“Impromptu Dinner”

Firebirds Wood Fired Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 1,372 Restaurants in Omaha
Price range: US$21 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Steakhouse, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Firebirds Wood Fired Grill is located at Village Pointe next to the movie theater, just off Dodge Street. We offer authentic wood-fired steaks, seafood, specialty cocktails and select wines. Join us for Happy Hour Monday thru Friday from 4-7PM and Saturday & Sunday 11AM - 5PM at the FIREBAR(R) or on the patio. We offer top-notch service and upscale dining at a modest price. Visit us online to learn more.
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Decided to do dinner at Firebirds. Great atmosphere and were seated quickly. Had the pecan crusted trout. Poor decision. The fish tasted previous frozen and was very bland and if it wasn't for the pecan crust no flavor what so ever. My wife wood fired salmon. That was very tasty. Firebirds is a bit over priced for what we received. With all the restaurants in the area probably won't be back.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband and I had lunch here compliments of our daughter. She knew we really liked rib eye steak and prime rib. They do not serve prime rib for lunch, but their rib eye steak was very good, tender and flavorful. Our waitress was attentive. She kept our drinks refilled, brought our to-go containers right away, and sent us out with to-go drinks.
The manager came by to check on our meal. All was right. The price was not for our kind of everyday dining, but for those special times you want a treat I would recommend Firebirds. I took pictures of our salad, the BLT and of our main course to send to our daughter. I'll upload them here for you too. The only reason I didn't give this 5 stars, was the price. That will keep us away except for those special treats.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Nothing bad to say about Firebirds, all of the food is well prepared and it shows. I like to Start with the smoked chicken wings or andouille sausage and bean soup. Not much of a salad guy but I'm always seeing people eating them, I'm really liking the pepper crusted sirloin, when I ay things are well prepared this is what I mean. It's ben injected with marinate. I order it rare and the crust is awesome, perfect sear every time and red on the inside. The bleu cheese filet I equally delicious if you just want a plain no nonsense hunk of meat then the aspen sirloin I a safe bet. I wish they did a few more fish entrees, but the salmon and trout are great, wouldn't mind some swordfish though. Plenty of lighter fare if your just in for lunch or not to hungry, tasty burgers and such. Great staff, real friendly, don't force any specials or desserts on you. It has a nice open atmosphere not stuffy or pretentious and a slightly separate bar area for those that are dining alone or in smaller groups. Price wise it' a little expensive but you get what you pay for and I don't regret it. Pretty good location to. Right off Dodge expressway in Village Pointe with lots of retail shopping and a movie theatre across the parking lot. If they keep serving such good food I will keep going back for sure.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

From the minute you walk in and smell the wood grill to the last bite you will enjoy this place. Love there drinks, salads are amazing. Entrees never disappoint you. Atmosphere is awesome and the service is impeccable. A must in Omaha!!

Reviewed 9 May 2014 via mobile

We enjoyed the food, and the atmosphere was good, but I thought it was slightly overpriced by Omaha standards. A couple of us had the ribeye, which honestly was flavorful but a bit fatty in both cases. One of us had the sirloin which was juicy but chewy. My son had a french dip, which was good but, seriously, $16 for a french dip?! Everybody liked the fries. My wife's final judgment, however, was that I make better steaks on the grill at home.

1  Thank kozulich