“Good but slightly overpriced”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #30 of 1,395 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at Village Pointe next to the movie theater, just off Dodge Street. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-7PM and Saturday & Sunday 11AM - 5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the food, and the atmosphere was good, but I thought it was slightly overpriced by Omaha standards. A couple of us had the ribeye, which honestly was flavorful but a bit fatty in both cases. One of us had the sirloin which was juicy but chewy. My son had a french dip, which was good but, seriously, $16 for a french dip?! Everybody liked the fries. My wife's final judgment, however, was that I make better steaks on the grill at home.

1  Thank kozulich

Reviewed 19 April 2014

A warm and inviting bar and dinning room make this a great place to eat on a cool Nebraska spring evening. After a round of cocktails we started in on the main course, I had the Aspen sirloin,and loaded baked potato, one person had prime rib and two others sampled the salads available. When you are in Nebraska two things come to mind, first Football (Go Big Red) and the other of course is Prime Beef. The Firebirds won't let you down!

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Love love love Sirloin Steak here called Aspen. Loaded Baked Potato, Caesar Salad, wonderful bread.....there is nothing better than a good steak in Omaha, a famous place for beef! I would eat here again!

1  Thank Randy B
Reviewed 4 April 2014

I joined a colleague for lunch at Firebirds, a first for me. We both ordered salads, I had a Colorado Chicken Salad and my associate had the Shrimp and Strawberry salad. Both were absolutely delicious. The salads were delivery promptly and our waitress was extremely friendly. Since we had salad we decided to splurge on some dessert and opted for the Carrot Cake. I would highly recommend this incredible dessert. Let me tell you why, first it is a perfect size for sharing with up to 3 people. Secondly, it is very delicious; the frosting on top is not overpowering and very light in consistency. Third, the caramel sauce to pour over the top of the cake is not something I have seen before with carrot cake, but it was a complete home run. I can't wait to go back again sometime. Yummy, yummy, yummy!!!!

1  Thank lkhughes
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Superb food at a decent price - very nice setting - always friendly and knowledgeable waiters - you can't go wrong with Firebirds

1  Thank Mark G

Been to Firebirds Wood Fired Grill? Share your experiences!