“Weekend in Omaha before Xmas”

Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West
Ranked #11 of 84 Hotels in Omaha
Reviewed 1 February 2012

Spent an evening at the hotel and was very pleased with check-in. Staff was friendly and followed up with us during the stay. Room was very clean and a typical Garden Inn room We have stayed at other Garden Inns in other states and other hotels from the Hilton chain as we are rewards members. Hotel is conveniently located near the Village Pointe shopping area and some good restaurants. Shuttle was not running that evening due to bad weather so we had to take our own vehicle to supper that evening, but could understand the liability involved. Would not recommend the breakfast for the extra money charged, but many restaurants close by. Overall, the stay was comfortable and quiet. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rich94
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2012

Dear Rich94,

Greetings from the Hilton Garden Inn! I wanted to say thank you for the kind words regarding your stay with us! We have just started re-defining the dining experience at breakfast, and I sincerely hope you will check it out next time you are in town.

In Service,

Kyle Highberg

Reviewed 12 December 2011

With slightly antiquated appointments and a less than par fitness room I was less than impressed with this property. Felt like I was staying in a Best Western and not a Hilton. Old TVs, cheesy 70s carpet, and less than desirable food. I would've sworn this property would've been nicer with the side of town I was on, but I was sadly mistaken. As a Hilton Honors Diamond member, usually I'm offered upgrades and at bare minimum given a Honors packet of water, etc at check in, but none of that was offered here. Disappointed is all I can really say.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank benne017
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2012

Dear Benne017,

How sad to hear of your subpar experience at our Hilton Garden Inn in West Omaha. Please know our staff is fully dedicated to ensuring all our guests have a wonderful time at our hotel, whether here on business of for fun.

I'd like to invite you back to our hotel so you can fully enjoy all that we have to offer at the Hilton Garden Inn in West Omaha. Whether it be upgrades into our Junior or Two-Room Suites, or the Whirlpool Suite, I'd be delighted to upgrade you next time you are here. Additionally, please know we have redesigned our food and beverage offerings to provide some of the best dining this side of town.

If there is anything I can do to earn your loyalty to our hotel, I certainly will. Thank you so much for your time!

Kyle Highberg

Reviewed 31 October 2011

My friend and I stayed here while on business in Omaha. It was a disappointing stay. We typically stay at Hampton Inn and love it. HGI was definitely not a favorite.

When we checked in there was no real greeting (by the Asst. Mgr.). Just a basic check in, no offer to upgrade (rewards members), told us that we get 2 water and asked did we want them now, 1 drink ticket (for 2 people in a double room) and 1 key card (I did end up asking for 2). We tried to converse with him but he didn't want any part of conversing.

My request was to not be near an elevator. Guess what? We were the first room as you step off of the elevator. Luckily, the noise level from the elevator was very low.

We had a double room. The room is really spacious but the bathroom is very small. The beds were terribly uncomfortable. Pillows and beds were both awful to sleep on.

Our ticket was placed under our door and it said that we could use the easy zip check out and to press the easy zip check out (or whatever it said) on our phone and it would check us out. We had no button saying anything like that on either of the phones. I took the receipt down to check out and told them this and the person at the desk didn't say a word.

Such an odd experience, unfriendly, uncomfortable and disappointing for the price paid.

Room Tip: I have no idea what to tell you to ask for since what I asked for was not given.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank golfprosprincess
khighberg, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Omaha West, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2011

Dear Golfprosprincess,

So sorry to hear of your mediocre stay. As the new General Manager of the Hilton Garden Inn, rest assured this has been addressed. We are making some wonderful changes to the Hilton Garden Inn in West Omaha, and we are always focused on delivering the best in Guest Service! I sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity to deliver on Hilton's promise to you and everyone else that we are privileged to serve.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

This hotel is clean. The staff members are friendly and helpful. It is just two blocks from a very large upscale shopping center with several great restaurants. Our room had a really big plus for us since we are senior citizens with older knees we didn't have to struggle in and out of a tub shower combination. The shower was large enough for two. Breakfast was the usual for HGI and there is nothing wrong with that! The hotel is convenient to where our son lives and works so we will be returning.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wanderingwonders

Dear Wanderingwonders,

Thank you for your review! It's always great to know that we can accommodate everyone that comes into our hotel! Having a room that offers you the ability to move freely was a great concern when we built the hotel, and delivering on that need shows why Hilton is a consistent leader in our industry. I am happy you will be returning, and hope to meet you in person next time you are here. Thanks again!

Reviewed 11 October 2011

I stayed here for a weekend conference. The room was ready early and was very clean and comfortable for two. The hotel staff was gracious ad accomadating to us during our stay looking up addesses etc. We didn't spend much time at the hotel but amenities such as a pool, a resturant, and a gym were all available and the hotel was also located in a great area with a lot of shopping and entertainment. It was located about 20 minutes from the zoo and old town. I would stay here again if I was going to be in this area of omaha again. The only suggestion would be to have breakfast incuded in price.

• Stayed: September 2011
3  Thank Katie L
Reviewed 30 September 2011

I stayed here on my wedding night. They had upgraded us to a 2 room suite and it was amazing! They had a card in the room that said, "Enjoy your special night together" and there where chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in the refrigerator. The staff truly made the night special!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Barb S
Reviewed 14 August 2011

I stayed here last week for business travel and found the hotel to be very relaxing. There are several patio areas on which to sit and the weather was beautiful,. The hotel has a nice gym and indoor pool. There is a great ice cream shop down the street (towards the mall area, away from highway 6) called Sheridan's. We went downtown for dinner to an area called the Old Market - I highly recommend this area over anywhere else, it's about 20 minutes from the hotel, great shops and restaurants, much more authentic than chain restaurants at the mall.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business