“Great way to start a business trip”

Mormon Pioneer Cemetery
Provo
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great way to start a business trip”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I come to Omaha a few times a year on business but haven't had a chance to see Winter Quarters until today. I got off my flight and at the last minute, decided to look it up and head there before I headed to my hotel for a week long business trip. It was such a great way to start my trip. I left home with a lot on my mind and this was a good way to put thing into prospective. Thanks for a great visit.

Visited February 2014
3 Thank brentn

Montgomery Village, Maryland
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Mormon Pioneer Visitor's Center”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

This was my first stop after landing in Omaha and I was excited to see the museum and learn about the Mormon pioneers. The tour starts off with a movie, and the two missionary young ladies who led my tour followed the movie with a very Mormon religious interpretation. I understand that religion was the basis for everything that happened, but they really pushed it hard throughout the whole tour, and even seemed uncomfortable and unnatural doing so. I was very tired and jet lagged and having two of them in this mode did not make it an enjoyable experience. I personally have very devout Christian beliefs, so I can appreciate their sincerity. But it was too much and too frequent. It's unfortunate that their presentation sullied my experience at what is an excellent museum.

Visited June 2013
4 Thank lbell330
Omaha, Nebraska
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Pioneer History”
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This hidden Omaha gem has a wonderful exhibit of what the Mormons went through on their pilgrimage to Utah. Their time in Omaha history was brief, but valuable. Ad laid the foundation for the town of Florence that later became part of Omaha as the city grew up around it.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Lisa H
Colorado Springs, Colorado
33 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Bless the pioneers that settled this great land”
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This cometary is a MUST SEE when visiting Omaha.

Make sure you take time too tour the visitor center across the street. Tours are conducted by very knowledgable young adults. That can easily answer all your questions.

Visited May 2013
3 Thank Ralph C
Omaha
61 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Moving place to visit”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

If your family immigrated across the US during pioneer days this is an interesting place to visit due to its sculpture and setting. While commemorates the Mormon migration, it's just as relevant if you're not a LDS member. The nearby Mormon Trails Museum tells their story if you're interested.

Visited March 2013
3 Thank JoRoOmaha

Been to Mormon Pioneer Cemetery? Share your experiences!