“Nice stay”

Ranked #58 of 82 Hotels in Omaha
United States
“Nice stay”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Spent a week in Omaha on a business trip. Over all an average Comfort Inn & Suites. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Room was as expected. Breakfast was very nice, they rotate the buffet menu so it is not the exact same thing everyday.

House keeping is spotty. Some clean better than others.

Bar can get loud on the weekends.

Room Tip: If you like it quiet, get a room on the upper floors and away from the bar.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank 1Beachcomber
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear 1Beachcomber,

Thank you for telling us about your stay. We really value all guest feedback. We are so glad that you chose us. Thank you for telling us your thoughts about the breakfast service. We are so glad that you enjoyed it Thank you so much for your time. We hope that you will continue to stay with us during future visits to the area.

Comfort Inn & Suites

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Omaha
Reviewed 26 December 2013

awful!! Trash in hallways, blood on bathroom wall, blood and mucas on comforter, broken bed, water was scalding or icy, employee knocking at 2230, pool not accessible and manager won't call. want money back

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

3 Thank Chris M
Iowa
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We have stayed at this hotel, so we knew in advance that the bar and grill on location is late into the night party place, but the last time we stayed, we were on one of the top floors, so we were oblivious to what was going on below. This time when we got to the hotel there was an arrest going on in the parking lot so, first off, we didn't feel safe, and there was a police officer guarding in the lobby on a regular basis, it appears.

We had been doing humanitarian service in the Omaha area, so when we arrived we were exhausted and ready to go to bed right away. We had checked in later than everyone else, so we got what was left. The room cleanliness, on the 2nd floor was horrible. The worst we had ever seen. It wreaked with throw-up smell and their was food or spit up mashed into the carpet.

The room was very outdated and had water stains in the ceiling as well, but that wasn't the deal breaker for me because it was priced okay.

The deal breaker was....The bar was so noisy we could feel the vibrations in the floor and all of the words of the music that was playing. My husband went down to the registration desk and requested a room. They told us that because we checked in last we got that room, but that they would accommodate us by giving us two rooms upstairs on the 8th floor. Because of this, we had to separate our family, and it was a good thing that we had older children that could take the bedroom across the hall.

I don't care whether we checked in last or not, no one should be allowed to rent the room over the bar. It should not even be placed online because whose going to want it anyway, unless your stinking drunk, and no one should ever have to sleep in a room that is filthy no matter when they check in.

However, the rooms that we did get, they did not charge us extra for and they were clean, so we felt compensated. I marked on the survey that Choicehotels.com sent us that we were satisfied with our experience because hotel management allowed us to move and we ended up getting a good night's sleep in the end, but the first impression will linger in our minds and we will never book a room in this hotel again.

My husband asked the hotel clerk how financially successful the bar is and the clerk said very successful. I think they should get rid of the bar, but they are clearly prioritizing their business model for the more financially successful enterprise, the bar, and there is little hope that will change. So know when you are looking at this hotel that this hotel is a place for one night stands, and people that like to party, even though they are one of the only hotels in the area that offer large suites for families. This is not a family hotel. They have conflicting offerings here, so it's important that families know what is actually going on here before booking the room.

In any case, there is no excuse for rooms to be dirty no matter what time you check in, and especially for those who are checking in late. People check in late because they have been traveling a long distance or working late, and they need accommodations that they can just crash into and get the sleep they need. They don't need to spend an extra 30 minutes after they get to the hotel to fix a problem.

Room Tip: If you do find yourself having to book at this hotel request that you be placed above floor #5 so th...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Dear alwayscleaning,

Thank you so much for telling us about your stay. We are very sorry that you were not completely satisfied. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your feedback. We will pass it on to our staff. We use guest feedback to make changes to the hotel to make it better. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Sincerely
Charlotte, Michigan
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I loved this hotel.. Location was ok..The rooms were very clean and nice sized. Everything was up to date. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable. I would definitely stay there again. Elevators are very fast getting to you which I loved. Pool area was nice as well. I didn't get a chance to eat at the hotel but it was always busy in there so I would assume they are doing something right.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Dear Kdenton1987,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of your feedback. We hope that you enjoyed your stay in Omaha. We strive as a hotel to provide a clean, safe, and comfortable place to stay. Thank you for your feedback. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed 1 October 2013

We stayed at this Comfort Inn and Suites on a Friday night. They have an outdoor bar area and had a band playing very loud either in the bar or the outside area. Our room was on the same side of the hotel and I heard the band through our closed window until 1 a.m. Also, I could hear the room next door taking a shower at 1:30 a.m. We were getting up early to drive to Colorado and I really needed to get some sleep.

Also, the carpet in our room was so dirty and stained that I didn't even want to walk on it without my shoes on. We were supposed to stay there on the way home too, but I cancelled that reservation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 September 2013

I just arrived home from a business trip in Omaha,Nebraska and couldn't wait to leave a review. The room I booked was huge with a separate living room and study area which I didn't expect with such a low rate. The breakfast was delicious every morning. The bar downstairs was a fun way to unwind after my long days of meetings. I will definitely be staying here again the next time I have to come down. 5 out of 5!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Lesley C
ManagementTeamGM, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
Dear Lesley,

Thank you for telling us about your stay with us. We appreciate all of our business travelers. We do our best to make this a great place to stay. Thank you for your feedback We will pass this feedback on to our staff. They always appreciate hearing when they are doing a good job. Thank you for your time. We hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Lincoln NE
Reviewed 19 September 2013

When I checked in the staff had not warned us that the broiler in the pool was broke so the water was freezing cold. The ceiling in the room was starting to come off, the toilet did not flush and there was wet mildew all over the bathroom floor, and when i went to call the front desk, the phone didn't even work. Went to casino that night came back to have the hotel security officer try to run us off, even though we replied politely that we had a room there. He stated "you're loitering" as we just pulled up to the hotel sitting in our vehicle deciding to grab something to eat or just go to bed. The next morning I went to just state my concerns at the front desk and the front desk lady offered me a partial refund....so I accepted. I called to talk to the General Manager and the Front desk Manager, left a message on both of their voice mails, and not one of them called me back. I then called almost two weeks later to get the front desk supervisor who repeatedly hung up in my face several times as I asked to speak with his supervisor. The general manager called me back after that and said we will not refund you or nothing, and you can just not come back. I can't believe people have such HORRIBLE Customer service skills, not along respect for people in general.

Room Tip: "Ramada Inn across the street"
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family