“Nice place but a touch pricey”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Ranked #29 of 1,351 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at Village Pointe next to the movie theater, just off Dodge Street. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-7PM and Saturday & Sunday 11AM - 5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“Nice place but a touch pricey”
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I went there for dinner on a Sunday night as I felt like a steak. As I entered the place, it was fairly quiet and there were only a few people dotted about the place. The décor was nice with lots of wood and slightly rustic. There was a group of people that were very loud but thankfully they were on the other side of the restaurant and didn't bother me.The waiter came over quickly and took my food and drink order. He was very pleasant and helpful when asked about the menu. I had a green salad starter which was very nice and a pepper steak and fries for the main. The steak was cooked very nicely and was very tender and juicy. I was regularly checked on by the waiter and I realise that it was a quiet night but the waiter performed his duties well. I would say that the portions weren't big and the price is a little on the high side but no higher than other good steakhouses in the area. The plus side is at least the food is good quality and you get what you pay for. Would I go back? Maybe, but I have to try some more of the other steakhouses for comparison.

• Visited October 2013

Bellevue, Nebraska
“Good Food - pathetic waitress with an attitude!!!”
Reviewed 30 September 2013

4 at table - 2 tickets
Amanda had an attitude right off the bat, seamed irritated with menu questions. Like we were supposed to know the answers and how dare us ask! She had the demeaning look on her face and NO SMILE AT ALL!!!
When she brought the bread, she sat it between two of the couples and figured she would be bringing some out for the other two. She didn't and when we asked her if we could have some with them, she let us know that she usually only serves one per table. (meanwhile I overheard the waiter on the table next to us politely ask the four seated if they would like some more). Then after she huffed the bread out, we overheard her complaining about us to another waitress.
When she brought the check, there was an error, I had ordered the smaller sirloin that was on the lunch menu. she proceeded to let me know there wasn't a small one. I saw her looking at a menu and then came back to let me know they took $6 off the tab. when she bent down to me, i'm pretty sure I smelled alcohol on her breath.
This is a high end establishment in which we are not privy to visit often, so was hoping for a nice experience.
Both tickets where over $30.00 + tip (which she didn't deserve!!!). We normally tip quite well for good service.
Amanda is her name - We were there at aprox 12:30 pm Saturday, Sept. 28, 2013.

• Visited September 2013
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, 7 October 2013
Dear Lynn,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your recent visit to Firebirds. I am so sorry to hear that we did not execute our usual standard of hospitality. Firebirds was founded on the highest of standards and when we fail to exceed the expectations of our guests, it is imperative that we rectify the experience. I will be forwarding your comments to our management team and I would like to have someone contact you. Please email me at bhall@fbgrill.com.

Becky
Omaha, Nebraska
“Good Food, poor first impressions”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We have been to Firebirds on a couple of occasions, and each time we thought it was a good restaurant. Kinda pricey, but the food is good. For us, its pretty far west so it takes a bit of a drive to get to it.

This latest time we went with another couple, and because of a busy Saturday, we decided we'd better make a reservation (football saturday, so we thought we'd be coming together at the restaurant). We all arrived exactly at the reservation time, only to find that they had lost our reservation. The young ladies at the desk later told us their system went down and lost all reservations made the day before (rather than paper, they use iPad's to track seating and reservations). It became apparent that this was more of a problem for us than it seemed to be for them. We were put into the queue waiting for a table, and were told that it would be a 15 to 20 minute wait. Luckily for us it wasn't terribly busy and we did get a table in about 20 minutes. We were comped an appetizer by the manager, which was very nice, but I would hope that they would have a conversation with the staff about how to handle situations like this.

Our waiter was attentive and helpful, the food came promptly, and it was very good. I had the chili-rubbed steak and it was cooked perfectly. Everyone else at the table enjoyed their dinners, and we had a very nice time. And as another commenter mentioned, they seem to have upped their beer selection, which is good.

An issue for everyone in our group was the noise. Its a very noisy restaurant, which could be from the patron conversations in there, but it may also be because people have to talk over the muzak that seemed kind of loud for a restaurant. It doesn't have to be a church in there, but perhaps turn down the volume below 11 and people may be able to have conversations without having to raise their voices.

All-in-all, it was a nice meal. But since this is out of our way by a good deal, and we can eat at a number of restaurants of equal or greater quality without having to drive so far or pay as much, its not likely that we'll be back any time soon. And if we make reservations, we'll be sure to call again to confirm them.

Finally, I did check the fact that they take reservations, but to paraphrase Seinfeld, I don't know that they know how to hold them.

• Visited September 2013
Firebirdsgrill, Guest Relations Manager at Firebirds Wood Fired Grill, responded to this review, 26 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write in such detail about your recent experience at our Omaha location. I appreciate that you enjoy Firebirds so much that you are willing to make the drive from west Omaha, but the situation regarding your reservation sounds truly frustrating. Your feedback is invaluable to us so I will be sharing your experience with our management team and I would like to have someone contact you to rectify this experience. Would you kindly respond with your contact information?

Becky
Olney, England, United Kingdom
“A good place with a good atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 August 2013

While in Omaha on business I went to Firebirds a couple of times. The food and service were great, and a good choice of wine. I was also surprised on how good the beer was, It's much improved over the years as there is a great choice! Of all the restaurants I visited on my trip, Firebirds I thought was the best. It wasn't the cheapest place to eat, but good food, service and a good atomsphere are always worth paying for.

• Visited September 2012
Omaha Area
“It was good until the end - then not so good”
Reviewed 4 August 2013

My wife and I ate here recently - we had a chicken dish that was prepared very well and was very tasty although I think that something that cost $17 should include a salad. The service was good and the atmosphere nice too.

It was an enjoyable evening until just at the end when a couple with a small child were seated next to us and as they were getting into the booth a bread plate was knocked on the floor - but the hostess scooped it up from under the table and took it back and placed it on top of a stack of plates that were waiting to be distributed to other tables when needed - we decided right then that while the food was good, we would not be returning in fear that some day we might sit at a table with plates that had been previously knocked on the floor but not adequately cleaned in any way.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Firebirds Wood Fired Grill? Share your experiences!