travelers staff was kind not too much to do around hotel but few restaurant around

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thanks for staying with us. Stop by the desk on your next stay. West Omaha is full of area activities. We have a huge bucket full of ideas that will keep you so busy you'll stay with us for a month. :) I am glad you were able to come to the free reception. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us!

Reviewed 8 November 2013

A return stay for us, but the first time bringing the rest of the extended family as we had a funeral to attend. Really, really appreciated Cheri's help with getting our rooms booked in advance. She was also there the day we came in. We were the last one's in and the rest of the family commented on how nice she was and how easy check in was.The last thing we wanted anyone to worry about were accommodations, and by having the family stay here we knew no one would. It was great to see Tasha and the rest of the staff again and we'll see you next time we're in town. If you need a place to stay in Omaha and you haven't stayed here. You should give it a try. The hotel itself is nice, but it's the people that work there who truly make it great.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
TKDOS, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2013

I was so sorry to hear about your loss. I had just returned from IHG conference and saw that you were arriving with family for the service. My thoughts are with you all.

The kids looked great. I cannot believe we have practically watched them grow up. The kids reactions as they walk through our Holiday Inn Express doors is still as exciting to me as the first time I met them. I tell your Holiday Inn train story to people as often as I can. I am sure you know the one I am talking about. It makes me so proud of our brand and so happy to have loyal guests like you.

I am anxious to see you and your wonderfaul family here again soon.

Tasha