“Better than usual”
Review of Kona Grill - Omaha

Kona Grill - Omaha
Reserve with OpenTable
Kona Grill - Omaha is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #58 of 1,372 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$15 - US$30
Good for: Bar Scene, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Kona Grill was built on Exceptional Experiences and meals that create memories. Our global menu features contemporary American favorites, award-winning sushi, and specialty cocktails — all made from scratch using only the freshest ingredients. While the places that inspire our cuisine may be far away, a welcoming place that offers inspiring food, ultimate hospitality, and diverse choices is right around the corner.ented sushi chefs.
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Ahi Tuna and Chilean Bass are dishes that we order on a regular basis. Lately the bass has been not as good as usual. Last night it was excellent once again. The waitress advised that the cooking staff has been dual shifts for lunch and dinner and the result has been better product and more consistency.

The prices seem to continue to escalate, but not out of line versus their competition.

Service was excellent.

The mae play sauce seems to be a few degrees hotter than last visit as well.

Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

I have to preface this review with the fact that my hubby and I have restrictive dietary issues that can make most meals out of our league. However most restaurants have enough of a variety that we can order with slight modifications or find something that's within our guidelines. After eating two times at Kona, we've exhausted what's on the menu that fits our dietary restrictions. What we did have was good, albeit a little on the pricey side for the portion sizes.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

My family of 5 enjoyed our dinner and drinks. The Happy Hour menu for food and drinks is awesome!!! Many choices to pick from on a Saturday afternoon! Service started out great and then for some reason it changed course while we were there and I don't know why. Overall, the restaurant was fun and there patio seating is perfect place to be on a hot day!

Reviewed 1 August 2013

I really like the location as it situated next to a bunch of businesses I frequent, Best Buy, Brix Scheels, Old Navy and the Movie Theatre are just a short walk from here and it differs in cuisine from the other area restaurants. I like to stop in for a little sushi and some rolls when it's not to busy during the early afternoon, otherwise it can be hard to find a seat. Never had a problem with freshness with any of my fish and it's always been tasty, I did once have a slight allergic reaction to something I ordered and I'm not sure what set off because I had never had any problems before or since. The spider and checkerboard roll are my favorites. Drinks are a little over priced but the service is very pleasant and casual. The restaurant is clean and well kept so overall it's a pretty nice dining experience.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

Visited this location at 9:45 on a Friday night which is an hour and 15 minutes before they close. We were seated immediately but it took around 2 minutes for a server to greet us. Server didn't say her name when she greeted but she was friendly. Brought out our food in a normal amount of time. The food was awesome, no complaints there although be prepared to pay a decent amount of money for your meal. The main issue we had was the server was almost nonexistent. Our drinks were continuously left sitting empty for long periods of time. At the end of our meal when the server brought our check both of our drinks were empty and she did not even ask if we wanted a refill. The service was just not great tonight but overall this is a nice place to eat.